What was the first thing that made you feel old following The Teddy Bears?

Everyday on here."Who remembers","My father/grandfather says","supporters pics of the old days","Must have been great at Ibrox before seats"

Feckin old and feel it.

Once Kenny Miller goes there (probably) won’t ever be a Rangers player who is older than me ever again.

I think that David Weir was the last Rangers player I saw that older than me.

Miller will be that last player to play for Rangers who was born in the 70's.

When Davie Weir retired it was the last time in my life that there was a first team payer older than me.
Finally admitted to myself that I'd never pull on the jersey. :p

I'm older than DW by 8 months but obviously for roughly 4 months of the year we are the same age and when he retired I knew that no other Rangers player would even be the same age as me.

When younger Bears started to ask what it was like standing on the Ibrox terraces.
Seeing your heroes from the 70s & 80s walking around Ibrox on match days and most fans don't know who they are. One time Colin Stein and Bud were standing talking outside the Copland and I asked my son if he knew who they were. Hadn't a clue, only the goalscorers from our most famous game.

Bunch of auld bastards :)

Some of the young team think im at it when i said broxis wife and son (roxi and boris) used to come on to the pitch.

Wasn't really a Rangers moment, but one Sunday morning I was reading the reports on the Saturdays game. The phrase used was " veteran Aberdeen defender Alex McLeish...." He was 34 and I was a year below him at school. I know he was a veteran in football terms , but he was only 34.

Taking my old man to Ibrox for what I knew would be his last time (1999) and realising the onus was now on me to ensure his grand kids and now great grand kids would follow follow too. Much harder from America, but we have the season tickets still in use and both my American son-in-law and American daughter-in-law go to Ibrox when we come home.

Brilliant. Simply the best. He will be proud of you Sir.

Back