What's your thoughts on Sakala then?

We need better.
Itten, Sakala, and Wright ...are the standard of striker we can expect going forward...we are in trouble.

By the way not the player's fault.
Who would not jump at the chance to join Rangers?

Totally baffling.

Morelos makes a very telling contribution in the last game (first time in a while) and then he gets dropped, for let's face it... an untried and tested player... in European Group level football.

A game tailor made for Morelos.
With his running off the ball, and he doesn't even start.

Once again we are toothless up front. Just like the Malmo game with Itten.
Baffling choice.

He's raw, but caused them more problems than any player in our team today.

Other than the overall feel of negativity, I don't understand people saying he was terrible. There's something in there.

Really want him to come good as he seems like a genuinely nice guy who loves life, kind of a Marvin Andrews type vibe from him.

But I'm not seeing any signs to convince me that he can hold down a starting place and deliver 15-20 goals a season. Pace and effort both good but seems to have very little in game intelligence and overall technique and if you don't have that by 24, then I imagine it's hard to coach that into you.

He’s come into the team at a bad time. Everyone playing way below the expected standard won’t make it easy for him to settle in. He’s looked very raw, but I still think there’s been enough to suggest he’s got something about him.

We need to start playing better as an attacking unit if we’re to have any chance of bedding him in properly.

If he's bright and absorbs what he's being taught then we could end up with a very decent striker. The raw talent is there in him and he's quick too. Can see some improvement already.

Don't know why some on here are so dismissive of players just in the door. He's here to make mistakes and improve and the club are there to improve him and sell him on for a profit. Simple as that.

Doesn’t look like he’s ever been coached. He’s constantly offside and doesn’t strike the ball cleanly.

I’m just glad we didn’t spend any money on him.

Hes got speed and a lot of movement which will cause problems in the opposition defence, if nothing else he can help create space for others.

However, to make it count we need someone or other people stepping into that space and taking those chances. Just dont see enough threat at the moment.

Last edited:
Always looks busy and seems to put in plenty effort. Unfortunately he doesn’t look to be much of a footballer.
Early days I suppose.

Him and Roofe where pish last night, hell the team need to get the finger out.
Only positive for me was Shagger played well. Apart from that the malaise needs to stop.

He looks raw, he reminds me of Nacho Novo.

He certainly wasn't our worst player last night, and offered much more in terms of pressing, movement and desire than Kemar Roofe.

I want to see him played wide right of the front three until he gets used to our system. Less chance of being caught offside and his pace would stretch sides.

Looks very raw to me with a lot to learn. Will he be given the time to improve? I think he will.

Still not sure he is any better than Itten though particularly just now.

First touch like a trampoline, which is great when his touch is going the way hes shooting. Not so good when its returning the ball to the opposition

He's very raw, and at 24 how much better will he realistically get? I think there is a player in there but he need a massive improvement quickly or a year or 2 out on loan. He has pace to burn but constantly misplaces passes, miscontrols or runs into defenders. Hopefully he'll settle soon though.
Players can still improve. It depends on their application, to get better at that age. Where was Jamie Vardy when he was 24?

He looks raw, he reminds me of Nacho Novo.

He certainly wasn't our worst player last night, and offered much more in terms of pressing, movement and desire than Kemar Roofe.

I want to see him played wide right of the front three until he gets used to our system. Less chance of being caught offside and his pace would stretch sides.
Go back to playing 3 up rather than the 2 with one behind and play him on the left, Morelos through the middle and Aribo on the right.
Roofe needs a stint in the bench.

Early signs aren't looking good for me, but I hope he proves me wrong.

Kyogo cost them nearly £5 million, when you compare the two of them, you can see why.

He's better on the ball than he has been given credit for; I used to think he wasn't that good on the ball, but there have been signs in the last couple of games that he is. He needs more time before we give up on him; coming to a club this size can't be easy for any player, and playing in a league where the type of football is completely new is something we should factor that in as well.

Bit like Itten for me doesn't fit into how we want to play. On the evidence of last night he can't play the role of Alfie he's not strong enough and his touch was all over the place. It's early days and prepared to give him time but don't think it will work out for him.

I can't believe how raw he is was expecting a more better calibre of player especially after reading up about him and many of the reviews on him.

Sakala has pace and a direct style of play but he needs to do more.

Movement is a funny thing, players can look busy while achieving little.

Jelavic was a master at doing little but being as effective and efficient as any player I have seen play for us, he would generally watch a game of football happen and impact it when needed rather than chasing much down or using much energy.

Morelos at his best, which he hasn't been this season, can make things happen with his energy, he will force people to make mistakes by getting in their shit.

Sakala has the assets and pace to hurt sides, on Sunday it felt like a lot of it was wasted energy though. It was a bit early Kenny Miller for me, what are you chasing and why, has a habit of making runs that just don't look right
A guy with the pace of Salaka, should be playing on the shoulder of the centre half. He will never beat a strong defender, when he has to make up a lot of ground before he gets in front of him. Once our coaches work with him for a while, I think we will see the best of him.

I think he is dangerous but raw, can see how he will improve under the coaching team but it will take some time.

Players can still improve. It depends on their application, to get better at that age. Where was Jamie Vardy when he was 24?
What does jamie vardy have to do with it? He's universally known as an anomaly. 99% of players have mastered the basics and are heading towards their peak years at 24.

I hope Sakala comes good, he just looks a long way off it at the moment. I would look to loan him out to get much needed game time.

He’s quick, but his positioning and awareness are poor imo.

How many times does he need to be caught offside to realise?

Needs to be much more aware.

Said it before in another thread - I’m worried he will be another Sebo

I'm aware he is 24 but he has only had a few years of proper coaching. His attributes, desire, work rate and previous goal scoring record (with some cracking finishes) should be enough for everyone to get behind him.

Back