What was your lowest point on "The Journey" back up the Leagues

Ramsden's Final defeat at Easter Road.

Also, as other have said there were bits before the games started where I honestly thought we were hours away from losing then club altogether. I was obsessive in checking for news. Think this coincided with when I lost all interest in other football. Now it's rare I watch a game we're not involved in and couldn't care less about any I do watch.

Last edited:
From a footballing perspective, it was getting beat at home to Annan. That for me was the day the bastards running our shitty wee game in Scotland had completed their humiliation

Mix that with the bastards we had ripping the heart out of our club, I just thought at the time, will we ever recover from this misdemeanor of criminal institutionalised hatred.

To this day, we are still in a state of recovery and every league and cup lost is a low point.

It's a reminder that the bastards got what they wanted...........

A 0-0 draw at home to Annan. Just off the nightshift, lunchtime kick off, freezing weather and having to watch Anestis Argyriou wear our jersey.

Article Talk

This.

Alloa shades it as we were 2-0 up and Ally was standing laughing and joking on the touchline right before they pulled the first goal back.
I couldn't actually believe we were 2-0 up. Alloa outplayed us in the first half, missed a few chances. We had a 15min spell at the start of the 2nd half. 2-0 up, thought we'd go on and won 4-0 or 5-0 at that stage.

Losing to Annan at Ibrox. Thousands slunked out the stadium in silence.

McCoist refusing to resign despite the various horrific displays and turning the club into an absolute laughing stock then sitting back in his garden for six months pocketing hundreds of thousands of pounds as reward for abject failure when the club was on its knees.

People often get enraged if you dare to highlight it but I've never felt the same about him since then.
This for me
Worshiped the guy beforehand but now just can't forget this
He shouldn't have needed the money. Even if he did he has clearly shown he could get work in the media very easily
If he had only taken it from the spivs he could have argued they would have stolen it anyway but he continued to take it after regime change
Seems to just get a pass on it from the fans

It was that day. I thought we were done.

Check the related content.
In my mind, I see this as a “positive” in that this seemed like the turning point where the Three Bears started to take control of the Board. My memory might be off but I’m sure that’s roughly around the time where others starting selling shares or voting with the Three Bears to eventually oust Ashley and the Easdales.

Looking back, the overriding thoughts I have is I simply can’t believe the whole saga, from start to finish, actually happened to us. And, amazingly, although I had no doubts at all but looking back our future was far from guaranteed, we came back to the top, stronger than ever :)

We must be one of the biggest clubs in world football to go through all of that and come out ultimately stronger. A testament to our great supporters. Lesser clubs would have disappeared

The loss to Annan. I went with my son and my dad. My dad was seriously ill and we knew it was our last game together and his last visit to Ibrox. My dad passed away not long afterwards and did not live to see us return. Even now, writing this is difficult. I still have a mix of deep sadness as well as anger.

There were posters on here who defended McCoist's insanity of running a 31-year-old Jon Daly into the ground as if he was Luka Modric.

Everything about it was tinpot and depressing with not a single redeeming element. One that sitcks out is getting ragdolled 3-0 up at Tannadice. The gulf in quality that day between the two teams was wild.

For me it was when it all fell apart in the championship, losing the league to Hearts then playoff to Motherwell, Ashley and his men absolutely ruining us! We’ve came a long way!

The AGM in the tent for me, Dave King and the 3 Bears did a number on that mob and it makes us all appreciate what we have now I think.

That doesn’t stop frustration when we see shortcomings but it’s left us in a better place as a support on the whole I think.

On the pitch it would be the Ramsdens cup final defeat in 2014.

The pasting at fir park was grim too but that was the real start of the comeback.

A little away from the hurt of losing Ramsden Cup Finals, Annan at home and Motherwell etc, as much as those were all low points in the recovery, for me losing the Scottish Cup Final to Hibs was an absolute bastard. I felt we were genuinely back and had shown that by reaching the seasons grand finale. We were about to top it off with a trophy and European football for the next season, I felt more gutted at losing that than the Ramsden’s to be honest

The Ramsdens Final at Easter Road was awful for obvious reasons. However, I remember an away night time game against Cowdenbeath being the point at which I felt closest to just chucking it entirely. I'd given up my ST as part of the boycott and I was watching this abomination on RTV. I think we actually won, but it was just everything about it finally got to me, the players, the setting and I realised that I didn't even care if this bunch of players (I'd hesitate to call them a team) actually even won the game because there was nothing riding on it. Just felt so detached from the club at that point, which is why despite the manner of his departure, I'll always thank Warburton for starting us back on the rebuild to some sort of identity and going to the games expecting enjoyment again.

