Whatever the question might be Hagi and Sands are not the answer.

Ianis may have scored tonight but both him and James Sands in the middle looked pedestrian and they were not going with runners anything like enough.
We badly missed big Joe in there.
Juninho Bacuna must not be showing up at all in training for him not to get on this evening and try and inject a bit of pace and trickery into our midfield.
We were completely dominated by Aberdeen in the second half and although it took the cheat to give them the penalty and the other scumbag to get Ryan Kent sent off, there is no hiding that we were second-best in a lot of departments
Hagi who scored and Sands who played his first game tonight?

Those two?

F..k me

Sands it’s harsh to judge as he’s moved to a new league, new team, new country

Tonight the majority of our team were abysmal but I seen absolutely nothing from Sands which makes me think he’ll offer genuine competition for a midfield starting 11 spot. I suspect most likely another bench filler. Didn’t seem anything spectacular and the game very much passed him by.

I’ll give him time but I don’t see him challenging for a regular start anytime this season put it that way

Hagi offered nothing as is becoming the norm. Yes he scored but he was a man down for the full time he was on that park

We badly need a player to go into the first 11. No more bench players that may come good in 2-3 seasons. We have a £40m prize to win this league and as it stands, we have weakened our squad in this window with our outgoings / incomings
We cannot afford a player like what you ask Del Boy

I don't understand why you can't understand this. It is clearly obvious since we have been living on hand out's for the last few years.

We hold on to what we have win the league, and then spend money that we actually have. Or would you rather we went back to prior 2012 and borrowed in the hope we qualify ?

Ianis may have scored tonight but both him and James Sands in the middle looked pedestrian and they were not going with runners anything like enough.
Juninho Bacuna must not be showing up at all in training for him not to get on this evening and try and inject a bit of pace and trickery into our midfield.
We were completely dominated by Aberdeen in the second half and although it took the cheat to give them the penalty and the other scumbag to get Ryan Kent sent off, there is no hiding that we were second-best in a lot of departments
Didn't want Hagi in the starting line up.
Didn't know anything about Sands. Hindsight being what it is, it was the wrong game to blood him. I won't write him off just yet.
Hagi simply won't do, but not a single player, not one justified his selection tonight.

A point gained, we deserved nothing.

We’ll see if it’s an idiotic opinion or not in time.
What I saw tonight was a bang average footballer.
Irritatingly, Lewis Ferguson and the bald tw@t were made to look like good players.
Please describe in detail a bang average footballer.

If you played in the great Barca team with Messi, Iniesta and Xavi, they would all get 10 out of 10.

This means everyone else would be average or below average on that team !

Think the point about Sands is the club know he's not good enough... yet. That's why he's in on an 18 month loan deal, to see if we can get him there by working with our vastly superior coaches.

We’ll see if it’s an idiotic opinion or not in time.
What I saw tonight was a bang average footballer.
Irritatingly, Lewis Ferguson and the bald tw@t were made to look like good players.

Scott Brown did not look like a good player tonight ffs.

What a clueless take.

F*#k me...one game the fella has had..I would hate to see your reaction if your missus served your beer a little warm. Get a grip and give the lad a chance.

Riddy of a thread. Apart from the garbage written about Sands, the OP mentions the midfield weren't tracking runners enough then advocates Bacuna!

I normally have time for your posts mate, generally pretty level and reasoned but man, that's acid trip level mental. The guys just flown across the Atlantic and has barely got off the plane, first ball he kicks in the country is a midweek January game at pittodrie. I thought he was fine for a debutant, and certainly the least of our problems. It wasn't sands fault that our supposedly "key" experienced players got involved in petty running battles and we could barely get forward into their own half until Sakala came on.

Imo neither Ferguson nor Brown looked anything like footballers I think what you may mean is they got away with I just about everything they claimed

Here we feckin go. What a load of crap. Hagi who we are about to extend his contract and sands first game and by the way wasn’t the worst on the park but guess what aren’t good enough. Night night
Hagi is the player we all love to hate - yet scored us the goal that no one else was capable of tonight.

I’d like to think Sands will get more time to be judged on than 90 minutes in a fast paced game as a new signing thrown in. The blame for the central midfield area lies on Gerrards recruitment in that area from the summer before last onwards, including the wages spent on Lundstram(isn’t actually that poor but nowhere near the type of player that suits us) and Bacuna who Gerrard never even really seemed to fancy himself. That’s before you get started on Zungu etc

Sands wasn't the problem tonight. Hagi's job as the number 10 was to create chances and he was, again, awful. Good work for the goal but their keeper should have collected it, any keeper worth their salt would have.

Still not seeing it with Hagi, at all.

Thought Sands was excellent. I reckon he's going to be one of those players who is quietly effective, he broke up play, moved across to stop balls being threaded through and when he got the chance he was able to pick out some really good passes.
None of our players were good, let alone excellent.

I mean come on, all for optimism but that’s just nonsense

We cannot afford a player like what you ask Del Boy

I don't understand why you can't understand this. It is clearly obvious since we have been living on hand out's for the last few years.

We hold on to what we have win the league, and then spend money that we actually have. Or would you rather we went back to prior 2012 and borrowed in the hope we qualify ?
We had a funding requirement of £7m for this season IIRC

We brought in £12m last week

We have several players we really should be looking to move out the door this window.

