What's your absolute favourite Rangers song?

Mdiz

Looking at the UB thread about FF got me thinking...is there a consensus list of the definitive bears songs?

Thinking about all-time versus current crop, but whatever floats your boat...Who's to say 'Du du du du du du du du du GLASGOW RANGERS'/Pulp Fiction song won't be the ultimate anthem 20 years from now?

For me, Follow Follow will always be the one, followed by Blue Sea of Ibrox. Was also always partial to Bluebells are Blue, having worn it out from the 9IAR VHS.

Last edited:
Have you seen the Glasgow Rangers/Glasgow Rangers Story.

Four lads had a dream.

Wolverhampton Town.

Can’t pick. Would probably change tomorrow.

Follow follow - first song I was really taught, and make sure my kids sing it loud and proud as well.

Blue sea of Ibrox

Paisley road west

Wee man loves the we are the people chant, only 2 but runs around shouting rangers and we are the people.

Super Rangers.. your the only team for me
Every Saturday we follow
Wolverhampton Town
Lundstram song is so catchy too

You know what, there's so many I love but I still think Follow Follow is the best (I know, I've gone meta). We need to get everyone on the same page and get the original version sung, without the 'Dundee, Hamilton' pish that ends up with half the people stop singing, and the rest either singing FTP etc or mumble their way to the next chorus.

Honourable mention: The famous Glasgow Rangers, as it never gets sung.

Follow Follow, without popes and such.

Takes me back every time to being a wee boy, belting it out without a care in the world other than Rangers winning at that moment.

Probably don’t sing it enough in or out of the ground. Rousing and iconic.

Also, despite my first line - I miss it rolling into TBB. That was the loudest chant in football. Not cleaning it up and losing it to the point it seems like it’s gone forever now is a travesty.

Too many. In the 90s it was classics like The Famous Glasgow Rangers, Every Other Saturday, Follow Follow (naughty remix).
Now it's a mix, with ESWF and Blue Sea of Ibrox, Four Lads etc. The Morelos/White Stripes and Pulp Fiction chant are atmosphere builders too.

Derry's Walls to the tune of Amazing Grace.

This was very popular back in the 70's but faded out then disappeared completely very shortly.

Edit: Not a Rangers song apparently so delete.:))

Edit 2: Found this.

Edit 3: This too, lovely.

Last edited:
Follow Follow, but I find the "up the stairs, doon the stairs" version (I heard it sung in Seville) a wee bit "The Broons" for me. Also too much FTP and Vatican also.

FF/There's Not a Team
Derrys Walls
Blue Sea
Glasgow Rangers Story
Wolverhampton Town

In that order.

A lot of the more recent ones are great too, but let's see how long they're around for, before they can join the classic list.

You got me singing the blues is some tune, very catchy but not sung nearly enough as I’m guessing most folk don’t know the words :))

Had a few renditions of it in Seville & it was tremendous.

Blue Sea of Ibrox or Every Saturday We Follow (outwith that)

FF/There's Not a Team
Derrys Walls
Blue Sea
Glasgow Rangers Story
Wolverhampton Town

In that order.

A lot of the more recent ones are great too, but let's see how long they're around for, before they can join the classic list.

Great selection G.

A wee personal favourite I’ve always loved was I was born under a Union Jack.

Sung a couple of times recently & when we sung it against Braga at the end of 90 minutes I sung my wee heart out. Memorable song on a memorable night.

Back