What Will Be the Next Big Change in Football?

It is bud but I think it needs to be much higher, especially given the fitness, sports science and the money paid by fans and tv subscribers to players.

If the issue is that the ball is in play 57 mins and it’s not long enough, making it 60 mins is neither here nor there. Should be 80 mins.
Imagine our injuries if we had 80 mins of constant play , bad enough just now

I’d love to see the amount of subs on the bench being higher than it is. Like in world cups when the full squad are together in and around the dugout. I think then a lot more young players would get a chance cos if we were 3/4 nil up we could bring a couple on. Instead we need to name a strong bench made up mostly of senior pros and only the odd youngster. Not a major change but something to consider , don’t really see a downside to it. Sure they do this in Italy still , 12 subs allowed to be named on the bench.

The next big change is on its way.

Champions lesgue games on a Saturday and thst weeks league game moved to the midweek.

It's happening.

Having to stand back 10 yards at a free kick instead of the current 6 yards.
...and players not standing over the ball to block a quick free kick. I'm pretty sure the laws state that's a yellow card?? Should make it like rugby, if the opponent doesn't immediately retreat 10 yards, the ref can move the free kick 10 yards forward. Did they trial this in the EPL one year??

Harsher FFP rules to stop teams like Man City/Chelsea/Liverpool using billionaire owners money to buy success.
There is zero correlation between how Liverpool are run, compared to the other two. Liverpool are where they are in spite of their owners in the EPL era. City and Chelsea are where they are solely because of them.

Would love to see the rugby way adopted with the refs. Hate the way players constantly surround the ref's should be Captain only, I would give instant yellows to any player trying that.

Sin bin for a second yellow is a good shout.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the arse fall out from the EPL I don't want much really

I think it’s only a mater of time before everyone just gets sick of seeing the same old teams in the latter stages of the CL. Even their own clubs fans won’t care about it as much after having won it countless times. I’m not interested in watching AC Milan and Barcelona in the final, or Real Madrid and Liverpool, year after year after year.

The only way to change that would be to have a cap on the amount football players can be paid.

The match will actually be referee’d by computer software that’s linked to an official in the pitch. It will be this software, that is instantly reviewing footage from all available camera angles, that will determine all fouls, off-sides, cards, goals etc.

Back