Whats the feeling of FF are we going to court ?

DEJA BLUE

In the short term, without trying to sound in any way callous or insensitive, the one thing this horrible and tragic pandemic has given us is a time frame when things are still relatively at a standstill to get things moving legally, do you think it's still going to happen?

No. Not used we are just witnesses for someone elses legal battle.
That's the only way I can see it going. The relegated clubs are the ones with a real quarrel.

If we'd have made a strong case for getting the league restarted with chance to get into the cl, then maybe.

Going by the majority on here, null and void was the preference, which would effectively give them the cl spot.

Technically, we could put forward a case of being denied the chance to win the League with the deliberate and forced ending of the League programme, just as Hearts were denied the chance of staying up. However, the member clubs voted to end the League, and if there was to be a " winner " declared, then there must also be relegation and Hearts must be relegated. We can't have one without the other.

Last edited:
If we've been at least one step ahead the whole time... Nothing so far should have come as a surprise... Apart from maybe the scale of just how blatently corrupt the SPFL revealed themselves to be during their q+a's with themselves (or with friendly journalists and pre-planned questions)... Or from how they were canvassing not to have a paid-for independent investigation which would prove their innocence.

It looks like Hearts plan to save themselves won't work which anyone could see the whole time apart from some daft old bat. I'm hoping the only thing that's been delaying things is us waiting to see if anyone else took legal action first.

The status quo cannot continue.

Last edited:
In the short term, without trying to sound in any way callous or insensitive, the one thing this horrible and tragic pandemic has given us is a time frame when things are still relatively at a standstill to get things moving legally, do you think it's still going to happen?

We’re waiting for the SPFL & Hearts to dig further in to the mire and then we’ll sue for loss of earnings.

We know there's been some dodgy goings on. We tried to put it into the rest of the club's view. They all said meh and voted against investigating said dodgy goings on.

I don't think the dodgy goings on are quite complete yet. Once they are it will be interesting to see our next move.

In my opinion part of the game here was to get Doncaster removed. It might happen yet without us going to court.

I think we might still act to remove Doncaster, but I’ve given up hope of challenging the title. Personally, I think we took the wrong track at the start. We should have challenged the decision rather than the board. Once we started down that route it was hard to change track.

I’m bitterly disappointed, but not really angry with the board. They handled themselves well. I just think they made the wrong call. It seems we still prize acting in a dignified way despite the fact we are dealing with absolute scumbags. That’s something we need to change going forward, both off and on the field.

Technically, we could put forward a case of being denied the chance to win the League with the deliberate and forced ending of the League programme, just as Hearts were denied the chance of staying up. However, the member clubs voted to end the League, and if there was to be a " winner " declared, then there must also be relegation and Hearts must be relegated. We can't have one without the other.
Whilst I agree with you I don’t think the court can force a ‘null and void’. The most likely ruling would be that the vote is declared illegal and should be retaken. Given they will likely separate relegation from league winners in that event, I can’t see the outcome of a new vote beIng any more favourable a than the first one.

I suppose we could claim damages from potential loss of CL income but I don’t see us winning that one since it’s ifs and buts. The court would likely rule the SPFL sort it out which they would do with a vote we’d almost certainly lose.

I'm of the mind that we should take the scumbags to the cleaners.... I don't want them to get away with it. Having said that, I wouldn't want a massive legal wrangle hanging over the club heading in to next years quest for #55.

It's a diffcult one for me. I think we've made our point on Doncaster and the SPFL and I think everyone else knows that season 19/20 was a fake title and is actually null and void. Do we go for the jugular and get involved with something which will potentially distract from #55? For me #55 will be the ultimate revenge.

Whilst I agree with you I don’t think the court can force a ‘null and void’. The most likely ruling would be that the vote is declared illegal and should be retaken. Given they will likely separate relegation from league winners in that event, I can’t see the outcome of a new vote beIng any more favourable a than the first one.

I suppose we could claim damages from potential loss of CL income but I don’t see us winning that one since it’s ifs and buts. The court would likely rule the SPFL sort it out which they would do with a vote we’d almost certainly lose.

If member clubs swore under oath in Court that they were threatened by the SPFL with no money unless they voted in a certain manner to end the League season, which is extortion and intimidation, the possible outcome could well be another vote, but more importantly the removal of certain malevolent individuals at the SPFL. As for Hearts, they might have to prove the same regarding the SPFL.

If member clubs swore under oath in Court that they were threatened by the SPFL with no money unless they voted in a certain manner to end the League season, which is extortion and intimidation, the possible outcome could well be another vote, but more importantly the removal of certain malevolent individuals at the SPFL. As for Hearts, they might have to prove the same regarding the SPFL.
I totally agree, but it doesn’t change the mentally challengeds getting the title and CL money. If we could somehow force a ‘null and void’ and stall a re-vote theres a chance we might get the CL on account of our coefficient. However to do that we need to take the decision out of the hands of Scottish clubs, hence my preference to go to the ECAS. Even if you get rid of Doncaster and get a new vote, league positions are still likely to stand.

Maybe. I suspect that our case isn't particularly strong. I reckon that we'd rather one of the relegated teams did it because we think they'd have a stronger case. If they don't then it puts the club in the position of having to pursue a less than stellar legal action or having to climb down and explain to a very disappointed fan base who would undoubtedly feel angry.

If we are not going forward with any court action then fine but we should have at least commented on Lawell referring to our dossier as embarrassing. What an arrogant prck.

I don’t think we will. I think the ramifications of those looking in will weigh heavy on the clubs mind, but it shouldn’t. We’re not happy about how this has been dealt with the level of blatant corruption and we should be taking legal action if only to rid us of the likes of Doncaster et al! Legal action would expose serious mismanagement at best and corruption at worst. The Dundee vote was a stitch up, there’s no other way to see it!

