Whatever the question might be Hagi and Sands are not the answer.

We’ll see if it’s an idiotic opinion or not in time.
What I saw tonight was a bang average footballer.
Irritatingly, Lewis Ferguson and the bald tw@t were made to look like good players.
Whether he turns out to be a poor signing or not it's still bang out of order to be slaughtering new players after one game. Get behind your team.

I was more pissed off with the Alfie/Brown show.
Getting boring now
Sakala should of had the 2nd half at least.

Agree 100%

If alfie wants to get it up Broon, then put the ball in the net.

Unfortunately Lego has him on the end of his hook 9 times out of ten.

Alfie needs to wise up

Last edited:
Not convinced we’d need a substantial sum at all to find a first 11 player

We have scouts everywhere. We picked up Barisic for £1.5m for example.

Was Borna Scouted or were we just fortunate we drew his former club in the Uefa cup?

I was more pissed off with the Alfie/Brown show.
Getting boring now
Sakala should of had the 2nd half at least.
Correct.
He offers so much more than the sulky Alfie..
Get Salaka and Roofe up top,with Kent and Wright wide ,wiith the impressive Sands and Kamara ,*(our best player ), sitting

Ianis may have scored tonight but both him and James Sands in the middle looked pedestrian and they were not going with runners anything like enough.
We badly missed big Joe in there.
Juninho Bacuna must not be showing up at all in training for him not to get on this evening and try and inject a bit of pace and trickery into our midfield.
We were completely dominated by Aberdeen in the second half and although it took the cheat to give them the penalty and the other scumbag to get Ryan Kent sent off, there is no hiding that we were second-best in a lot of departments
Writing a player off after one game. This is the most FF thing I've ever seen.

Where do we find these zoomers who think like this?

To put Sands into perspective it’s his first game outwith an American league.

He got stuck in and was involved in the build up to our goal, made decent passes especially the one through to Kamara. All the while that mob were getting right in his face at times.

That’s not anywhere near a bad debut compared to previous signings.

Ianis may have scored tonight but both him and James Sands in the middle looked pedestrian and they were not going with runners anything like enough.
Juninho Bacuna must not be showing up at all in training for him not to get on this evening and try and inject a bit of pace and trickery into our midfield.
We were completely dominated by Aberdeen in the second half and although it took the cheat to give them the penalty and the other scumbag to get Ryan Kent sent off, there is no hiding that we were second-best in a lot of departments

Hysterical pish

I disagree. If the question is 'which two players does Coisty09 unnecessarily single out for criticism in a wild post on FF?', then Sands and Hagi is most definitely the answer.

Tough debut for Sands, he can’t be judged on that but Hagi is just awful. Goal aside, he gave the ball away every time he got it.

We’re going to struggle if that’s our midfield for the next few weeks.
Lundstram is no world beater, but he probably should've started last night. Not fair to bring a young guy in from the MLS and throw him straight in at a tough away match.

The main issue last night was sands and kamara were up against a 4 man midfield and couldn’t get a grip of the game. And some on here would only play with one proper centre mid if they had their way, clueless

We’ll see if it’s an idiotic opinion or not in time.
What I saw tonight was a bang average footballer.
Irritatingly, Lewis Ferguson and the bald tw@t were made to look like good players.

You might turn out to be right mate, but on that basis we’d have dumped McCoist and Hateley after their first few games.

Hagi's biggest error of the night was that stupid booking first couple of minutes as you know Clancy would be itching to send him off, and Hagi isn't a great tackler, gets stuck in, but gives away a fair few fouls, restricted his game.

Sands, what can you say, tough debut, wasn't terrible, wasn't brilliant. Dont know if it was the time to start him.

Kamara was a bit off the boil at times, but was covering for other 2 it seems like.

Sands was ok didn’t do much wrong and could see a lot of promise in him he will be a player for us.

Hagi apart from the goal was terrible.
The amount of people who continually stick up for him and say he’s being played out of position is unbelievable.
A good player could play anywhere across the 3 behind the striker and make a positive impact.
Played in his Favourite position last night as he has been many times before. He’s just not good enough or the League doesn’t suit him. That’s 2 years he’s had and if anything he’s getting worse.

I like what Hagi does as a football player, Sands looked a perfectly competent player on his first display.

