What the hell happened at half time?

Coatbridge Chancellor

Excellent 1st half performance.
On it from the 1st whistle, Motherwell literally didn't get out of their half.
2 goals, might have had more.
Sun was out and I'd basically mentally counted the 3 points.

Yes their subs helped but I can't understand that 2nd half one bit.

Sloppy as %^*& second half.

Failure to kill off the game and a defence that’s gone from near invincible last season, to looking as if they couldn’t keep weans out a close.

Motherwell made changes and decided to go for it, our manager sat and watched this unfold without trying to respond or significantly use the squad at his disposal.

He got justified praise for the bold change he made at ht on Thursday night, he should rightly be slaughtered for sitting on his hands today.

We lost a goal out of nothing and the players shat the bed. We all knew that we needed a third or points would be dropped

Mentality. And it’s happened a number of times with this team. I also question playing a midfielder at CH when we have 2 internationals at our disposal not starting (helander might have been injured), we made changes that weren’t necessary.

Thsts 2nd goal should never have made it in the back of the net. Tav and goldson wtf was going on? It was 2 v 1. School boy defending. I'm sure that Motherwell player couldn't believe how easy it was. Mcgregor was an embarrassment. He didn't even try to save other of them

If Gio got it right on Thursday he got it spectacularly wrong today. No doubt at half time it was "more of the same please". But after 10 minutes you could see that wasn't happening. Alexanders tactical masterstroke outdid us - what an effing embarrassment. The players put in a hell of a lot on Thursday. Could have made 3 subs at that point to put on fresh legs for Kent, Arfield and Kamara.

Their manager made changes and our super duper manager waited until we let them back in to the game and were chasing the game before making a change of our own.
Sadly true.

Very disappointing that we waited SO long for the changes that our team needed, and then when it came (one change !!!) it was Roofe coming on for Sakala (who was still causing them problems every time he got the ball).

How Kamara stayed on that pitch beats me.
It was an insipid display from him, with little urgency nor craft.

Kamara was the man who needed bringing off -- even if it meant Balogun coming on and Lundtsram stepping forwards, or just a straight swap for Roofe (or Lowry, Diallo or God help me, Wright).

Back