What was your lowest point on "The Journey" back up the Leagues

The Ramsdens cup final v Raith. To say things were heated leaving the game was an understatement. We were utterly pathetic and that was the day that even the most stubborn of McCoist’s fans snapped.

Losing at home to Annan Athletic ranks pretty high, also.
Annan for me. They’d hardly been in the league for long and were joint bottom of the league on points at the time.

So much of it, probably Ashley moving in on top of all the others sleazebags.
I began to think, that was the end of us, but some of the worst I felt was the realisation that two old pals passed on without ever knowing if we made it through.
They always believed we would, but never got to see it.
I’m sure there are plenty others with the same thoughts.

Cowdenbeath, pissing down on a miserable Wednesday night. Think we drew, but f*ck knows.

Think I got home back of two in the morning, up for work less than five hours later.

Genuinely remember thinking I'd had enough. Just a total low.
I remember that night well it I got a phone call from a girl I’d been having a casual relationship with to tell me I was going to be a dad , I went and got hammered on that trip left the game at half time and went to the boozer.

For me was losing 2-1 (aet) away to Forfar in the League Cup 1st Round on 3rd August 2013 at the start of the 13/14 season.

A horrible performance and result, coupled with no end in sight to the off field turmoil.

I really wondered at that time if we would ever get back to winning the Premiership again.
Super Ally's karaoke after the Ramsden Cup final humiliation.

My Son's first cup final with his mates. Straight home and straight up the stairs to his bed.
Then saw the footage of the loser's party from Ibrox

There are quite a few.

To name a few - the Raith final, the Motherwell play-off at Ibrox, the oversold game at Elgin which was cancelled just as I arrived up north.

Losing 1-2 at home to Annan Athletic and the winning goal was a back heeler. Really don't think it could get any worse than that.

Boycotting upset me but had to be done. That was certainly a low point.

Someone even nabbed our seats so moved after boycott stopped and actually sit with an even better bunch than before.

God how I hate the spiv bastards

I only purposefully boycotted Tannadice, but did support those on my bus/around me who done a total blanket boycott.

I didn't mind going to aways in the lower leagues, they spoke highly of us and got new pitches and facilities after we visited, but in retrospect I should have boycotted all SPL aways.

Also, in the years when everyone was "Scoring" off us off the pitch, be it deranged bloggers, shitty journos, lowly pubs pandering to Sellik, a real low point was the man given paper space to announce that he wanted to buy Rangers, name the stadium after the gay dating site he owned and change the club colours to pink.

Absolutely ridiculous,l of course, but the fact we were seen as so wounded and it was accepted we wouldn't react, shit like that was really embarrassing.

2-0 up at alloa in the ramsden cup semi final,game is dying a death in the last ten minutes bored,so I switch over to another Chanel switch back over to alba to see what the final score is and see joyful alloa players being interviewed.we had contrived to lose 3-2.off the pitch the gazebo on the pitch and a horrible feeling that my club was being taken away from me.

In a strange way while nowhere near as bad as the actual journey, this season under Gio left me with a horrible feeling since we had regressed massively since 55 which was really meant to be the end of the banter years. I had a bad feeling there would be no light at the end of the tunnel for a few more seasons and by the time we got a proper grip of ourselves the peasants could have equalled 55 or whatever.

Sitting at home in League 1 thinking wtf is this

Raith at Easter Road and the players having a drink back at Ibrox

Thinking easdales and Ashley were going to be there forever

Ramsdens Cup Final vs Raith Rovers was a sickener but for me the 2016 Cup Final vs Hibs was an awful experience.

Felt as though we were onto something at last and to lose with the last kick off the ball was awful. Felt like everything came undone for us that day and it was the blueprint for how to beat us the next season.

The Challenge Cup final at Easter Road.

A terrible performance.
One thing was worse than that terrible performance

The same players partying and enjoying themselves without a care in the world right after the game

Ramsdens final was up there. My wee fella was 7 and his first final. But i'm plumping for drawing 1 all with Stranraer one boxing day at Ibrox. Stranraer deserved all 3 points too. Baltic, dreadful perfprmance and the part timers looking a fitter, stronger side.

Cowdenbeath, pissing down on a miserable Wednesday night. Think we drew, but f*ck knows.

Think I got home back of two in the morning, up for work less than five hours later.

Genuinely remember thinking I'd had enough. Just a total low.
we won 3-0

Alloa 3-2 challenge cup semi was bad

Celtic 2-0 Rangers scottish league cup semi 14/15 - that could of been 9 10 11 to celtic.

my worst 2

In a strange way while nowhere near as bad as the actual journey, this season under Gio left me with a horrible feeling since we had regressed massively since 55 which was really meant to be the end of the banter years. I had a bad feeling there would be no light at the end of the tunnel for a few more seasons and by the time we got a proper grip of ourselves the peasants could have equalled 55 or whatever.
As bad as it's been, we were in the CL (yes, I know we got pumped silly). But lightyears away from the misery of 2012. We're still in contention for 2 cups, and a few good signings away from being champions again next season.

Not the lowest but still grim.

A 1-1 home draw with Elgin who played the 2nd half with 10 men after a red card when we were 1 up.

