What was your lowest point on "The Journey" back up the Leagues

For me was losing 2-1 (aet) away to Forfar in the League Cup 1st Round on 3rd August 2013 at the start of the 13/14 season.

A horrible performance and result, coupled with no end in sight to the off field turmoil.

I really wondered at that time if we would ever get back to winning the Premiership again.

Not winning promotion back to the premier league at first time of asking.

However the whole “journey” and the pretend mantra “this is fun” was just horrific.

Some great days out but the football was dire.

The Traynor v McCoist interview on RTV.

McCoist comes out of it looking horrendously but it's beyond the pale that the spivs running the show allowed their PR guy to humiliate the club's manager on the official club channel

The period around the Ramsdens final, the 0-4 against Hibs, Llambias & Leach and McDowell being caretaker was absolutely grim. We were being sucked dry and primed for Admin 2. The absolute worst of times.

Berwick away, Sandaza’s debut maybe?

Necked a bottle of 20/20 and a few cans on the bus down, absolutely pished. Proceeded to get to the gate, realise I’d left my ticket on the bus, had to run half a mile on a roasting hot day to the industrial estate where they were parked and then fell in a pothole running back - more of a personal embarrassment instead of a low point.

For me was losing 2-1 (aet) away to Forfar in the League Cup 1st Round on 3rd August 2013 at the start of the 13/14 season.

A horrible performance and result, coupled with no end in sight to the off field turmoil.

I really wondered at that time if we would ever get back to winning the Premiership again.
Them winning the league against us beating us 5-0

Not winning promotion back to the premier league at first time of asking.

However the whole “journey” and the pretend mantra “this is fun” was just horrific.

Some great days out but the football was dire.
I just try and remember the away days and blank the rest of it.

Some fucking excellent trips.

Of all the games I was at , annan athletic 1-2 at home was so embarrassing and predictable - I ended up laughing in shock , think I was about the only one left in the govan east corner at ft

As for games I wasn’t at , Cowdenbeath , 2-0 up and lost 3-2 , Steve simonsen should never have been signed

It was that day. I thought we were done.

Check the related content.
This was the one for me too.
Went over to Ibrox for the protest.
Left just before kick off.
Had tears in my eyes heading home as I just felt it was never going to be our club again.

Getting horsed 5-0, 4-0, 4-1 etc. off Celtic when those scores actually flattered us.

Combined with the actions of the likes of Brown, Griffiths and Lustig.

It felt like we were still 10 years away from them, even though in reality it only took Steven Gerrard and 3 years (thank God!).

Getting beat at Stirling was one of them, their manager wasn't even there as he'd taken the day off to get married!
Was just gonna post that ……just about summed up the shambles that we were .
My mate Had been arguing with me for years (me reckoning the manager was very important in football an Mourhino and the likes can get the best out of players / him reckoning the manager is irrelevant , tbf he does it for a pub argument ) ……… I couldn’t win my argument after that !

Getting horsed 5-0, 4-0, 4-1 etc. off Celtic when those scores actually flattered us.

Combined with the actions of the likes of Brown, Griffiths and Lustig.

It felt like we were still 10 years away from them, even though in reality it only took Steven Gerrard and 3 years (thank God!).
2 and a half years mate. He technically only lost one title to Celtic.;)

The whole “journey” went as predicted. Turgid dog shit football and even worse going on behind the scenes. To think people thought Charles Green was great because did a funny Christmas poem and handed out cups of tea to the ticket queue.

That time was hard enough but to have health problems at the same time it felt 100 times worse. But it’s in the past forgotten and not to be remembered. Good times out way those times. Made us realise how much the club meant and showed our enemies up for what they are. I will never forgive them.

In Rome for a few days with the missus. Desperately trying to find a boozer to watch the Ramsdens cup final. Eventually find some dingy downstairs basement boozer that has it. Beautiful sunny day outside could have been taking in the Spanish Steps or the Trevi fountain but no. Raith Rovers clinch it the dying minutes of extra time. Day ruined for everyone. Didn’t get much lower than that.

I haven't read all 7 pages. . .I can't. skipped after page 1. Some truly horrific moments. For me though, rock bottom came in the game against them at Ibrox in March '18. We lead twice and played against 10 men for the last half hour.

Now, don't get me wrong, as an individual game, you can't compare this to losing to Annan or a host of other humiliations. This was about the realisation that the previous 5 seasons had been wasted on assembling a group of has beens and never will be's, who had no fight or idea of how to beat them. We had no manager. We needed root and branch change to build a team capable of winning a league. This was going to take years. At that point, I feared it wouldn't happen in my lifetime. That moment of abject fear, for me, was rock bottom.

FBS

Friday night game against Airdrie we won but scrapped it. At the time I remember thinking this is going to be a long journey back.

