What's your thoughts on Sakala then?

itten would be a better choice.

Somehow i feel we are weaker in defence, midfield and up front this season than last.

I was actually suprised how good he was in the air, I didn’t think he was too bad, it’s hard to judge new players when we are out of sorts

He looks like he could be really dangerous if he had even a hint of composure, but he doesn't.

Looks like he's flapping and panicking in everything he does. Eager beaver, very fast and aggressive in trying to make things happen, but final quality when it matters not there and concentration shocking, hence the countless offsides.

Might come good, but feels llike it'll be a while.

I think he definitely has something about him. His performance against Motherwell on Sunday, while still lacking in certain areas, looked to be at the right level in terms of the danger he was posing their goal. Still think it's hard to judge how high a level he'll reach with us, but I'd say he's definitely going to be an upgrade on Itten.

Saw enough there on Sunday to make me think he'll be a regular scorer once he settles & gets up and running fully for us. Rough around the edges for me, but looks to be someone who regularly threatens the opponents goal which is exactly what we need.
Give the guy 10 starts in a row and give him a chance to get settled and show us what he can do.
He's got electric pace and will cause problems for defences.
Look at the Japanese across the city.

Let’s be honest, the “very raw but can be coached” reviews tell the story. You can generally spot if a player will make it within the first 4/5 games.

Yeah, go back decades you can probably pick a few that started badly then smashed it, but the reality is most will just fade away if they have a poor start.
Tell that to mark Hateley and ally McCoist

I think what they actually said was it looks like he has never been through the academy system. No tactical nous, just runs about a lot

Thats actually a very fair point.

Hes got 4 years of proper football education, as opposed to maybe 15 from somebody coming through a proper youth system.

Sakala won’t be with us next season, he’s no where near good enough and he’s been found out big time

• Haha
Reactions: CF4
Lightning quick which is major plus and obviously can find the net when given the chance. As said in other posts very raw at times and looks to me as though will be a better instinctive finisher than if had time to think about it. Also needs to learn when to go in behind but hopefully with coaching will be a good addition.
He reminds me of sebo
Maybe a goal or two will get his confidence up

If we were firing on all cylinders , he would be the whipping boy without question , he’s not scoring many goals and last season we were scoring plenty

Probably won't be popular opinion...but he's not good enough from what I've have seen so far.
Good pace, but very weak at high balls, easily nudged off the ball, not even half the player Alfredo is.

He’s had a disruptive pre season with injury and isolation, he needs a run of games to get his sharpness.

Reactions: VGM
I thought he was fine last night. I know the FF drama merchants always try and out do each other with their braindead hot takes but last night he done what was asked of him.

Harried defenders, got us up the pitch and was always looking to get beyond their defence.

I thought he was going replace Morelos when he left.
I cannot see that on the showings so far.

Born offside but hard to judge with poor service. Right now from what I’ve seen, I’d prefer Itten which pretty much sums up our recruitment this summer.

Born offside but hard to judge with poor service. Right now from what I’ve seen, I’d prefer Itten which pretty much sums up our recruitment this summer.

He'll need some more time with the coaching staff's tried and true refinement but there's definitely a player in there.

Potentially could be a good asset for us with his pace & enthusiasm.

However our coaches have a big job on their hands to improve him quickly as he’s very raw & snatches at things.

I think he deserves a run of games along side Buf. Roofe has been very disappointing this season for me.

I’ve said this before but he actually looks like he hasn’t really played professional football before.

He reminds of that story about Souness signing a guy who claimed he was George Weah’s cousin.

Here is an absolutley bat shit mental idea? How about giving the kid a proper chance. Keep him in the team for a run of games and see if he can get up a head of steam.
Morelos has been hopeless again this season 1 goal in the SPL is not good enough for a Rangers striker. Roofe has gone right off the boil. He is offering zero in matches.

Here is an absolutley bat shit mental idea? How about giving the kid a proper chance. Keep him in the team for a run of games and see if he can get up a head of steam.
Morelos has been hopeless again this season 1 goal in the SPL is not good enough for a Rangers striker. Roofe has gone right off the boil. He is offering zero in matches.
Morelos may aswell be covering at centre half as he or the bench seem determined to get him going deeper and deeper. He will soon need binoculars and a GPS to find the opposition six yard box.

Also a completely different player. But let's not let facts get in the way.
As I said “In every department”.

Sakala may be a different player, but where it counts in the final third.

Alfredo is far superior, so your one fact is an absolute irrelevance in the bigger scale of matters.

Potentially could be a good asset for us with his pace & enthusiasm.

However our coaches have a big job on their hands to improve him quickly as he’s very raw & snatches at things.

I think he deserves a run of games along side Buf. Roofe has been very disappointing this season for me.
Needs to learn to stay onside, so frustrating as continually goes to early and have lost count of the amount of times been flagged. Agree has something there but looks to me as though dosnt have a football brain at times such as when to go in behind, when to come short. Hopefully with hard work on training ground will come good.

Without writing him off, he’s another one of the many signings we’ve made over the past year that don’t improve our first team. He looks raw and I’m not really sure he fits out system. Big questions exist over the player recruitment and trading.

Needs to learn to stay onside, so frustrating as continually goes to early and have lost count of the amount of times been flagged. Agree has something there but looks to me as though dosnt have a football brain at times such as when to go in behind, when to come short. Hopefully with hard work on training ground will come good.
Yeah I agree with everything you’ve said pal. It’s a big job for the coaches…Sakala has a lot to learn…I do feel of he has any chance though he will need games not just an odd sub apperence here & there.

Back