What type of midfielder do we need?

i would like a midfield enforcer who can also score goals, a young Graeme Souness would be perfect

Good question. Jack, Kamara and Davis are all too 'safe' and slow. None of them 'want' to shoot/score as in all honesty they are poor at that skill.

There is difference between what we need versus Scottish shit and top teams; our midfield in the Scottish games - especially away against the Killie, Hibs, Motherwell badly need a hard man. Against top teams somebody who can see a pass forward and score some goals is needed. Remember Walter had his Scottish team and his European team.

There's an implied criticism in some posts of our existing midfield that is going to be proved very wrong this season. Kamara and Jack strolled much of that last game, as did Aribo; any midfielder coming in will only add to the quality we have, but with additions we have made, particularly Roofe, the midfield that played against Aberdeen will have a huge role to play this season.

In light of the current signings, unquestionably Rangers are a significantly stronger team now than they were last year. We are now almost a a place were we can claim more or less parity with the bheasts. The missing piece of the jigsaw is in midfield where we need '....dare I say it....', someone in the mould of a Scott Brown.

I think we need a deep lying midfielder who can ping they long balls forward that neither jack or Kamara aren’t able to. Basically a young, stronger version of Davis. On top of that we need another forward, not a striker but someone to back up Kent, someone with some pace about his game that can give Kent some rest.

In the Zungu thread I've seen a lot of contrasting posts on what type of player we need in the middle of the park.. I'm sure we all agree that it's an area we need to strengthen.

A tough tackling enforcer?
Box to box?
Forward thinking/ goalscoring?

In my opinion we lack energy and drive from midfield so an athletic box to box would be ideal.

Jack, Davis & Kamara are all tidy on the ball & can all do a job sitting in front of a back four but it's very pedestrian at times.. for me only 1 of these 3 should be starting at any given time when playing the lesser teams.

For me Jack plays the holding role best, aka breaks play up, covers the full backs and keeps it simple.

Aribo will be given the freedom to get forward and support the forwards.

If we can find a third midfielder to compliment these two I think it will take us up another level and see us become a proper team capable of seriously challenging them over 38 games.

A Serbian Zidane, that’s more like the real french Zidane than a donkey.

There's an implied criticism in some posts of our existing midfield that is going to be proved very wrong this season. Kamara and Jack strolled much of that last game, as did Aribo; any midfielder coming in will only add to the quality we have, but with additions we have made, particularly Roofe, the midfield that played against Aberdeen will have a huge role to play this season.
We didn’t create enough chances in relation to our possession

We didn’t create enough chances in relation to our possession
I think we will see Roofe enhance our midfield, even though he doesn't play there. Kamara has the potential to be the best midfielder in this league, and Roofe will compliment his game nicely. Kamara and Jack are going to get better as the season goes on; another addition will take the weight as well, but Jack and Kamara will do well this season.

We need to move the ball quicker from middle to front in my opinion. A little bit more vision required and someone who can shoot from outside the box.

Back