What was/is the best for you - Helicopter Sunday or Number 55 ?

Helicopter Sunday or Number 55 ?

• Total voters
Most emotional was 55 by a mile.

But I was at Helicopter Sunday and that moment where the roar started will live with me forever so it has to be that.

Last edited:
This is comfortably a more important and significant title win in our history than Helicopter Sunday. No question of that. It’s a genuine milestone in our club’s illustrious history, so it has to be the bigger of the two.

However, my emotions and elation on HS were off the scale and the thrill of that day and sheer excitement of the last few minutes miles higher than I’ve felt at any point this season. That day was the epitome of what being a football supporter is all about.

I recall HS like it was yesterday the sheer emotion of every bear going into Ibrox to the unexpected and the stadium being opened up will hopefully live with me forever.

55 and especially to the younger bears have every right to put that down as THE one under a very different social backdrop ,felt like a slow burn to me since around November and contentment when sealed, but reading that back I guess the young team deserve to edge it for follow following on under darker times.

What a generation of support we have that's came through!

55's just feel real glow of satisfaction as I knew it would come home at some point.

55 was a great feeling but it was a canter in the end if your being honest.

Helicopter Sunday however was the greatest agony to ecstacy feeling ever, we had played so well the 2nd half of that season, the hearts game with the penalty in the last minute for instance was great, ricksens redemption as he led like a captain in most games then down to the last game, we had it won but nothing we could do anymore, they lost it, it was in their hands and they fucked it right up. It was brilliant.

I was at Easter Rd and what a day never to be forgotten
But 55 not only did we win the League we stopped what I will describe there holy grail
Ten in a Row., So its 55 for me.

Was flying down south am for work the Monday morning, no interest in watching any of the footie that Sunday.. although had it on the radio in the house.. (Was a genuine thing then lol)..

Ended up getting the flight, still half cut, with a half packed suitcase that had been flung into a corner during my dash to Ibrox when it all turned on it's head..

Memories will live with me forever.

But as a few have said, it's 55. Without a doubt.

I’ve been very fortunate to have been at all the title winning games since the 80’s and 55 is by the most significant so go for this one although it’s hard to beat May 2nd 99 and helicopter Sunday

Helicopter Sunday, I was more younger & able to go tonto on the celebrations, plus the surprise element of the last day - that takes some beating.
But it’s 55 for me. Ten Years A Slave to paraphrase a recent movie, that’s what it felt like. Now? It is so emotionally charged I’ve yet to fully take it all in. It is beyond my wildest dreams.

Helicopter Sunday for me. What a day.

This season I can't celebrate the way I want, no pub or meeting with friends. The leagues bern done for a long time and we weren't even playing when we won.

Helicopter Sunday was all about going to Easter Road in hope. 2 minutes to go and celtic were champions.

Plus I was there :D ;)

55. HS was incredible because we went in hope rather than expectation.

This season is like a Hollywood scriptwriter came up with it.

Opponents on huge winning spree ?

Written off by journos before even playing the first game ?

Most on form player injured pretty much straight away, together with one of our best developing defenders?

An unbeaten league run beyond anything any of us can remember ?

Simultaneously producing an unbeaten run in Europe ?

Playing wonderful, attacking football that's also so complete, so total, that we rarely concede goals domestically ?

Break long standing records while we are at it ?

It's the stuff of dreams, legends, this is a season we will talk about for decades.

Helicopter Sunday was breath taking, heart palpitation stuff because of the late unfolding drama.

55 has been a slow steady march of unbridled joy.

55 is the most important title in our history.

55 for me.

Helicopter Sunday was a glorious moment in time at the end of a pretty "meh" season.
Champions league misery.
Weird UEFA cup group stage.
Miserable Scottish Cup exit.
Nice League Cup win though.
Two rough defeats to the tims in the league.

Going into the last day expecting them to win and then 2 or 3 minutes of utter madness and it felt like we had stolen it. One of the highest highs at the end of an OKish season.

Never to be repeated and in it's own way incomparable.

I will compare it anyway!

55 is a culmination of 9 seasons of misery.
With so many horrific moments that to list them all here just... urgh.
Then we started this year so brightly and you could just sense we are almost at the top of the mountain.
After struggling so hard for so long we just dropped all the baggage and absolutely flew to the summit.

What is it they say? One decade in the making? 55 is not for second best.

HS was like Maurice Edu scoring that last minute goal after the mad goal mouth scramble.
55 was like watching a game when we were 4/5 goals up at half time.
If it wasn't for HS we would be celebrating 54 !

When we won on Helicopter Sunday I ran out the house in celebration.
At the final whistle on Sunday (after the initial reaction) I just had to sit down barely able to breathe for five minutes.
Both deciders were fantastic, in their own way. I think 55, contextually and emotionally, just means more.

Screenshot-20210309-074006-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Who's conducting this poll, the North Korean government?

The depths we’ve plumbed in the last ten years, even up to getting pumped out the cup by hearts followed by that embarrassment at home to accies last year, when we all doubted we’d ever get there, mean 55 is by far the best for me.

Helicopter Sunday was a fun day we weren’t expecting and indeed a joy to behold but from the despair of some of the lows of “The Journey” to the omnipotent Brazilians we have become makes this, by far, the best ever.

I hope, in terms of league wins, it is never surpassed!

55 is unquestionably the most significant after the decade of turmoil we have had.

I’m not even counting the fact it “stopped the 10*”, I couldn’t actually care less about that. What makes this title special is what it means to Rangers and the support after admin, liquidation and the unwavering support during the painful journey to get our club back where it belongs. That’s why it’s more important than Helicopter Sunday.

I was at Easter road for helicopter Sunday and it was an amazing day, but even though we all couldn't be there for our 55th title, I spent it with fellow bears I've known all my life and I've never felt so much pride as winning that 55th league championship. It means so much to all of us after the rubbish we've had to suffer from the tramps from the east end and all the other rangers haters throughout Scotland, so this 55th title blows helicopter Sunday out the water for me!

Back