They, and others in our side IMO, would be helped massively with another player comparable in style to Arfield who will get beyond a forward, give more numbers in the box and another player to connect with in the final third.

Kamara and Sands, to me, looked very comparable.
Hagi, has so few players actually getting ahead of him to actually be a number 10 IMO, people claim his passing is wild and erratic, it often has to be as it can be treading a needle stuff.

Don’t think Sands was that bad. Hagi, however, was again awful. Take away his goal and he did nothing except lose the ball. He’s never had a good 90 minutes. You will ger goals and assists and a few bits of magic, but over the course of 90 minutes we need more. But Gio end to think he’s playing well. The first change last night was a shocker. Forget about it being very negative, how had Hagi not been taken off.

I’m going to bet the OP didn’t even give Sands the full game, i bet he started calling him out around 60mins!!!

Embarrassing, it actually only underlines how fragile some of our supporters are at present.

I honestly can't believe I'm seeing so many people write off Sands after being thrown in far too early to such a horrific game of football.

Such an idiotic opinion
If we were basing it off last night alone then I’d want Kamara nowhere near the starting lineup again.

Thankfully football is much more than just one game, thought Sands was probably our most competent midfielder yesterday tbh. I think he’s going to be a great signing for us.

What if the question is: What player seems unable to nail down a spot in any specific position and has very poor numbers this season and who is his brand new American teammate who has played 1 game ever in a tough away ground in difficult conditions and yet is being written off already?

That question might suit the answer.

Kamara has been going through the motions for most of the season. Thank phuck Aribo has been playing like a man possessed.

Thought Sands was excellent. I reckon he's going to be one of those players who is quietly effective, he broke up play, moved across to stop balls being threaded through and when he got the chance he was able to pick out some really good passes.
I thought there were promising signs in a game where it was difficult to do well. You’re the only other person I’ve seen mention his passing. He showed a vision and ability to play really good quick forward passes. That is something I noticed in the videos I saw of him before signing and in his stats too.

The answer is: what a shite thread & thread title.

A don't even know what the question is and I don't care.

Very possible, we could also spend millions on new players and they also could be found wanting. Or take the fact there are 3 further OF games not 1 and we’re only halfway through the season. Roofe, Helander back training must give even the most pessimistic fan hope for the Feb game

Can Roofe and Helander play in midfield because that’s where the problem will be if we have the same midfield playing in the knewcamp.

The whole team was rank rotten last night. Collectively we couldn’t string 3 passes together and sat off Aberdeen. To single out 2 individuals is nonsense. Aside from goal Kent, hagi, Wright, Tav and barisic offered very little in an attacking sense. Morelos was petulant and offering very little upfront aside from one volley. Kamara offered no composure & was outfought alongside sands in the middle of the park.

Poor performance all round. Hopefully internally Gio booted them all in the balls for it.

Hagi is a luxury player , not what’s required at difficult away grounds
For the sty if all fit must be kamara Davis Arfield with jack if 100% fit in instead of Davis

Was Borna Scouted or were we just fortunate we drew his former club in the Uefa cup?
Okay, Kamara for £50k who went straight into our 11

Jack bosman straight into our first 11

Goldson £3m into our first 11

Helander £3.5m into our first 11

Here we feckin go. What a load of crap. Hagi who we are about to extend his contract and sands first game and by the way wasn’t the worst on the park but guess what aren’t good enough. Night night
Hagi hasn’t kicked his own arse all season he better get his finger out.

It's true you don't see fellow fans be like that with each other in Ibrox and rangers bars (or very rarely atleast) online makes people different / braver
Exactly. If 2 guys met in the louden and one said I don't like hagi the other guy would be like "really mate? Why not. I think he's good" on here it's "you don't like hagi, did your fat parents not educate you properly you idiot? " :))

3 of our 4 best midfielders were unavailable if you’ve forgotten mate
This is key, but I think it highlights why we should have bolstered the midfield even with Bacuna or Lundstram in there for Wright with Hagi on RHS. That was the type of game where, 99% of the time, if you win the midfield battle then you win the match.

Far too early to write off Sands but I’m very quickly running out of patience with Hagi.

Also have real concerns that Wright is starting a lot of games. Seen nothing to suggest he is anything other that an average spl player

Back