Whatever the question might be Hagi and Sands are not the answer.

Coisty09

Official Ticketer
Ianis may have scored tonight but both him and James Sands in the middle looked pedestrian and they were not going with runners anything like enough.
We badly missed big Joe in there.
Juninho Bacuna must not be showing up at all in training for him not to get on this evening and try and inject a bit of pace and trickery into our midfield.
We were completely dominated by Aberdeen in the second half and although it took the cheat to give them the penalty and the other scumbag to get Ryan Kent sent off, there is no hiding that we were second-best in a lot of departments

Ianis may have scored tonight but both him and James Sands in the middle looked pedestrian and they were not going with runners anything like enough.
Juninho Bacuna must not be showing up at all in training for him not to get on this evening and try and inject a bit of pace and trickery into our midfield.
We were completely dominated by Aberdeen in the second half and although it took the cheat to give them the penalty and the other scumbag to get Ryan Kent sent off, there is no hiding that we were second-best in a lot of departments

Sands was head and shoulders above Kamara.

Harsh on Sands he needs more time

Hagi is a passenger. Scored tonight yes but did f all else... off the ball he's a man down

Bacuna and Lundstram were bad signings.

Wilson needs to pull the finger out here. We need quality badly, that will be 4 windows of squad players

I honestly can't believe I'm seeing so many people write off Sands after being thrown in far too early to such a horrific game of football.

Such an idiotic opinion
We’ll see if it’s an idiotic opinion or not in time.
What I saw tonight was a bang average footballer.
Irritatingly, Lewis Ferguson and the bald tw@t were made to look like good players.

So that’s Sands written off after one game!

Sands look stunned by the pace and movement first 15mins, thought once he settled in and played some good passes he relaxed into the game. Quick to press i noticed aswell. Early days for the boy and a baptism of fire at pittodrie coming from the 10mph pace of "soccer" in America.

People writing him off already are clueless.

Disappointed in Bacuna, the warning signs were there when he signed but I did believe he’d realise the massive opportunity he had coming into a club like ours.

It hasn’t worked out under 2 different managers and the fact he couldn’t get off the bench tonight when we needed a player in similar style to Aribo says it all.

Sands getting written off already is mental. What I will say is is he's too similar to what we have already but he broke the game up well at times and was much better than Kamara.

Hagi's daft booking took him out the game early doors but still scored the goal. Bacuna gets better the less he doesn't play he's bang average and should be one we are trying to move on in this window.

Irritatingly, Lewis Ferguson and the bald tw@t were made to look like good players.
Ok I think you’ve had enough if you think Brown is a footballer.

I get tonight was a sore one but whether he's a success or not, 100% of the time it is still needless and negative to write off players after one game, especially when there's context to the performance.

It is an idiotic thing to say after 1 game. No question of that.

The whole team was poor. To pick him out of all the rest (apart from Hagi) is ridiculous.

Sands did nothing wrong tonight, I’m not going to write the boy off having been chucked into a debut at Pittodrie in what was a dreadfully scrappy affair where neither team created much.

Hagi was on the edges of things as he often is but scored a good goal.

The balance of the midfield didn’t look comfortable all evening, and it was worse when we retreated into our own box second half for whatever reason.

Sands it’s harsh to judge as he’s moved to a new league, new team, new country

Tonight the majority of our team were abysmal but I seen absolutely nothing from Sands which makes me think he’ll offer genuine competition for a midfield starting 11 spot. I suspect most likely another bench filler. Didn’t seem anything spectacular and the game very much passed him by.

I’ll give him time but I don’t see him challenging for a regular start anytime this season put it that way

Hagi offered nothing as is becoming the norm. Yes he scored but he was a man down for the full time he was on that park

We badly need a player to go into the first 11. No more bench players that may come good in 2-3 seasons. We have a £40m prize to win this league and as it stands, we have weakened our squad in this window with our outgoings / incomings

Boy flies in from USA last week and is thrown in at Pittodrie. Give him a chance ffs
Agreed as an aside I’m not sure Wright is the answer either. Great pass to Kent for the goal but to me he’s short a typical Scottish player who plays out with the us or them and struggles to make the grade.

Sands was much better than Kamara tonight and arguably our best midfielder, not that either of those things are a great accolade
Thought so too. First half Sands was fine, neat & tidy, but second half disappeared. Both were hampered by being outnumbered in midfield

Ffs. Just checked in after tonight's game. Read the first thread.

Checks out.

Hagi has been awful all season. He played in his 10 role and was rubbish again. I also don't think terrible passing and decision making is down to his position.

Sands? Very harsh. He was in to do a different role and done OK on it.

The issue is the midfield make up. You can maybe get by with Hagi if there are two great players around him. Definitely not if there is not.

Thought Sands was excellent. I reckon he's going to be one of those players who is quietly effective, he broke up play, moved across to stop balls being threaded through and when he got the chance he was able to pick out some really good passes.

Back