What vaccination document do you have to upload to get your boarding pass to get into Spain?

Trying to upload documents to Lufthansa (flying from Edinburgh > Germany > Spain).

2 vaccinations + booster

Uploaded covid pass as well as letter containing QR codes and they’ve knocked it back:

“Unfortunately, we must inform you that your submitted documents do not meet the standards for your upcoming flight for the following reason: Missing entry-related health registrations form [ link ] https://www.spth.gob.es/

I thought that having my booster pass would be enough?

Passengers are no longer required to complete a Spanish Health Control form prior to travel.

Passengers travelling to Spain for tourism purposes must provide one of the following:

• A valid vaccination certificate (You can do so using the NHS app, or you can visit the NHS website and register to access your status online. You will then be able to download and print a Pdf document. You can find more information about this here)
Or

• A medical certificate certifying that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months prior to travel

Passengers are no longer required to complete a Spanish Health Control form prior to travel.

Passengers travelling to Spain for tourism purposes must provide one of the following:

• A valid vaccination certificate (You can do so using the NHS app, or you can visit the NHS website and register to access your status online. You will then be able to download and print a Pdf document. You can find more information about this here)
Or

• A medical certificate certifying that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months prior to travel
People need to read this and nothing else. It's quite clear.

So the answer to the original question is 'none'.

Proof of vaccination status
You must show valid proof of being fully vaccinated to enter Spain from the UK if travelling for tourism purposes. If one of the exemptions listed applies to you, you may be able to present other documentation on entry. See Exemptions

Spain will accept the UK’s proof of COVID-19 vaccination record and proof of COVID-19 vaccination issued in the Crown Dependencies.

Your date(s) of vaccination must be specified and you need to have had a vaccine authorised by the European Medicines Agency or by the World Health Organisation.

Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.

Documents can be in either English, Spanish, French or German and in paper or electronic format. They must specify your name and surname. See ‘Entry requirements for entry in Spain from third countries’ section ‘k.’ on the Spanish Ministry of Health Travel and COVID-19 page for further information on proof of vaccination for travelling to Spain from the UK.

Further rules may apply if you have travelled to a country on Spain’s list of ‘risk’ countries in the 14 days prior to travel to Spain.

I'm taking a print out as the NHS Scotland biometric scan keeps failing so I can't use the app

We're with Ryanair and uploading Covid docs is optional.

Does it get us through any quicker if I upload them or will they just check at the airport anyway?

Explort to PDF from NHS app, upload PDF to Spain Travel App - get Apple Wallet Pass “EU COVID CERTIFICATE”

Does it get us through any quicker if I upload them or will they just check at the airport anyway?
If you have the pass on your phone approved from the Spanish’s own travel app it’s pretty much pre-approved

What documents are you loading. My covid status document was over the size limit so assuming nhs app will do lol

Sorry meant to add - if you upload now your E-ticket will have a “covid documentation uploaded” badge on it which makes it easier to board I believe

You dont need SpTH app now.

Previously you did need it and you needed the reference number of your latest vaccine and the address of where you were staying.

Now you just need your vaccine passport app. They dont check every single one. When I was in Spain recently they looked at mine but they scanned my Mrs and said she was a random check.

What documents are you loading. My covid status document was over the size limit so assuming nhs app will do lol
I noticed that with Ryan Air they have a 2Mb upload limit and the vax certs pdf's are 2.8Mb. You need to compress it on one of free sites, just Google. Pain in the arse to be honest.

Mine says download PDF copy.
I was in Spain two weeks ago Alicante airport - they had 8 desks before you leave for baggage checking

I simply downloaded my Covid Pass (you have to “get covid pass” first In the app.

To my device (which is connected to the cloud as is my computer)

I then opened the Spanish Travel app and uploaded the document again from my phone

It then gave my a QR code which I have on apple wallet - to show at the airport

They scanned the code and I was done in 15 secs

But they checked everyone on that day

I noticed that with Ryan Air they have a 2Mb upload limit and the vax certs pdf's are 2.8Mb. You need to compress it on one of free sites, just Google. Pain in the arse to be honest.
A vax cert 2.8mb lol. That’s the civil service for you. What a joke. Should be under a Mb for sure

They will just check them at the airport

Nhs app will have proof of vaccination. Scroll to find them screenshot the qr codes. They will show up in your gallery just incase the airport wifi is poor.

Tbh I'm unvaxed with a covid recovery cert.

I just done the SpTH form and got my QR code anyways.

Not fannying around with it and risking anything. I'd rather have too much than not enough.

BA have also validated my covid uploads also so I'm ready to check in and get my boarding passes tomorrow at 10am ready for my Tuesday flight.

Reactions: CF4
We’re flying with British Airways to Faro and they required vaccination status certificate to be uploaded prior to being able to check in online. It was pretty much instantly approved once uploaded….on the link below, click on ‘download or request a copy of your vaccination status online’ (this is in the second last paragraph near foot of page)
Once you follow that link, if you can’t remember your user name or password then click the relevant link - my lad couldn’t remember his and it’s very simple to obtain, you just input some personal details along with a date you had a vaccine jab (your NHS Scotland app will tell you this). Once you do all this you can save a PDF copy of your vaccination certificate and upload to BA website

I've checked in my Ryanair flight online.

Do I still need to go to the check in desk to get documents checked, or do I go straight through to security?
Yes just go to the check in desk

Back