Not the “lowest point” for me, but I’ll never forget when Falkirk beat us 3-2 away, in the season we won promotion back to the premiership.
We scored 2 early goals, could have been up about 6 or 7-0 at half time, went in 2-0 up tho.
It was easily the best (first half) performance we had put in during the journey back, but managed to lose the game 3-2. I was convinced at half time we had finally clicked into something really special anol haha.
Thankfully hibs had a mad week around the same time and lost 3 outta 3 I’m sure.

In my mind, I see this as a “positive” in that this seemed like the turning point where the Three Bears started to take control of the Board. My memory might be off but I’m sure that’s roughly around the time where others starting selling shares or voting with the Three Bears to eventually oust Ashley and the Easdales.
That for me as well felt change was coming also the pumping at Easter rd Paul Murray and some others were behind me in the stand and one guy pleaded with him “will you guys get in??” and he didn’t say anything just gave a knowing look

Where do you start?
Ramsden cup final at Easter road is my main just the sheer embarrassment of losing that.
My own personal worst moment was going to a game during the boycott 'had already booked flights etc.' but seeing fans fight amongst each other regarding going to the game. One oarticular was a guy getting grief in the Louden. Guy getting grief responding with teary eyes stating that he doesnt know when itll be the last game with his elderly father.
Just a brutal time all round.

What a weird bunch we are on here. Mention playing in a European Final six months ago and the thread is full of "We didn't win it, get over it" and "I'll never watch a minute of that game again in my life" posts. Bring up the worst, most would destroying period in our history and it's an instant six-pager. :D

It all just merges into one in my head. I can barely remember specific humiliations, I just remember there were plenty of them.

My personal low point was actually a WIN. We played Dumbarton at Ibrox with McDowall as the manager. It was the first time I'd been to Ibrox since the 140th anniversary game (I hadn't been back in Scotland during the season since then). The game was terrible. REALLY terrible. Dumbarton missed a couple of golden chances to equalise in the dying minutes and we finally wrapped it up with an injury-time goal to struggle past Dumbarton at Ibrox. The players didn't look like they wanted to be there. Kenny McDowall absolutely didn't want to be there and we had just lost 4-0 to Hibs the week before. Our 3rd away defeat in a row without scoring a goal.

But what I saw in the stands worried me even more. Crowds had dwindled since the defiant 45,000+ of the first season in the lower tiers. There were barely 30,000 there, the atmosphere veered between poisonous and apathetic and it seemed as if there was barely anyone there under the age of 40. It looked to me as if we might have lost a whole generation of supporters, that I thought we might never get back.

It was the first time that I really worried that we might not get back to what we had been at all. There was nothing to give you hope for the future on the park or on the horizon and no sign of the board room chaos ending or the chasm between the fans and the board closing.

It was the first time I had taken my wee girl to the game. I don't think I'll ever get her to go to another one. She loves everything about her visits to Scotland, but she declared the Ranges game as the "most boring thing she had ever done in her life". It was a far better review than her dad would have given that game.

Mines was the away loss to QoS . Super Ally being interviewed after the defeat by rabid rhat Guidi asking him “are you feeling tearful Ally , do you feel like crying “?
The rhebel media were in full flow at this point and i nearly threw my beer at the tv when Guidi asked Ally that . Super batted it away easily though .

Failing to beat Motherwell in the play off knowing we had to wait another year before getting back in to the Premier League.

Ramsdens cup for me.

Motherwell yes was annoying at the time but looking back now I think it may have been a blessing in disguise.

We were not ready to go up and going up through the play offs wouldn’t have been great, I think we would have had a mid table finish

Warburton coming in off the back of that and the transformation that happened, winning the league in style etc and getting to Scottish cup final was much better

Mines was the away loss to QoS . Super Ally being interviewed after the defeat by rabid rhat Guidi asking him “are you feeling tearful Ally , do you feel like crying “?
The rhebel media were in full flow at this point and i nearly threw my beer at the tv when Guidi asked Ally that . Super batted it away easily though .
He should have done a Jim McLean on the prick.

Gotta take the lows with the highs. It’s been a tough decade or so being a Ger. Wouldn’t change it though. Made me love the club even more than I did. The highs of the last few seasons outweigh all the lows from the lower leagues for me anyway!

Reading everyone's experiences who followed Rangers round Scotland during those years just makes you feel proud of the amazing support and loyalty of all the bears and bearettes.
I remember even my Mum who doesn't follow football saying it looks like there are people out there trying to destroy the Club and how unfairly we were being treated. She was right.

Raith at Easter Rd. The singular most inept managerial performance I've ever seen, and hopefully ever will.

Topped off with a karaoke.

I had some kind of mental breakdown that night.

Although Motherwell was a horrible 2 legged afair. I do feel that it was a blessing. If we would have gone up we woukd have got seriously embarrassed. Could have arguably been a relegation candidate.

Off field stuff aside…

14/15 as a whole. Gave up my season ticket due to the boycott, knew we weren’t going to get promoted with McCoist in charge and Hearts and Hibs in the league and had to watch us regularly humiliate ourselves from the outside.

