What was your lowest point on "The Journey" back up the Leagues

Hibs final easily.

Personal moment was Montrose at Ibrox, last minute screamer from them to equalise. Full time, fans arguing and fighting with each other and just no hope ahead.

Forres away in a Scottish Cup preliminary round match. Totally surreal experience.
Local newspaper had a photo of the Rangers bench I’m standing behind it. I remember thinking WTF is this plus we were absolutely awful.

4-0 defeat at Easter Road. They were absolutely all over us, could easily have been more. McDowell absolutely clueless in the dugout. Think it was just before we were saved.

It was a post I saw on here, around late 2017, after we had just beaten some garbage like Ross County or Hamilton and Graeme Murty was right in the good books. On a thread about who our next manager should be, there was a post backing him that read "It's Murts job if he wants it."

It's Murts job if he wants it.

Murts.

If he wants it. Like he's doing us a f^cking favour. I get angry just thinking about how low our standards had slipped.

Sitting in the freezing cold Govan Rear watching Kyle Hutton slowly waddle around midfield, failing to make a single succesful pass, while we lost to Annan Athletic.

lots for me but the killer was losing to Motherwell in the playoffs though I am over it now Seville last year healed a little

Losing at home to Annan

For a number of reasons

It was no a fluke result they looked the better team they played better football than we did and even more inexcusable they were fitter than us

There were many more depressing and frankly disgusting performances but that one for some reason sticks in my mind

In contrast to my last post in this thread, I do always chuckle at the video of the high pitched gentleman in the Copland singing "Same old Alloa always CHEEET-INN"

Watching shite players like Cribari,black and Kyle wearing a Rangers jersey and not going up first time when hearts won championship.

I may have already replied on this post, but our nadir has to be the defeat to Raith in the Harry Ramsdens cup final at Easter Road. Loads of negatives that day but sitting behind the dugout and hearing the abuse that Super Ally was (justifiably) taking was simply awful. He must have heard every word

I enjoyed it, it weeded out a lot of hangers on that had no idea what following Rangers actually means.
It also taught us a bit about the rest of Scottish football and their contempt (although many forget that and line those clubs pockets now).
Got to travel to some interesting stadiums.

The low point for me, undoubtedly, was Ally’s last match as manager. No question.
That job put years on his clock, and working in circumstances I dont think anyone but those on the inner circle will ever know or understand.

I enjoyed it, it weeded out a lot of hangers on that had no idea what following Rangers actually means.
It also taught us a bit about the rest of Scottish football and their contempt (although many forget that and line those clubs pockets now).
Got to travel to some interesting stadiums.

The low point for me, undoubtedly, was Ally’s last match as manager. No question.
That job put years on his clock, and working in circumstances I dont think anyone but those on the inner circle will ever know or understand.
The difference in Super between now and his last days as manager are night and day

Moshni late header v Arbroath to get a replay in the Scottish Cup, and it was probably a foul too.

4-0 defeat in Scottish cup semi final. Never felt so low. Knew the team had no belief that day after the first 10 mins
My low point too. Poor Andy Halliday being mocked after being subbed in the 1st 45, M. O'Halloran smirking at him as he took his seat amongst the subs, the vermin tossing the ball amongst themselves when they got a 2nd pen as in who fancies a shot now, - that score could have been a lot worse than 4-0. The fallout and subsequent treatment of Miller & Wallace was a disgrace.

My low point too. Poor Andy Halliday being mocked after being subbed in the 1st 45, M. O'Halloran smirking at him as he took his seat amongst the subs, the vermin tossing the ball amongst themselves when they got a 2nd pen as in who fancies a shot now, - that score could have been a lot worse than 4-0. The fallout and subsequent treatment of Miller & Wallace was a disgrace.
Yep, was like getting the stuffing knocked out of you that day. Took me a long time to get over it.

When we lost my father and we weren’t back were we belong followed by watching us struggle to break down Raith Rovers at home couple days later.

I may have already replied on this post, but our nadir has to be the defeat to Raith in the Harry Ramsdens cup final at Easter Road. Loads of negatives that day but sitting behind the dugout and hearing the abuse that Super Ally was (justifiably) taking was simply awful. He must have heard every word
He played a team with about 8 defenders against Raith Rovers

The man is my all time hero but what was he thinking?

Home game with Kenny McDowell as stand in looking like he would rather be anywhere else than in charge of Rangers.

That was so low I’ve forgotten who it was against and the score. I’m half hoping I dreamt it.

With no one looking out for us and the corporate pillaging in full swing it seemed like it was only heading one way.

Thank the lord for the three bears.

When McDowall took over and he basically admitted he didn't really want to be doing the job. That was genuinely the lowest point I've ever felt as a Rangers fan.

I think the 3 Bears and King weren't quite on the scene yet and everything just looked grim at that stage.

The Raith final for me. I have no memory of getting beat by Annan or Stirling Albion.

In terms of anger - Michael O’Halloran. I knew it would turn out the way it did. I have never hated any player for any club as much as I detest that bastard, and still do.

The day that filthy rat Iain Black was announced as a Rangers player. Still annoys me to this day that the scum bag had the privilege to pull on our famous colours.
I came on to post this. Thought someone may have beat me to it. Only took 5 posts

Season 2013-14 I felt was particularly bleak. We were undefeated in the league but lost the Ramsden’s Cup final and a week later were battered by Dundee United in a semi final. OP pretty much nails it that the Forfar game was a sign of things to come that year. The lowest point for me was Albion Rovers in the cup. I didn’t attend another home game that season after that.

When McDowall took over and he basically admitted he didn't really want to be doing the job. That was genuinely the lowest point I've ever felt as a Rangers fan.

I think the 3 Bears and King weren't quite on the scene yet and everything just looked grim at that stage.
We were often told of how fortunate we were to have Kenny McDowal as a coach. I could never understand it then and even more baffled by it today. The fact that no club have bothered to offer him a coaching role tells you all you need to know.

We were often told of how fortunate we were to have Kenny McDowal as a coach. I could never understand it then and even more baffled by it today. The fact that no club have bothered to offer him a coaching role tells you all you need to know.
The guy looked terrified & completely out of his depth.

When McCall and Kenny Black took over neither of them could believe just how bad the fitness levels of the players were.

By the end of that season we were blowing out our arses in the play-offs bar one game.

Losing a two goal lead at Alloa in the Ramsden Cup semi final in December 2014 in the final days of the McCoist era.

That season as a whole was genuinely the worst time of my life supporting us. There just didn't seem to be any way out of where we were and the spivs were running riot. I was convinced we were heading to be a feeder club for Newcastle reserves.
the night lewis mcleods career went downwards

That Alloa comeback, watched it on the Alba channel, after the third goal went in I've rarely felt utter dejection like it, that changed to absolute rage when the camera showed the bus brothers sitting in the stand and I swear they were smirking.
Joined Rangers First before the game ended after seeing them.

3, losing to Motherwell in the play offs.

Losing to Hivers in 2016 final.

Losing to Raith in the final at Fester road.

Back