What's happened to "Respect our Players"

Themaruso

The media who were all pushing the respect our player campaign seems to have been completely forgotten about today

That bastard Spiers now at it with his latest piece in the Times.

The campaign spearheaded by the sun?

Who in the past few days outed private information about Ben Stokes from 30 years ago which nobody needed to know. Then sent a reporter to NZ to his mum and dads door to quiz them about the murder of his mums children.

Part of a campaign which on the day Fernando Ricksen loses his fight with an awful disease the press decide to highlight his lifestyle and off field behaviour?

That campaign

Hypocrisy at its best

havent seen the spiers piece but there is an absolute disgrace of a piece by Michael Grant. As its behind the pay wall I cant see the whole of it. The title gives his game away and this is on the main Times front page-
Strippers, fireworks – and sublime football: the many guises of Ricksen

and the first two paragraphs absolutely tear into him. We all knew he wasnt an angel, but why start with that, why give it so much prominence before the guy is in the ground. Respect for players? Only for some it seems.

Why, on the day he dies, did Spiers feel it necessary to call Fernando a: "troubled player".

He is all that's wrong with the world today. Ego driven attention seeking and constantly looking to be offended, whilst feeling he has a God given right to offend whomsoever he so wishes.

He is a self absorbed cünt and I detest his bile ridden bombast.

Why, on the day he dies, did Spiers feel it necessary to call Fernando a: "troubled player".

He is all that's wrong with the world today. Ego driven attention seeking and constantly looking to be offended, whilst feeling he has a God given right to offend whomsoever he so wishes.

Spiers is a fucking weapon. He's digging deeper and deeper so f,uck him and his thoughts.

That filthy little scumbag did the same when we lost Davy Cooper

I watched the video of the feynoord players laying a shirt and flowers and the fucking photographers were standing all over the shirts n scarfs laid..... i cant go over to Ibrox to pay my respect ,to be honest i couldnt forgive myself if i lost it with our press on a day of reflection. .

I watched the video of the feynoord players laying a shirt and flowers and the fucking photographers were standing all over the shirts n scarfs laid..... i cant go over to Ibrox to pay my respect ,to be honest i couldnt forgive myself if i lost it with our press on a day of reflection. .
I %^*&.ing despise everyone of those vultures. Like you Mate I would not have been able to restrain myself with them. I would have clubbed a few with their cameras.:mad:

Maybe, just maybe Speirs, Fernando's off field antics were mostly due to the early stages of the horrible disease that took his life.
But if it was just a guy having fun and letting of steam then so be it. He never hurt anyone and the money he spent was his.
Why don't you go a do some real prying into people lives, who have wrecked an untold number of young boys, now suffering adults.

Sorry i forgot! it does not suit your 19th Century Terrorist agenda.
First class Khunt of a sub-human you are.

you are right George this man is a total kunt and I took great delight in telling him this on Byres Road one fine saturday afternoon about 20 yrs ago even then he was still a kunt

It's only an issue when Broonaldo is abused.

Doesn't matter if other players are being verbally abused, kicked at, having stuff thrown at them, as long Broony isn't a target.

Back