Apart from the opening day I didn’t set foot in Ibrox again until April when we played Hearts again and felt like we were getting our Club back.

Then there was 15/16, full of optimism, free flowing football, Rangers men at the helm and a new seat where I still am today.

Another one for me was getting put out the Scottish Cup by Raith Rovers at Ibrox in a 2-1 defeat in February 2015. This was at the height of the boycotts, I watched on the TV and just felt no emotion at all and felt so detached. Lucky if there was 10,000 there and it was when Ashley gave us the Newcastle 5. Couldn't see a way back for us. Luckily a month later, the Three Bears came along.

Motherwell away in the play off. Diddy Clubs fans taking the piss for about 20 minutes singing Twist and Shout and then invading the Park

Didn't attend many away games during those years but the Forfar game mentioned in the OP was one that I was at.
Absolutely woeful. The reaction to the players at the end was poisness.
Big Marvin came up to our end and got (as expected) a great response.
I remember thinking this guy helped give me one of my greatest ever moments supporting Rangers and now he's knocking us out of a cup with Forfar Fùckin Athletic, and all in the space of 8 years in a period which we also reached a European final.
I prepared myself for worse to come and boy did worse come.

April 2014.

6th Lost to Raith Rovers at Easter road.
12th utterly battered by Dundee United at Ibrox.
22nd I left at 70 mins when Ayr equalised at Ibrox.

we felt miles away from what I thought we would be and knew we’d struggle in the championship the next season. It was all coming out just how fucked we were in the board room too. Genuinely thought it might have been over for us.

Losing to Annan at Ibrox. Thousands slunked out the stadium in silence.

McCoist refusing to resign despite the various horrific displays and turning the club into an absolute laughing stock then sitting back in his garden for six months pocketing hundreds of thousands of pounds as reward for abject failure when the club was on its knees.

People often get enraged if you dare to highlight it but I've never felt the same about him since then.

I have to split McCoist the player from the manager

At that time, he was as much at the trough as the rest of them.

There were a few ridiculous points in the 2 years before this when the novelty factor had worn off, but the 18th of March 2016 sticks in my mind.

That was the night we were 2-1 up against Falkirk and they scored twice in 12 mins to beat us 3-2.

I was on a date with a bird and there was a deviant sitting next to us celebrating when it went 2-2. When it went 3-2, he was on top of the table shouting “poor wee sevco. That’s what you get when you tax cheat”. I’m never usually a mentalist even with a drink in me, but I got up and booted the table he was dancing on, resulting on him landing on the floor.

Needless to say the bird from tinder had her jacket on and left in disgust by the time I had got back to my seat.

100% the AGM in the tent. There was a point when I wondered how the f*ck we'd get rid of those c*nts. With them there we were never winning another thing on the park.
Signing Ian Black also up there for me.
Any of the defeats in the lower leagues really. Raith Rovers Final. Motherwell in the play-offs, although I did quickly think it was a good chance for us to rebuild and it ended up being that.

2-0 up at Alloa with 20 minutes to go at Alloa, scottish challenge Cup, december 3rd 2014

Those last 20 minutes were the lowest for me as we contrieved to lose 3-2

There were posters on here who defended McCoist's insanity of running a 31-year-old Jon Daly into the ground as if he was Luka Modric.

Everything about it was tinpot and depressing with not a single redeeming element. One that sitcks out is getting ragdolled 3-0 up at Tannadice. The gulf in quality that day between the two teams was wild.
Yeah I remember that game, a fans boycott, them scoring first in under 30 secs and 2 red cards. Brutal.

The obvious ones are the Ramsden's final at Easter Road (great day out spoiled by the football), defeat from the jaws of victoty at Alloa and losing to Annan at Ibrox.

Then there are others that I had absolutely no recollection of. Raith beat us at Ibrox in the cup in 2015 - popped up in my Facebook feed last night. Genuinely had no idea it had happened. That's how fucked up that time was :oops:

Seville was/ is a sore one but it's a billion miles away from those times.

the first season was spectacularly awful

only winning half of the first 6 games
then we go to bottom side Stirling Albion, whose manager was absent due to his own wedding and we lose 1-0 - Rangers having a win percentage under 50% after 7 Div 3 games

later losing at home to Annan (being two down at one point) and then blowing a lead to Peterhead

add in drawing at home to Montrose, Elgin and Stirling Albion
in fact we only took 5 points from a possible 12 from Stirling Albion

that season should've seen Ally replaced had we had competent custodians

Not a game as such but remember we played dumbarton at home around new year in 2015. Sat in a half empty Grapes before the game with no enthusiasm whatsoever to actually go the game. We won 3-1 and got played off the park by Dumbarton until Dean Shiels scored a late 3rd. We were absolutely dreadful and players blowing out their arses after 30 mins was an embarrassment. Even after that win i walked back to the grapes stunned as to how bad we were.

Back