Being beaten by Stirling Albion, although from the outset our first game back a draw. They tried to strangle us, we came through it, We’re back and they still hate us, We are the Establishment, They are the Peasants and always Will Be, we’ll have our highs and lows, but WE are the Rangers/People!

There was a couple of Forfar away games I remember just being absolutely awful.

The 2-1 defeat in particular, they had Marvin Andrews, there was high winds making the ball hold up but for some reason our only tactic was to just constantly lump high balls for big Marv to comfortably head away.

Our line up that day is grim reading, I look back now and can't believe I never once lost interest and seen every game.

RANGERS: Gallacher; Hegarty, McCulloch, Faure, Wallace; Black; Mitchell (Aird 46), Crawford, Macleod (McAusland 74), Templeton (McKay 99); Little.

SUBS: A Smith, Gasparotto.

The Raith Rovers defeat in the Challenge Cup and the aftermath.

Was it David Templeton’s partner who had the instagram video up that night showing the players at a party and Ally singing karaoke?

The day that filthy rat Iain Black was announced as a Rangers player. Still annoys me to this day that the scum bag had the privilege to pull on our famous colours.
was working part time as a decorator when at Hearts, story we paid him £4k a week, hard to believe that. We didn`t half sign some sh*te during those years. Little choice though. Didn`t we also get an 18 month signing ban so could only sign frees or am I getting mixed up?

The Traynor v McCoist interview on RTV.

McCoist comes out of it looking horrendously but it's beyond the pale that the spivs running the show allowed their PR guy to humiliate the club's manager on the official club channel
Genuinely can’t remember that…..must have subconsciously blocked it from memory

so many I`ve blanked them out of my memory!

There’s too many lows to recount I’d rather forget the whole debacle but when we did return the hammerings we took at the hands of the scum were pretty humiliating to say the least.

Semi final against Alloa always springs to mind. It was a brutal day as it was before kick off. My old man passed away in hospital about 5 o’clock and then we get beat to top off an already shite day.

Losing the petrol station Cup, or whatever it was called.

Was home from Canada went to the league cup semi Motherwell beat us 2-0 thought we were so bad could be heading back down the leagues Pedro Peña and crew it was frigging depressing.

The day of Ashley ‘has his tanks parked on the lawn’.
I really feared the fat slug would get control, and that the ground would be put up as collateral for his crappy loans.
I knew there were some legal safeguards in place, but I did not trust anybody at that time and was half expecting Fatso to find a way around the restrictions by using placemen.

The Ramsdens Cup final 2014 at Easter Road.

Humiliating!!
Yep. This for me.

I was in the BA lounge and just couldn't believe it at the time.

Shout out to.

Nick Law taking the ball into the corner on the 90th minute against Stranraer at Ibrox. Ten seconds later it was 1-1.

And any of the pumpings by that Mhob.

The night the media broke we were officially liquidated. I was living with my partners family at the time, the brother a rhabid - I was utterly shocked and lost a little hope in humanity watching the manks gleefully dance over our alleged grave. That’s when I saw the real hatred for the first time.

The actual matches, yeah they were hard to watch but I was honestly just grateful we were up and running. I found it a lot harder the 1st few seasons back with warbuton, pedro.

The night the media broke we were officially liquidated. I was living with my partners family at the time, the brother a rhabid - I was utterly shocked and lost a little hope in humanity watching the manks gleefully dance over our alleged grave. That’s when I saw the real hatred for the first time.

The actual matches, yeah they were hard to watch but I was honestly just grateful we were up and running. I found it a lot harder the 1st few seasons back with warbuton, pedro.

The holding company, not 'we'.

Also, the holding company has still not been liquidated.

For me, it wasn’t even a game, it was our CEO calling an Asian business associate a pa*i in an interview with a national newspaper.

Results on the park, sh*te or great are just that, results on the park. But off the park, I’ve always expected anyone associated with our great club to maintain a certain standard of behaviour and that was a despicable thing to say that helped those against us stamp on another finger as we were hanging on to the edge of a very tall building.

No idea what made him think it’d be a good idea to use a racial slur in an interview with a national newspaper. Absolutely unbelievably stupid, embarrassing and done nothing but help damage his and more importantly our reputation.

Fu*king idiot. As easy as it is to slag off our board now, it wasn’t that long ago that we had the likes of Charles Green and his cronies at the helm. I’ll always be grateful to Dave King for booting the spivs out.

Only positive I took from that is that if I ever get anal polyps, I know what I’ll be naming them.

Quite a few tbh.
Ramsdens Cup Final & getting beat by Motherwell in the playoffs to come back up.
Must admit big Bilel cheered me up with that punch.

Back