What was the first thing that made you feel old following The Teddy Bears?

George Goudie

Official Ticketer
Tonight, after the game, my youngest had the temerity to teach me a Rangers song that I didn't know the words to.

Felt a strange mix of pride and a temptation to skelp the cheeky young grinning upstart, but he is 6' and goes to the gym.

Old and Pathetic Loyal.

Sorry - the song was this one:

Every Saturday we follow
We cheer the boys in blue
Most successful team in football
We're Scotland's gallant few
Times they have been hard
We've followed near and far
You will always hear us roaring
On the stands of Ibrox park.

Oh oh oh oh oh oh! etc.

What song was it?

Mine was at some point at the start of last season or end of the season before when we had 11 players on the pitch and every single one was younger than myself. I was only 29 and dream of someday playing for Rangers took a huge blow.:(

When a 20/30 year old Bear said to his mate. Last year .Here let the Auld Yin in .First time I had ever been called that .

I thought I'm gonna buy grecian 2000 and get my gnashers done .

Tonight, after the game, my youngest had the temerity to teach me a Rangers song that I didn't know the words to.

Felt a strange mix of pride and a temptation to skelp the cheeky young grinning upstart, but he is 6' and goes to the gym.

Old and Pathetic Loyal.
My seat in the Govan front was "taken" following my season boycott. I literally got the same seat but unfortunately in the Govan rear row U. I think row U means Utterly Fu?ked by the time I get there!! Yes and old very very old.

Sorry - the song was this one:

Every Saturday we follow
We cheer the boys in blue
Most successful team in football
We're Scotland's gallant few
Times they have been hard
We've followed near and far
You will always hear us roaring
On the stands of Ibrox park.

Oh oh oh oh oh oh! etc.

I said exactly the same to my son tonight, it will take me ages to get the words. I stood there just clapping like a happy seal.

My 6 year old girl said to me after beggers game at Ibrox, dad a wish we could go back and watch rangers when you were a wee boy cause they beat them all the time. So do a girl!! Only 32 but made me feel old

When the players suddenly overnight (to me anyway!) became younger than you. It dawned on me during wee Advocaat's first season I never charge.

Oh and the wee fella giving me a row for not knowing the Josh Windass song!

My mate's 30th when we were talking about him being a ball boy the day we beat Dunfermline 6-1 to win the league.

Thought that was only about 3 years ago :)

Pretty much when the players I was watching were all generally younger than me. So probably when I was 32 or 33.

I’m 39 just now.

When some of the players on the pitch were born in the mid 90s. Even worse now that there are players breaking through that were born in the early 2000s :eek:

Mind sitting in the West Enclosure in the 3rd division days and calling Barrie McKay "son" - made me sound like I was 60-odd, I was only 26 at the time :oops:

Not old, as such (I was only 16!), but when Derek Johnstone played in the League Cup Final in 1970, it was the first time a Rangers first-team player was younger than me.

The first time I was knocked back from the boys gate. It happened at East End Park. A big polis pulled me out the queue and said I was too old so I had to pay in at the mens gate which meant that I had no money left to buy a programme. I was 14 at the time:eek: Derek Parlane scored 5 that day.

Taking my old man to Ibrox for what I knew would be his last time (1999) and realising the onus was now on me to ensure his grand kids and now great grand kids would follow follow too. Much harder from America, but we have the season tickets still in use and both my American son-in-law and American daughter-in-law go to Ibrox when we come home.

Back