What was the point in signing Herrera

JD1872

We are now almost in November and he has barely started a game, he gets the occasional run out as a sub but surely for the amount of money we have paid and considering he is a full international we are entitled to expect a player that can influence games in the first team. The “He needs time to adapt” arguement can only work for so long

Thought it was very strange nemane came on for Pena when we clearly needed someone beside Morelos. We could have paid a fraction of the fee for Herrera and got Moult who would have hit the ground running and taken some of the pressure off Morelos

It only further confirms what I feel re Pedro's ideas on football that he wanted a side with Herrera in it

I can't imagine what that would look like.

Pedro wanted Herrera to be our number 9 but Morelos hit the ground running and he couldn't then leave him out.

I'd expect to see Herrera back in the team in the next couple of games now that the goals have started to dry up from Morelos and Pena isn't performing as we'd hoped.

Pedro clearly remembers Herrera as a player from his time in Mexico. It would appear that now he sees him every day he realises he's not very good.

Don't see any other explanation to be honest.

Then you see Moult up the other end scoring twice and getting stuck in at half the price. Sickening

When I first seen him I said he was like the Mexican Kevin Kyle with his mobility. I find it hard to believe that the manger has watched him and thought him worthy of £1.5 million plus. Just like Peña he looks completely unsuitable for Scottish football

I personally would like us to stop all the fancying about with " shadow "strikers and " ghost" number 10s.

Football is a simple game . Why not try 4-3-3 with candieas wide and Morelos with Herrera as a strike partnership ? Am I missing something here ?

As said above. I think Herrera was the planned first choice striker but with the performances of Morelos it's been difficult for him.

We have to start him in place of Pena.

Will be back in Mexico with Pena with a big pay off in their tales before next season, the horrendous decision to bring these guys in shows we can’t give manager another transfer window.

Get him playing coz we are running out of players we can call pish. I wish I was joking

Pedro clearly remembers Herrera as a player from his time in Mexico. It would appear that now he sees him every day he realises he's not very good.

I might buy that if , when he loaned him in Mexico , he played him for ninety minutes on a regular basis , he didn't .

Hard to be too harsh on Herrera because he hasn't really been given a run but all things considered ,I don't really see the logic in Pedro signing him .

Unless it was purely as a backup .

The manager signs players not good enough.
That's really why Herrera is here.
He's no better than Garner who we let go & no Better than Moult who quite a few said we should've signed.

I might buy that if , when he loaned him in Mexico , he played him for ninety minutes on a regular basis , he didn't .

Hard to be too harsh on Herrera because he hasn't really been given a run but all things considered ,I don't really see the logic in Pedro signing him .

Unless it was purely as a backup .

I'm fairly sure he wasn't bought as backup.

What we have seen is the young striker with potential being preferred to the more expensive striker who was presumably expected to be the finished article.

Herrera might surprise us given a run in the team but I would be very surprised if that were to be the case.

I'm fairly sure he wasn't bought as backup.

What we have seen is the young striker with potential being preferred to the more expensive striker who was presumably expected to be the finished article.

Herrera might surprise us given a run in the team but I would be very surprised if that were to be the case.
You may well have a point but I'm just not feeling the logic in the signing at all .

Gordon Duncan of Clyde has tweeted that Herrera earns 13x the amount of Moult.

Bit of an eye opener.

Herrera is looks less effective as what Waghorn or Garner were.

I wouldn't give Pedro anymore cash if in the highly unlikely event he's not sacked by January

I'm not sure he does see him every day. Herrera's instagram/twitter seems to pictures of him touring round the country.

I think Morelos was seen as still a little young who’d come onto a game over a couple of seasons but as said above he is the one who hit the ground running and Herrera isn’t good enough to dislodge him.

Maybe it is worth trying him with Candieas and Morelos playing wide and Dorrans, Jack and holt in a 3.

Worryingly the goals have dried up for Morelos which is what happens when you are rely on one young striker to get all the goals

Feck knows and it might not be popular on here but i would have prefereed we spent 500k on moult and kept the extra 1million

Back