What things make you so so proud to be a bear/bearette?

I find it nearly impossible to even answer my own question! I would appreciate your thoughts, but no need to list the 1872 or thereabouts things that make you proud. Maybe it's a fellow fan's kindness to you, our history, players?
My own top one,if pushed is: Every time in my life. when I clap my eyes on Ibrox Stadium I am in Blue Heaven,:)):))

My son's joy when Arfield scored against them last may,he stuck with it as a youngster through the bad years,he was watching Alloa,Peterhead, Stirling.....he launched himself trackside to celebrate from cf1 was magical moment,I was so proud then later gave him a roasting for jumping on pitch lol

that feeling after a game when everyone’s buzzing leaving stadium and still singing and feeling invincible after all the crap that’s happened to us nights like the Legia game really mean something to be back where we belong in Europe . The way everyone supported Fernando then his family made me so proud .

The way my daughter has embraced the Rangers. I was lucky to witness the Souness era and all that followed. The great players. The cup wins. Titles. 9 in a row. The 1st Champions league run. Manchester 2008.
My daughter has seen us in the doldrums. Seen the scum win 8 in a row. Seen our club nearly go under. Yet her love of Rangers is unquestionable. She knows that despite what has went on since 2012 that we are the people.
The fact that she gets it makes me swell with pride.
So many games yet seeing her face when we beat the scum last December was awesome. The joy on her face when the goal went in. The look on her face when we were doing bouncy and the stand was rocking. She stopped thinking it would make a difference. When i reassured her all was ok she was straight back doing the bouncy.
I cried tears of joy at the final whistle not just cos it was first time in a while we had beat them but because the way my daughter was celebrating. I will cry like a wee lassie when 55 comes and i share that moment with my daughter...her 1st premier league title.

knowing that coming from parents with a mixed marriage, I could have went either way. But my grandparents stood strong and never allowed my mother be defeated. Glad to say my offspring never had to go through this. Ibrox is our church.

Every home game I look around a packed Ibrox and feel the power, the fact that we filled Ibrox against Albion Rovers and Alloa gave me an enormous sense of pride . In my 55 years I've seen Ibrox change ,I've seen the board and the players come and go but the fans truly are THE PEOPLE.

I find it nearly impossible to even answer my own question! I would appreciate your thoughts, but no need to list the 1872 or thereabouts things that make you proud. Maybe it's a fellow fan's kindness to you, our history, players?
My own top one,if pushed is: Every time in my life. when I clap my eyes on Ibrox Stadium I am in Blue Heaven,:)):))
Being a Ranger from birth till death whenever that may be.

Sorry . Was just enjoying a few beers before I jumped in with my reply. But it is true .
Seeing our fans displaying the red white and blue and following in huge numbers now as always despite the carnage that has happened to us through no fault of our own , makes me so proud .

I believe Rangers encapsulate a lot of old-fashioned Scottish Unionist virtues - loyalty, respect, self-reliance, hard work, sporting integrity (in its true sense, not the bastardised version propagated by that snake Liewell). Sometimes our players, officials and fans fall short (to err is only human) but the core values remain.

On a simpler level, to meet a fellow Bear through work, on holiday, at the shops, is to feel the warm glow of being in the company of 'one of your own'.

It’s a way of life for me. My dad and older cousin (who has sadly passed away) got me into it and hooked from a really young age. Been travelling to most home games from Northern Ireland since I was 7 years of age. I’m now 33

I’ve met so many friends from following rangers home and away

When at the age of 4 - 5 asking my father who he supported , and in a second he replied ''Rangers '' . I was then a Rangers supporter .
P.S. My father was not a football supporter , but he was my hero .

Last edited:
Personally it is the absolute loyalty of our fanbase near and far and our determination not to be put down or silenced even in the utmost adversity and downright prejudice and bigotry. I cannot think of any other club that would have coped with the absolute shitstorm that hit us in 2012 and managed to rise from the ashes to the present day when we are again top of the league and have Steven Gerrard as our gaffer and Jermaine Defoe as our second striker. I had to move South in early 2013 and I remember standing at my seat in the Sandy Jardine on my last game before having to give up my season ticket with a lump in my throat, a tear in my eye but with the total certainty that we would be back. I will die happy in the knowledge that I supported the greatest club in world football bar none.

