What we need now is a lengthy Traynor statement.

We are clearly not on a level playing field and this must be addressed. Why is it only Rangers players get punished for this and this has happened countless times from Celtic players to us??

Not sure if serious.

I’ve just logged on FFS.

We need more protection from the ref for these horror tackles our players are on the receiving end of??

Our players seeing red cards whilst other teams get cautioned??

The negative bias in the media around Gerrard’s contract??

You can let me know when you get a chance.

That will sort things.

Seriously, get the manager out now. Speaking calmly and from a position of strength. He is the strongest voice we have. We need to use him to advance our point.
Better chance of my teeth growing back in.
What does he actually do, for the benefit of his wages for the club????

Don't even need a statement

Club should just post a list of pictures of teams giving us GIRUY gestures after scoring - and receiving no cards for

Then after that list the Halliday and Alfredo gestures

Let's play spot the difference

Why long winded?

Concise, factual bullet points would be more effective.

Damning and right in the jugular if we do put anything out.

All we're looking for is consistency, it was offensive and he should have celebrated with our own fans but they had been giving him abuse all day and were also guilty of throwing objects at him. What's the difference when a player scores at Ibrox and does the same, have never seen anyone cautioned.

The only statement he should give is "I resign. I've been taking money for nothing since I arrived."
What does he do, what's his brief, how do you know he is doing nothing, he works for the club, I presume he does what the club tell him to do. Given the length of time he has been there once again I presume the board are happy with his contribution. Maybe you have inside information, I'd say you must have given your statement above.

Can hardly say anything when our manager has “no complaints”

I mean we should have had a stonewall penalty, they should have had one straight red card at least, we get told to “grow up and don’t dish it out if you can’t take it” when it happens to us

This will never change as long as we continue to have “no complaints”

What does he do, what's his brief, how do you know he is doing nothing, he works for the club, I presume he does what the club tell him to do. Given the length of time he has been there once again I presume the board are happy with his contribution. Maybe you have inside information, I'd say you must have given your statement above.
Aye, that's some defence, right enough. Our reputation management is embarrassingly pathetic but because the guy with more media experience than the rest put together is not seen to to be doing anything he's playing a blinder?
You'd fit in well with with Traynor hiding behind the curtains "Sshh, just keep the heid down and take the money".

Ok, what does he do to defend the Rangers brand?

It was the right decision. Blame Morelos if you want a rant
Not going to argue if it was correct or not but if it is correct for Morelos then please tell me why it doesn’t apply to others.
Remembering others who done it against Rangers were investigated by the authorities and found to have done nothing worthy of punishment. I think that is the argument here mate.

I was involved in press and PR for 30 years.
If I was in charge of Rangers Comms this is what I would say today........
If players are to be booked for celebrating, then there should be consistency.
Later this evening we will broadcast on Rangers TV instances of other players making similar gestures to opposing fans after scoring away from home.
We will then ask a panel of top professional referees from England to compare and contrast the Morelos booking and give their honest verdict on what action, if any, should have been taken in each case.

Last edited:
Statements are pointless. Far too easy to either ignore or ridicule.

We should be using the press and media to our advantage. Use relationships we have with journalists (and we should have them) to get the message out about decisions we're p*ssed off about and patterns around officiating that we think are unjust.

People do realise that Jim Traynor hasn't worked for the club since 2013? Yes?
Why do you come out with absolute shite like this? It's the standard I'd expect Traynor to come out with.
The crux of this isn't whether he's an employee or a contractor or a freelance or a mercenary.
He gets paid for not working for the club, that's the issue.

I won’t lie, the thread title had me laughing my tits off. I don’t think one of Traynors standard letters will make a blind bit of difference. We need something from someone with balls.

Why do you come out with absolute shite like this? It's the standard I'd expect Traynor to come out with.
The crux of this isn't whether he's an employee or a contractor or a freelance or a mercenary.
He gets paid for not working for the club, that's the issue.

If he was an employee then he would be issuing statements all the time, because that's what his salary would cover. As it stands, the club probably has to request him to issue a statement on their behalf, and then pay for his time doing it. You think he just sits there pinging off free statements on our behalf?

If he was an employee then he would be issuing statements all the time, because that's what his salary would cover. As it stands, the club probably has to request him to issue a statement on their behalf, and then pay for his time doing it. You think he just sits there pinging off free statements on our behalf?

No, nothing like that. I think he does phuk all and is very well rewarded for it.

He runs a PR company who do work for us. Point is, he is not employed directly by the club.
Got you. At the end of the day he obviously does what he’s required to do by the club. I remember it was unanimously agreed that the quality of our media output was far superior after he started working or doing work for us. Today’s moaning appears to come from Gerrard not saying the words some people wanted him to after a blatant yellow card. I suppose there needs to be something or nothing to be angry about.

Aye, that's some defence, right enough. Our reputation management is embarrassingly pathetic but because the guy with more media experience than the rest put together is not seen to to be doing anything he's playing a blinder?
You'd fit in well with with Traynor hiding behind the curtains "Sshh, just keep the heid down and take the money".
you still have not told me what he does, now stop talking pish and tell me what his duties at rangers are

If he doesn't do anything, he doesn't get paid, which is kind of the point.
CC that is not true mate. JT is on a retainer at Rangers. His intention was to leave at the end of last season and the club asked him to stay until the end of this season.
I am well aware he also offers the club other stuff through his PR agency but that is separate.

You do realise that your talking nonsense. James Traynor will be leaving Rangers at the end of this season.

Go to post 4.

CC that is not true mate. JT is on a retainer at Rangers. His intention was to leave at the end of last season and the club asked him to stay until the end of this season.
I am well aware he also offers the club other stuff through his PR agency but that is separate.

I don't know the ins and outs of his company's deal with Rangers i.e. what is paid for up front and what is paid for as 'extra'.

Point is, people seem to think he's still employed by the club in his old Director of Communications role. People calling for him to resign ffs!

He only does what the club ask him to do. If he's not issuing statements about refereeing standards then it's because the club haven't asked him to.

you still have not told me what he does, now stop talking pish and tell me what his duties at rangers are
I'll try another way for you.
I want him out of Ibrox because I see no evidence of an adequate contribution from him in his area of expertise.
You think he should stay because you see no evidence of a contribution from him.
Convince me why our club, or any professional organisation, should do what you advocate.

I don't know the ins and outs of his deal with Rangers, what is paid for up front and what is paid for as 'extra'.

Point is, people seem to think he's still employed by the club in his old Director of Communications role. People calling for him to resign ffs!

He only does what the club ask him to do. If he's not issuing statements about refereeing standards then it's because the club haven't asked him to.
No he is no longer DOC mate you are correct with that but he is still in the employ of the club at the moment. As I said previously he will definitely be leaving at the end of season.
Like yourself mate I won’t go into it but there are also other things aside of PR where he helped the club out. Which was prob just as well because his PR is awful.

Back