Raith Rovers at Easter Road and any defeat ......... motherwell playoff games is worth a mention

Losing a two goal lead at Alloa in the Ramsden Cup semi final in December 2014 in the final days of the McCoist era.

That season as a whole was genuinely the worst time of my life supporting us. There just didn't seem to be any way out of where we were and the spivs were running riot. I was convinced we were heading to be a feeder club for Newcastle reserves.

This for me, as well.

Horrific season.

Sitting at a baltic Ibrox watching us getting horsed by Annan.

Queued for a pie at HT, took 20 minutes to get to the hatch only to be told they had sold out - returned to seat and realised Annan had scored twice.

Bleak.

The football was grim as f88k but the lowest points for me were always the off field things.

Seeing the photo of the AGM tent on the pitch and having vermin like Derek Lambias coming in to run the club was the point where i just thought 'we're totally f88ked'.

Still feels horrible thinking back to that time.

Are some people brainless? This journey shite and such threads are a timmy wank fest.
Its in the past let it be.

As HMTQ used to say; "Some recollections may vary."

Celtic fans may need to be reminded that during our first season in the bottom tier we set a world record attendance for that league level. In the same season they could only muster up a pathetic 2,500 away to St Mirren.

And so it continued with us having a near full stadium throughout our journey up the leagues, while they were not onlly closing stands but also fiddling attendance figures to include the thousands of empty seats.

It was absolute proof for once and for all, that they needed us far more than we needed them. In fact I would suggest that we have never needed them at all.

Not then. Not now. Not ever.

Probably Peterhead away, first league game of the banter years. Celebrated a late equaliser and thought why the hell am I even celebrating.

Echoing many on this thread, the Ramsdens Cup Final against Raith Rovers at Easter Road - was seriously considering not going back that night
Then to find out that McCoist and the players had a f@cking karaoke night at Ibrox after it :mad:

Have to say my recollection of the lower leagues is a bit of a blur at times. (Probably a good thing) I was 10 when we got put down. For me the bleakest moment was losing 3-2 to Alloa. I hated going to Alloa in general. Feel like everytime we went it either pished it down or snowed maybe thats just my memory though :D

Away to Stirling sticks in my mind think we got beat 1-0?

Mind a home game against Stenhousemuir we were getting beat and ended up drawing 3-3?

I remember when it got announced we were being demoted - I had just landed in Thailand and was having a few drinks. Couldn’t believe it - then started getting all the texts from the other side. Totally ruined the first few days into a holiday I was so low. I genuinely thought that was it.

The Raith final hurt as did the Hibs final. Feels like we couldn’t catch a break.

Motherwell play off final was a complete embarrassment.

Having the AGM in a tent , Progress beating us.

I’m sure there was a training session that got leaked and they were firing balls at Ally’s arse. Grim

Some Journey tho - best fans in the world to stick by the team.

The night v Hearts our game got cancelled due to snow, with the protest pre-match.

I remember walking back to the District bar to catch kick off on the TV & thinking we would never get our club back.

On the pitch stuff was bad but you always have another game to look forward to. During that season I genuinely thought we were finished.

Too many to choose from in truth. For me, I guess, the play-off defeats to Motherwell. Not only did it stall the return to the top flight but they were my local team and my best mate of 50 years or so was a Motherwell season ticket holder. A week of despair ensued.
I genuinely dread to think how we’d have fared if we had gone up that season. Bottom 6 and some serious humiliations would’ve been on the cards.

In the long run, that extra season in the Championship helped get some sort of squad together.

yes the Motherwell debacle

But the Stupid cup final at Easter Rd v Raith FFS

A big party going through on the train, great day, massive support

Then absolute garbage on the pitch and a sad angry journey back

Not a low point in terms of results, but there was a league cup game v ICT in 2014/15 we won 1-0 that Ibrox was virtually empty, must’ve been 8-10k max on a very nice evening.

Just summed up how disillusioned the whole fanbase was and it felt like we hadn’t even broken the back of the journey to the top at that point.

Alloa away for me by a mile. 2-0 with 15 to go and cruising. 20 minutes later we’re walking back to the car in the pissing rain getting laughed at by fucking Alloa fans.

Walking away from a couple of the tims hammerings, Hampden and Ibrox and genuinely thinking to yourself that you couldn’t see a way back

Endured everything we did but for what seemed like no light at the end of the tunnel

Those were the worst for me

The Raith Rovers one was terrible but it wasn’t as demoralising as those Celtic games for me

Voted for the two playoff games against Motherwell, but the cup final against Hibs was almost as painful. We’d done the hard part versus the Tim’s so to collapse like that was galling

Alloa. QOTS. A story emerging that Ally was smashing footballs against players bare arses. Black, Barton, Pedro, the handstand. Hibs in the final,

Ramsden cup final v Raith Rovers at Easter Road..
The look of dejection on all the faces of our supporters on the coaches heading back west after the game will live with me.
The antics of our Manager that night was the final kick in the baws.

Losing to the Spoon Burners in the Scottish Cup Final.
Although, we were already destined to play Premiership football the next season, losing the Cup Final was a bitter pill to swallow

Back