What's your thoughts on Sakala then?

He's very raw, and at 24 how much better will he realistically get? I think there is a player in there but he need a massive improvement quickly or a year or 2 out on loan. He has pace to burn but constantly misplaces passes, miscontrols or runs into defenders. Hopefully he'll settle soon though.

He's very raw, and at 24 how much better will he realistically get? I think there is a player in there but he need a massive improvement quickly or a year or 2 out on loan. He has pace to burn but constantly misplaces passes, miscontrols or runs into defenders. Hopefully he'll settle soon though.

Well Kyogo only turned pro at 22 and got a decent move at 26 and everyone has him down as a world beater so...

Well Kyogo only turned pro at 22 and got a decent move at 26 and everyone has him down as a world beater so...
I’m not sure why you’re defending him so much.

You need to call it as you see it.

Kyogo has came in and hit the ground running for them and showed a decent threat,

Sakala so far looks like he’s Motherwell type level

Everyone saying Sakala had no service, well I do agree if by no service you mean nobody stuck it on a plate for him two yards from goal for a tap in. However, look back and count how many times the ball is played into him and he fails to get it under control and keep the ball. The proverbial "first touch further than I go on holiday", a poor mans Gordon Durie evenç. This is the real problem for me, at the moment the front players do not seem able to hold the ball up and link the play. When you are a midfielder and you are constantly trying to get forward to support the front players but they end up losing the ball too cheaply you start to question the point of joining in the attack. Now dont get me wrong, just like his "dopelganger" Filip Sebo, I desperately want the boy to succeed but I just cant see it. Also I must concede he was not the only player to put in a sub-par performance tonight but, at the same time, at this level there is little space for sympathy. You're playing for the Rangers, you need to perform.

so far all pace no football intelligence
i'd much rather we kept itten
but i do hope i'm proven wrong

Rotten to be honest.

No positional sense, no end product. As said a poor man's Gregg Wylde.

Not good enough

I’m not sure why you’re defending him so much.

You need to call it as you see it.

Kyogo has came in and hit the ground running for them and showed a decent threat,

Sakala so far looks like he’s Motherwell type level
He doesn't have the skill or the guile of Kyogo but he is faster. But I think its also fair to say they are not the same type of player

He should have started against Livingston and Dundee, possibly got another couple of goals under his belt and gained some confidence. We need a striker on form, it won’t happen by changing them every game.

Rotten to be honest.

No positional sense, no end product. As said a poor man's Gregg Wylde.

Not good enough

Poor mans Greg Wylde...the same Wylde who is 30 years old and playing semi pro football. Where was Wylde playing at Sakala's age?

He’s played a handful of games, come on. He’s looked a bit erratic, but it’s far too early to be writing him off.

Guy above me is saying he’s a poor man‘s Gregg Wylde. That‘s just hysterical, even taking out of the equation their very different positions.

He’s played a handful of games, come on. He’s looked a bit erratic, but it’s far too early to be writing him off.

Guy above me is saying he’s a poor man‘s Gregg Wylde. That‘s just hysterical, even taking out of the equation their very different positions.
Not writing him off i said "I've not been impressed with what I've seen so far from him"
I hope he comes good but he needs to stop trying to take a million touches in the box and either shoot or pass it.

Looks like he could be a threat but has looked gubbed by about 60 mins in every start he’s had.

Those that were pleased to loan Itten out have made a poor error in judgement for me. The guy rarely let us down in the limited starts he had, more often than not getting thrown on for 15-20 mins & expected to do something in the place of a guy who’d usually done little for the previous 60-70 mins.

As soon as “ theres a player in there” that always means they will be rank rotten for us.
See Rossiter etc etc etc

Ultimately it’s still far too early to call, he could turn out to be a good player for us. But the absolute honest truth is that the early signs aren’t encouraging. Works hard and he’s very quickly, but on the ball he looks poor and he’s murder for not looking across the line and getting caught offside.

He worked hard tonight and it’s still early days. He’s undoubtedly quick. But if truth be told, I’m not seeing it.

Quick, direct and rough around the edges. Showed glimpses today but really needs to work on staying onside.

Hard time to be a Rangers striker right now as the service is dug meat. Also sticking with Roofe for so long done him 0 favours.

Back