For me it has to be that my club is widely regarded as one of the finest Institutions in World Football.
We're the most decorated club in the world, we have the finest and most fervent support anywhere and we have standards of excellence, sportsmanship and integrity that very few clubs in the world can match.
In short....We Are The People!

Just being born a Bluenose, Mum was widowed in 75 when I was only 4 and she says I'm as big a Bluenose as my Dad was.

We moved back to Dunoon where she was brought up and all my cousins are mhanks and tried to turn me, I was having none of it, 19th Century Terrorist rats :))

The way my daughter has embraced the Rangers. I was lucky to witness the Souness era and all that followed. The great players. The cup wins. Titles. 9 in a row. The 1st Champions league run. Manchester 2008.
My daughter has seen us in the doldrums. Seen the scum win 8 in a row. Seen our club nearly go under. Yet her love of Rangers is unquestionable. She knows that despite what has went on since 2012 that we are the people.
So many games yet seeing her face when we beat the scum last December was awesome. The joy on her face when the goal went in. The look on her face when we were doing bouncy and the stand was rocking. She stopped thinking it would make a difference. When i reassured her all was ok she was straight back doing the bouncy.
I cried tears of joy at the final whistle not just cos it was first time in a while we had beat them but because the way my daughter was celebrating. I will cry like a wee lassie when 55 comes and i share that moment with my daughter...her 1st premier league title.
Lovely post mate.

I’m 17 years old, so have been somewhat unlucky in the fact that I’ve never really seen a rangers team at it’s full strength. Despite that, throughout our years in the lower divisions, my support, like many others, never wavered. All I have cared about for years is Rangers, going to the home games with my family, going to the away games with my mates, it’s the best thing in the world. It’s fair to say Rangers is more than just a football team, it’s an institution, and one I’m very much proud to be a part of.

Ibrox for me.
The sense of excitement and anticipation I get when I see the girders on top of the club deck come into view over the tops of the houses as we approach on the bus. I've been coming over from NI since I was 8 and i got the same feeling when I saw those girders at the hamilton game last week as I did when I saw them for the first time back in 1994.
It truly is a special place with a history and tradition unrivalled by any stadium in the world as far as I'm concerned.
A history and tradition built and maintained by special people - THE PEOPLE!

I’m 17 years old, so have been somewhat unlucky in the fact that I’ve never really seen a rangers team at it’s full strength. Despite that, throughout our years in the lower divisions, my support, like many others, never wavered. All I have cared about for years is Rangers, going to the home games with my family, going to the away games with my mates, it’s the best thing in the world. It’s fair to say Rangers is more than just a football team, it’s an institution, and one I’m very much proud to be a part of.
Don't you worry young Bear. You will see us rise again and Ill bet it will feel the same as it did for me at your age.

This is what makes me proud to be a Rangers fan.

Thanks for sharing GL

For me it's just the traditions that run through the club and the culture of the club and fans.

Also having the likes of Advocaat, McLeish, Smith, McCoist and now Gerrard as managers. These guys are class and set the bar as to potential future managers of the club.

When you see fannies like Delia and Lennon in charge of them then it makes you even more proud to be a Bear.

The majority of Rangers fans actually love Rangers, passionately.

Fans of other clubs don’t have the same level of emotional attachment to their clubs.

It's just right to be a Rangers fan ,there's no better feeling than watching the Gers along with your fellow Bears and cheering them on in full voice
Yes we truly are the people , always have been ,and always will be
God bless the Rangers ....You make us proud

We are everything that is good about hard working, stoical, erudite, Presbyterian, conservative and Unionist Scottish values. Our nation was not only built upon them, but we spread our influence across the World, especially North America, and they did ok too as result. Beyond that, we are the World’s most decorated club and no one can take that away from us any time soon. Why wouldn’t you be proud to be a bear?

Just read the thread, and I agree.
The best thing is passing the club on to the next generation. The sons and daughters who went with their parents, and more importantly in our recent turmoils, the mothers and fathers who pass the responsibility on to the next generation of bears. They'll do us proud.
'Though the straits be broad or narrow'. Or even the streets.
We will follow on.
I love being a bear.

You are the future, young man.
I thought we had it bad after '79. Almost barren till Souness arrived.
You bear cubs have had it much worse, yet still fill Ibrox when sometimes we couldn't.
You and your generation, my son and daughters, and the sons and daughters of my fellow bears will see to it. We will overcome our darker days. We will be champions.

Bang on the money.
No matter what happens.
We Stand Strong.
We Stand Together.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE.

Back