What would ‘severe consequences from us be’?

rayrangers

As per the club statement what is our nuclear option? Think even withdrawing from the Scottish club or taking no tickets would be enough?

I would hope we are speaking to the English FA regarding a possible move.
It might be a more attractive prospect for them just now given everything that’s going on especially if some clubs go bust down there.
Nothing ventured nothing gained, it’s worth asking

I can be critical of our responses sometimes but on this occasion I'm not so sure we really have too many cards to play.

‘ Any attempts to railroad changes to existing rules or run roughshod over corporate governance will be opposed in the strongest possible terms.‘

‘The consequences of forcing through change without due care and attention will have severe consequences for the Scottish game‘

I don’t think the context of where that is said in the statement means what you think it does.

Surely the nuclear option is taking the governing body to court and accepting that means UEFA suspend Scottish clubs from their competitions.

if this is what it takes then it denies the abusers the chance to make £30m .... they started this , we should make it clear... we finish it and finish then (the SFA , spfl and the abusers) who are short of money

Legal action against the SPFL. If they are “awarded” this title it will be tainted beyond compare. They can’t really want it this way.

It will be interesting to see what the EPL do with the leagues down there. I would hope that the club sees who is voting for them getting the title. Sporting Integrity, rules should be followed however this is Scottish football and the aforementioned doesn't count for anyone except one club.

Best sanction would be to hit these clubs in the pocket. Could Livingston afford NOT to have 7k bears there possibly twice a season? That's a huge loss. Kilmarnock the same. St Johnstone? St Boo? I doubt it very much. They need our blue pound. If the club supported an away ticket boycott I would be fully behind this.

Reactions: o7o
We are not moving to England.

Celtc will be awarded the title this season.

There is absolutely, no point stressing over something you can not affect. In fact, there is no point in stressing over anything. It only causes ill, health.

It is what it is.

I refuse to be sensible

PertinentGroundedAfricancivet-size_restricted.gif

It will be interesting to see what the EPL do with the leagues down there. I would hope that the club sees who is voting for them getting the title. Sporting Integrity, rules should be followed however this is Scottish football and the aforementioned doesn't count for anyone except one club.

Best sanction would be to hit these clubs in the pocket. Could Livingston afford NOT to have 7k bears there possibly twice a season? That's a huge loss. Kilmarnock the same. St Johnstone? St Boo? I doubt it very much. They need our blue pound. If the club supported an away ticket boycott I would be fully behind this.
Best to keep it realistic, eh?

Lol.

It might be a more attractive prospect for them just now given everything that’s going on especially if some clubs go bust down there.
I like this idea but realistically we should have done this 2012

Surely the nuclear option is taking the governing body to court and accepting that means UEFA suspend Scottish clubs from their competitions.

I’d be shocked if the SPFL lawyers haven’t used the rule book ( or what’s not in it ) to ensure that The SPFL aren’t on the hook re the outcome of any vote.

In what world is another tedious climb from the lower divisions desirable?

It would set us back years financially too, we'd become Leeds 2.0

Best to keep it realistic, eh?

Lol.

I think there will be a bit more bite with the board going forward. They know how mental we as a support will go if we aren't seen to be fighting this. I think we will legally challenge the decision via CAS and find out about the stance UEFA is displaying. In fairness you are probably correct in saying that the club and support wouldn't call/adhere to a boycott sadly.

We coped without euro money for a few years and with the theiving spivs in charge also, if Rangers did this I for one fully support having no euro games if it meant that the other teams especially the mentally challengeds suffered

Hello English league, can we join? No. OK, worth a try.
If England could invite other clubs to join, PSG, Ajax as an example would be invited before us. It's all to do with potential TV audience, not size of home attendance.

I think the club are in a no win situation at the moment. The beggars will be given the title no matter what we want! I would like to see all supporters clubs tell the club that we won’t be accepting any away tickets for next season though.

We've been well and truly shafted again. The narrative has been set from day 1 . We have nowhere to go and no action to take. Not taking away tickets won't work as some supporters will go no matter what.
Every day there is some ex-player or journo adding to the title story on their behalf. We have no one on our case.

Absolutely nothing imo. A sad statement but one I believe.

This voting and points per game nonsense will go ahead and the club will accept it imo.

There is absolutely, no point stressing over something you can not affect. In fact, there is no point in stressing over anything. It only causes ill, health.

It is what it is.
More Surrender than No Surrender

No away tickets take the governing body to court and UEFA will probably ban the clubs from Europe for a year or two

I am with you all the way on this, we need to get out of this cesspit and into a level playing field?

Would UEFA treat us any differently than any other Scottish club if it was us that were actually taking the legal action against SFA? Would they take a view/side or simply see it as something that shouldn't happen so every Scottish side would be banned until it's resolved?

My old Chestnut the Nuclear Weapon for us is too come out with a Statement, “For our Support NOT too take Away Tickets for those Clubs that Vote for the SCUM”. This Statement MUST a come out before a Vote, let’s see the Village Idiots Shit themselves!

take Burys place in League 2 (I know they were in league 1 but placed bottom)

It is what it is.
No surrender indeed.

It isn't what it is. It is what it is legally. If they break the rules we can take a legal stance.

Refuse tickets for all away games.. we talk about the club growing a set, its about the fans did , and boycott, cut away supporters tickets down to 200.. fill our own stadium.. let the others rot.. even cup games away from home.. let show the whole football world how fucked scottish football is ...
Id go as far as saying take away other clubs directors seats in the directors box . Give them nothing as we get nothing in return

Refuse tickets for all away games.. we talk about the club growing a set, its about the fans did , and boycott, cut away supporters tickets down to 200.. fill our own stadium.. let the others rot.. even cup games away from home.. let show the whole football world how fucked scottish football is ...
Id go as far as saying take away other clubs directors seats in the directors box . Give them nothing as we get nothing in return

Problem with this is, what incentive do a Hibs or a St Johnstone have not to just go with this plan? Doesn’t negatively affect them And is it really them doing us over? I’m not sure it is. Not in the same league as 2008 or 2012.

Like that idea

I’d love to see if we could explore a way to get into the English leagues, even starting at the very bottom. Tell the SPL to ram their league. Probably never have a better opportunity to do it as a fair few English side will go bust.

Back