What's going on - Why have we stopped scoring goals

This bit us on the arse last week almost again today.
That second goal means we are watching far to much nervous play .

We seem to have lost a cutting edge my own thoughts are the buff is playing a different game on instructions obviously and roofe is off from .

The midfeild looks a bit lost for ideas and a touch killer instinct again playing nervous.

Strangely John Lundstrom has had his best 2 games the last 2 for us and I for one is glad he has picked up .

The defence looks like it's suffering from a lack of communication with each other and when we are not scoring they look like they are barely coping with the pressure.

A couple of times today in the last 15 mins tav was done very easily on the right and Dundee had far to many free headers today !

Overall to many things are off. It's a bit concerning because we maybe getting results but it seems if we lose a bit of luck things can soon change when your playing nervous .

A side note if Dundee put the kind of effort in against us today most weeks they would do a bit better Inc their physical game today lots of late hits on other players.
You could be forgiven if you thought you were watching the Hammer throwing segment of the Dundee Highland games, Sweeney would have got 1st place. Every beadrattler in the league is out to damage our players.

We start games at walking pace and before we know it it’s half time
We had at least four 100% chances in the first half last week, other than the goal.
I know they didn’t all result in the keeper needing to be at his best to save them but, they were chances I’d expect us to have scored from.

We scored a very good goal yesterday. We created some chances; Roofe did brilliantly in the first half with a nice piece of skill that brought a save off from their keeper. Dundee packed their defence, they also pressed us, but retained the ball, and we won the game. The points are what count.

All I was doing was giving some context of my own back to counter it.

Nothing me or him said is factually incorrect, I suppose.

Depends on your outlook at the end of the day.

You’re right.

I just think that last season was good/dominant that a lot of people now expect that every season when the reality is the start we’ve had to this season is a more “normal” start for a Rangers title winning team.

No.

But I'm (rightly) pointing out that things are not the same as this time last season. Far from it.

The post I was replying to is the perfect example of using stats to make your point for you and them not telling the full story.

I also made another point about this time last season. Go find it and you will see this time last season and this time this season are pretty uncomparable.

By the way, the point you replied to was about the number of goals we have scored, which is the point of the thread, so we actually aren't doing to differently to after 7 league games last season.

If the thread was about why are our performances not as good as last season then your point would be valid, in which case I direct you to my post about the games we had played by this stage last season.

We definitely need another winger in my opinion but it’s early in the season and we are top of the table and just need that extra bit of composure in front of goal and we will be fine and would love Ryan Jack back in the side he makes us tick.

I did pick up Alex Rae slaughtered the buff yesterday saying he did nothing untill he took a dunt !

I think he's been playing well and you forget he's playing a different game the last season and a bit !

It has been noticeable for me he's been not getting the service he needs ... To me that's a midfeild issue with the lack of good forward balls !

I did pick up Alex Rae slaughtered the buff yesterday saying he did nothing untill he took a dunt !

I think he's been playing well and you forget he's playing a different game the last season and a bit !

It has been noticeable for me he's been not getting the service he needs ... To me that's a midfeild issue with the lack of good forward balls !
There can be no excuses for Morelos yesterday bar the flick for the goal he was awful he looks like he's running in treacle at times.
The ball was played in front of him a few times and he just didn't run at all.

We seem to have lost a cutting edge my own thoughts are the buff is playing a different game on instructions obviously and roofe is off from .

The midfeild looks a bit lost for ideas and a touch killer instinct again playing nervous.

Strangely John Lundstrom has had his best 2 games the last 2 for us and I for one is glad he has picked up .

The defence looks like it's suffering from a lack of communication with each other and when we are not scoring they look like they are barely coping with the pressure.

A couple of times today in the last 15 mins tav was done very easily on the right and Dundee had far to many free headers today !

Overall to many things are off. It's a bit concerning because we maybe getting results but it seems if we lose a bit of luck things can soon change when your playing nervous .

A side note if Dundee put the kind of effort in against us today most weeks they would do a bit better Inc their physical game today lots of late hits on other players.
We managed to turn a goal machine into a different player.
I might add that it was a successful transition as Alfie does his bit.
Why didn't we keep the goal scoring machine and either buy a player to fill Alfie's new role or transition another player?

We managed to turn a goal machine into a different player.
I might add that it was a successful transition as Alfie does his bit.
Why didn't we keep the goal scoring machine and either buy a player to fill Alfie's new role or transition another player?

Morelos has never been a goal machine in the league. He has 55 league goals in 4 and a bit seasons.

His European record is sensational but his domestic record can definitely be improved upon.

12 in our first 7 vs 15 in the first 7 last year. 3 home games 4 away this season vs 4 home games and 3 away. We've also played Celtic (winning by a single goal) rather than any other SPFL side which I think probably accounts for the difference in the amount scored.

I don't think it's massively different. What is massively different is that we've conceded 5 vs 0. I'm sure our fans are just now at the stage where they're upset if we haven't won by at least 3 and the other team have actually dared score a goal in comparison to last season's exceptional form.

Fairly obvious to me,we haven’t had Kent’s pace or guile all season,get Ryan Kent fit and it’ll all fall back into place.simples.

We have scored more goals than we had at this time in the league last season.

12 in our first 7 vs 15 in the first 7 last year. 3 home games 4 away this season vs 4 home games and 3 away. We've also played Celtic (winning by a single goal) rather than any other SPFL side which I think probably accounts for the difference in the amount scored.

I don't think it's massively different. What is massively different is that we've conceded 5 vs 0. I'm sure our fans are just now at the stage where they're upset if we haven't won by at least 3 and the other team have actually dared score a goal in comparison to last season's exceptional form.
I'm sure the fans are at the stage where they're upset by the abysmal performances week in week out, you know the kind of performances that got us papped out of the champions league qualifiers.

We are the champions & the support want to see the team playing like champions

We have scored more goals than we had at this time in the league last season.
12 this year and 15 last year - Kent had scored 4 and this season 0! It's not his fault as it's a team game but the big players playing to form can make a difference.

Are we?

I can't be bothered going back to check stats to see how the games measured up.

We are giving away more chances for sure, but that could be opposition being better rather than us poorer
It certainly feels like it. It’s been brutal to watch.

And repeat we look like a team tonight with no ideas no craft in the final third !

If you don't have shots you can't score also there seems no sign of this maliase being broken home or away !

We seem to create nothing nowadays it's a hard watch. Sakala fighting for scraps all night, Roofe fighting to control the ball.

Anyone thinking Sakala has been better than Morelos is judging movement rather than purpose, Sakala looks like the first version we had of Kenny Miller, it’s something but not sure where it’s going
Aye first version of Miller without the goals.

Back