What would you rather - Finish the season undefeated or win all 4 Old Firms?

Undefeated or Win the 4 Old Firms

• Undefeated

Votes: 567 52.3%
  • Win the 4 Old Firms

Votes: 518 47.7%

• Total voters

Kris1872

Official Ticketer
I know it doesn't matter how we win it as long as we win it and we would all prefer to do both but if you could choose one of the two scenarios what would it be?

Full season undefeated but draw at least one of the remaining old firm games.

Or

Win all 4 old firms this season but lose a game once the tittle is won.

I’d rather we remained undefeated, winning 3 games against the mentally challengeds and drawing once.
The other scenario of beating them 4 times and losing a meaningless game after the split is not too shabby either.

In 50 years, I think we'd still be talking about 55 regardless. Invincible 55 sounds better...

4 wins against them would be nice, but it's not been about them. It's never been about them. We have nothing to prove as we know we have the beating of them now. Would we be talking about 4 wins in a row against them in 50 years? I'd hope not... By then it will be very mundane (assuming they remain in business).

As long as come the season we lift the title i don't care. Yes it would be some going considering where we have been in the last 10 years , but winning the league will start to heal the pain we have suffered

4 Old Firm wins would give us an obvious mental head start on next season's fixtures, 5 wins on the bounce would see any new manager under intense pressure when he loses the 6th at Ibrox, which should be early rather than the farcical timing of the 1st game this season

I couldn’t care less about being undefeated, win the league that’s all.
Battering the jungles is a pleasure Il never get sick of.
Agreed.

Undefeated would be nice, but mainly just to avoid reading the clueless nonsense on here about complacency and bottle that would inevitably follow a defeat. But we get it after draws anyway!

Pumping the filth any day.

I would take a defeat against Hamilton if it meant relegating Motherwell, also if it meant skudding the mhanks 4 times in a season, that would be awesome.

Don’t really care though, I would take 8 defeats in a season, as long as it still meant winning the league .

would love to see them unbeaten, but if we win with several games in hand its possible the management team may use the opportunity to try out fringe and young players.

Undefeated is the way to rub there noses in it. They'll have placed us 4 times and at the best they may get two draws but the way Rangers are playing they wont lay a glove on us.

Honestly I just want to win the league, if either of those 2 happen or both then its just an added extra.

I want all the extra's if possible. Win the next 13 and finish with the highest points total, keep another 13 cleansheets and have the cleansheet record and lowest amount of goals conceded in a season, most wins in an SPL season. League first though then hopefully these wee things all accumulate at the end of the season to add to our repertoire for the banter years

Undefeated. I’ve heard about the magnificent achievement of saint brendan and the invincibles. An unbeaten season would put an end to that. Either would be just fine though.
the invincible thing might be small, but it is something they're still clinging to in order to try and impress how good they were.

i think it would be funny to remove that little thing from them even if it means we draw one or some of the remaining old firm games.

but would it be a great psychological boost scudding them in all remaining old firm games? probably

difficult one

I'd prefer to go undefeated if I had to choose but I'd love both, and my choice is made based on the scenario of 3 wins and a draw not 2 and 2

That's actually a very tough question. I've taken the parochial view point here and decided I want to maximise their misery.

Yeah. Great Q, OP.

I rushed in to vote OF games, but changed my mind. I don't really rate an 'undefeated season' as being all that significant, but it's a rare achievement. When was our last?

Win the league.

Get as far in Europe as we can.

Win the Scottish Cup.

That's what I want - records aren't really important for me. However we are so close to the clean sheet record that I think we will definitely beat that.

Only stay unbeaten if we drop no more points, so better than Brendas invincibles. I think this is unlikely, so win all 4 OF games for only 3rd time. Only Burns and McLeish lost all 4.

Winning the league is all that matters, but if it was a choice it would be undefeated. 4 wins is short term gain, folk barely go on about times we beat them every game that season, but an undefeated season is all about us and is something which will ensure this season is remembered forever, outside of the size this win already was.

200.gif

I’m not greedy. 55, Old Firm white wash and undefeated. A last 16 or even last 8 in Europa would be the cherry on top. The advantage is ours, we must make this year be the one that we make it ours.

Back