If we are unable to spend day £2m-£3m on a player then I think fans have every right to ask questions

Sands wasn't the problem tonight. Hagi's job as the number 10 was to create chances and he was, again, awful. Good work for the goal but their keeper should have collected it, any keeper worth their salt would have.

Still not seeing it with Hagi, at all.
So hagi is the problem?

It’s classic FF. A forum that only deals in extremes.

You’ll have folk writing off Sands and saying he should be dropped; then you have folk saying he was the best player and are even saying 1 interception and 1 tackle are good stats for a DM.

The reality is of course somewhere in the middle. But since when did anyone on here like taking the middle ground?

Utter tripe

If you want to blame someone try Bassey or Kamara whose passing was poor

We have several players we really should be looking to move out the door this window.

If we are unable to spend day £2m-£3m on a player then I think fans have every right to ask questions
Yea I don't think anyone outside the board and Gio know how much money we have to spend.

The manager has stated he has a budget. However much that is no one knows.

My point and yours to be fair. Is that to improve the first eleven it would need to be a substantial sum. I'm just not sure we have that available. Time will tell :)

A 'creative player' that doesn't create chances or do anything IS a problem for the team.

No idea what you mean by 'the problem'?
Ok so you have pointed out Hagi as the issue tonight as not being creative but it doesn’t matter who you have as a number 10 you will always need a decent midfield as back up.

Ok so you have pointed out Hagi as the issue tonight as not being creative but it doesn’t matter who you have as a number 10 you will always need a decent midfield as back up.
You're delibrately missing what I'm actually saying. He was one of many problems tonight, not THE problem.

Yea I don't think anyone outside the board and Gio know how much money we have to spend.

The manager has stated he has a budget. However much that is no one knows.

My point and yours to be fair. Is that to improve the first eleven it would need to be a substantial sum. I'm just not sure we have that available. Time will tell :)
Not convinced we’d need a substantial sum at all to find a first 11 player

We have scouts everywhere. We picked up Barisic for £1.5m for example.

No one is convincing me there isn’t a right winger out there in a league in the likes of Croatia, Portugal, Czech, Poland etc that we could get for £3m or less who’d be a decent addition to our 11

Get a fucking grip man. Honestly we drop points one game in what, 8 or 9 under Gio and some people go into a fucking melt down. Writing a player off after one game in Scottish football, give it a rest.

I don't know if you noticed but we are too of the league and have came through our toughest run of games only dropping two points. The Tim's won't, so chill the %^*& out.

You're delibrately missing what I'm actually saying. He was one of many problems tonight, not THE problem.
Ok i misunderstood your point but when I read back you defo are criticising Hagi’s creative side. Where I would be more prone to criticise the whole team and not single out a player.

Ok i misunderstood your point but when I read back you defo are criticising Hagi’s creative side. Where I would be more prone to criticise the whole team and not single out a player.
I am criticising Hagi's creative side.

I have criticised the whole team also.

Hope this helps.

Sands has played one game. I don’t think he should’ve been put into this one so soon but we don’t have many options. Writing him off after one game is absolutely mental.
I agree it's his first taste of this madness he showed some decent composure and passing ability. He'll need to adapt pretty quick but it's early days.

Not convinced we’d need a substantial sum at all to find a first 11 player

We have scouts everywhere. We picked up Barisic for £1.5m for example.

No one is convincing me there isn’t a right winger out there in a league in the likes of Croatia, Portugal, Czech, Poland etc that we could get for £3m or less who’d be a decent addition to our 11
I hope you are right mate. I think that type of money is more of a punt. For every Barisic there is a Grezda,

I would say we would need to spend Ryan Kent money to get a starter. but it's all about opinions.

One game for fuxx sake. One.
I am away to check the Cambridge in case you are referenced under the word moron.;)

Il go one further and say hagi is the problem everything that goes through him breaks down he’s useless

We also took it the guts of £5m a couple of months ago

I expected Lundstram Hagi and Kamara in the midfield assuming we were using 2 holders. I think the Sands inclusion was a mistake at a tough venue. The midfield simply did not work. We take the point and move on.

And they might not be available for the game against the yahoos. Going into that game with the same midfield we had tonight we could be in trouble.
Very possible, we could also spend millions on new players and they also could be found wanting. Or take the fact there are 3 further OF games not 1 and we’re only halfway through the season. Roofe, Helander back training must give even the most pessimistic fan hope for the Feb game

Glad we've written sands off after 1 game. Must be a record
I think I’ve-glossed over the written off posts thankfully but he did have a poor game. What nags me about him is I didn’t see anything physically to see him ever being a Rangers Centre Half or the mobility and technique to be out back up RB. He seems to only be a Defensive Midfielder and it’s a role he’ll need to work on

Oh ffs Sands has played one game

Made a harsh post myself right after the game out of order but I get what folk mean

We need a proper midfielder not a project someone that walks into the 11 and instantly improves us

We have needed this midfielder since Jack was injured

Sands will be fine but it’s going to take time that we don’t have there’s 30m at stake and a RW and a proper midfielder all but seals it

Insanity.
If we were not missing players this would not be the game to introduce him, to say he is not the answer after one game FFS. unbelievable.
Give the lad a chance he just got here.

That's Sands written off after one game mate? Playing football in a completely different continent for the first time and he's what, about 21? A different climate, team mates he's never played with. A style of football he's never played. And you've already decided he isn't good enough. Come on man give him a break. Sorry OP I don't need to be rude but that's an absolutely ridiculous post it really is.

Back