Nope. We wait. They'll slip up again. Napoleon once said - 'Never interrupt your enemy whilst they are making a mistake.' As we've been witnessing in the last few weeks, they've made a complete pigs ear of this and the long term implications of it could last a long time.

The relegation and title awarding, although distasteful, is not how we win the war. In fact, I'd go as far to say, it's a battle we may not win and could cost us in the long run. We need to keep giving them the rope to hang themselves with. Us challenging the SPFL on behalf of the wee teams, is us overstepping our boundaries as a member club. By all means support those clubs but let's not get embroiled in anything legal and allow the narrative to be skewed. A portion of this forum are so desperate for blood, like us taking on the SPFL in the courts is going to unravel the grand conspiracy. It won't. Need I remind people, that they nailed Capone on tax evasion. We aren't going to get the cabal on something blatant, it will be for something banal. The club just needs to keep pointing out the hypocrisy and corruption.

Nope and the main worry is what’s going to happen next season now.

We’ve pretty much slaughtered Doncaster and co over the last few weeks but they are still in place and will make key decisions on how next season turns out.

Don’t think we particularly helped our own case by issuing statements about the season being completed only after 38 games in April then by May voting for the league to be called either.

I just feel we have been on the end of huge stitch up! From the moment our game at Ibrox was postponed they were campaigning to be given the title! When Rangers cancelled their pre match press conference on the friday those rhats still had theirs! And all we heard from their classless piece of shit manager was we deserve, need and want the title. FFS this was the start of the 2-3 week daily campaign by every current and ex filth player and pundits demanding they get the title.
Then we have the rigged vote which basically turns out Dundee’s changed vote got the SPFL and their filth masters over the line! Only in Scottish football this sort of behaviour is deemed acceptable by the clubs and did not warrant an investigation. Oh wait we had one the SPFL got Deloitte to do one without telling anyone about it! Wow you could not make this shit up.
For the life of me surely a court of law would see this corruption clear as crystal and i firmly believe we need to take this further! F.uck Covid FC and F.uck the SPFL. :mad: :mad:

I can’t see us going to court, however, just because the club hasn’t issued any more statements doesn’t mean the matter is over.

I think we will get rid of Doncaster & possibly 1 other, how long it takes is the key question for me.

I would prefer we sued the SPL board members who conspired with Dundee to change the rigged vote on 10th April

Also the board members who compiled the 100 page document that was given to the 42 clubs with a false deadline did not give them the complete potential liabilities (Sky and BT repayment) as well as stopping our counter proposed resolution to allow monies to be paid in advance for one word not being “competent”

The SPL board members lied to the clubs to get their dodgy resolution passed

Get Nelms in a court under oath re the “negotiations” he had with “big hitters” and find out who they were and what was he promised to change his vote ?

Also certain SPL or SFA board members threatened other clubs to vote Yes

Personally I see that as a police matter as the “robust conversation” can be construed as threats and intimidation

let them keep their hollow victory. Null and void would never happen, they would force a restart

We were in it to wrestle some control back from celtic. its a long game

I think our legal advice stated our case would be strengthened if other clubs also took the SPFL to court. Waiting on Hearts, reconstruction to fail?

Can you imagine the fall out from The Orcs IF and as you've already pointed out, highely unlikely chance of declaring the season Null and Void it would be hysterical imo.

Isn’t the whole point that this “vote” was under false pretences and potential bullying? One club even got to vote twice after the rules had been changed. Not exactly fair or legal, I would imagine.

I feel we are biding our time to how situation with Hearts turns out.

Embarrassing if we don't have something up our sleeves

Our invitation for Doncaster & McKenzie to be suspended, and for McLennan to explain his behaviour and comments in public remain.

Neither have been challenged, merely ignored.

It's about ending this cabal.

I think this will be our aim.

I also think we will let the Hearts situation run its course. Hearts will probably end up taking them to court which will save us the bad press the media will generate against us.

If Hearts don't go to court I think we will.

What if it has been deemed that the conduct of the SPFL executives has been criminal? Could it be that they are now being investigated by the police thus meaning the club has taken a step back meantime? Not that we trust Police Scotland to do enough to charge anyone right enough.

We’re doing the Rangers Presbyterian thing, turning the other cheek, instead of outing Liewells Henchmen.

That's the only way I can see it going. The relegated clubs are the ones with a real quarrel.

If we'd have made a strong case for getting the league restarted with chance to get into the cl, then maybe.

Going by the majority on here, null and void was the preference, which would effectively give them the cl spot.
Our quarrel is with the governance of the SPFL and the way the vote to end the league was handled,not the outcome, the status quo cannot be continued,so said Donald Park

I don't see us going to court.

Clubs relegated have more reason to go to court though.

In the short term, no.

It has been said many times before - exhaust all avenues via the football authorities (follow procedure) then the court might actually entertain proceedings.

Hearts and other relegated clubs might get there before us by doing the same - that may well be what they are doing right now.

At this moment in time watching things unfold as they are may well be the best policy for now.

I would be delighted if we took the league to court and held up the season.

We won’t though. I think that’s the end. We might raise a legal challenge, but like everything, the status quo will resume whilst a case rumbles along in the background for a couple of years and then eventually peters out.

What if it has been deemed that the conduct of the SPFL executives has been criminal? Could it be that they are now being investigated by the police thus meaning the club has taken a step back meantime? Not that we trust Police Scotland to do enough to charge anyone right enough.

The police tend not to investigate breaches of The Companies Act, unless it's part of serious fraud.

Back