When a journalist has an agenda but misses the research that contradicts his proposition

Headline of this thread could apply to every and any football article written in Scotland for the last 20 years?

Doesn't say it wasn't tbf.

I'm struggling to pick out what's meant to be annoying us in the article. I've read most of it on here since the Ross County and Dundee games.
Same. Struggling to see a big anti Rangers article.

Lots did 'presume' he dived at the time (on first viewing I did as well). I suppose he should have followed up with saying it was shown to be a foul.

And tbf he does mention that all fan bases have numptys in their support, despite most trying to claim moral high ground. And it is only exacerbated and highlights because of the volume of our supporters.

Doesn't say it wasn't tbf.

I'm struggling to pick out what's meant to be annoying us in the article. I've read most of it on here since the Ross County and Dundee games.
Word for word. Just read a small part of the article as I've read it on here many times.

I'm not sure that it is outrageous for him to suggest that Silva had any criticism aimed at him by Rangers fans.

Or is there a subliminal message in the TV guide bit that I am missing?

Same. Struggling to see a big anti Rangers article.

Lots did 'presume' he dived at the time (on first viewing I did as well). I suppose he should have followed up with saying it was shown to be a foul.

And tbf he does mention that all fan bases have numptys in their support, despite most trying to claim moral high ground. And it is only exacerbated and highlights because of the volume of our supporters.
Whilst watching that game, when waiting for the replay on the penalty incident, my mate said 'if he has dived, I don't want to see him in a Rangers shirt again'! I agreed and I'm sure many others thought the same. Fortunately, it was a penalty.

Whilst watching that game, when waiting for the replay on the penalty incident, my mate said 'if he has dived, I don't want to see him in a Rangers shirt again'! I agreed and I'm sure many others thought the same. Fortunately, it was a penalty.
A few Rangers fans I know have stuck to this “diving” criticism of Silva.

I don’t think he has been diving.. I think Cantwell is more guilty of making a meal of challenges that Silva.
Silva just doesn’t seem to fit into this side, even on a short-term basis. Very talented and has had his moments but was not the goalscoring miracle we needed.

A few Rangers fans I know have stuck to this “diving” criticism of Silva.

I don’t think he has been diving.. I think Cantwell is more guilty of making a meal of challenges that Silva.
Silva just doesn’t seem to fit into this side, even on a short-term basis. Very talented and has had his moments but was not the goalscoring miracle we needed.
It's the rolling about like he's been shot that's annoying. All will be forgiven if he does the business against them.

I get what people are saying about some of the content in the article being what's been said on FF, but his first few paragraphs are definitely on the 'shit stirring' scale. Some of his comments are definitely having 'a dig' at Rangers and us as supporters, he starts:

"The way relations are at present between the Rangers players and a section of their supporters, Philippe Clement's men might be happy that none of their fans will be following them to Celtic Park this weekend" - total bollocks to that crap.

Then after a couple o' further wee digs about Silva and Barasic having issues with a couple o' fans, he makes his next dig:

"Technically, Rangers could be just four wins away from landing a treble, but going by these interactions you wouldn't know it. And it is hard to shake the notion that many among the Rangers fan base have had just about enough of this squad of players" - yes, we're feeling totally cheesed off (that's putting it mildly) after we've handed the League Title back into Celtic hands to win or lose after the shambles at Ross County and Dundee. Understandably we're all gutted with how things have gone and have vented on here often enough, but we're aware things won't change on that front until the end of the season and are still fully behind the players we have, to bring success. What are we supposed to do, start throwing barriers at the Team Bus.

His next comment was the one that really got right up my nose:

"The counter theory is that the negativity of the Rangers fans is at least partly to blame when their team comes up short. A premise that has gained traction in recent times, due to the only time the Ibrox side won the Premiership Title in the past decade is when their was no fans allowed inside the ground".

So it's our fault we've hit that patch o' poor form - sorry folks, I apologise we made an arse of it against Ross County and Dundee, I was so negative both of those games that I even had a good bet on Rangers in each match.

Yes there are a lot of fair comments throughout the article that any fair minded person couldn't argue with, but some of the other comments are the stuff you hear spewed out by the midden-mongers.

If somebody's going to write an article, well make it a fair one without the underlying digs to appease a certain element of your readers.

Just saying.

These bigots should just end their squalid articles with Up The 'Ra.

They are an embarrassment to journalism.
Have you read the article? If so could you please tell me what it is I'm supposed to be absolutely raging about :D

“If this group of players want to show that they are not weak willed flops that many among their own fan base fear them to be, then they have to show that over the coming days and weeks on the field.”

100% correct.

“The counter theory is that the negativity of the Rangers fans is at least partly to blame when their team comes up short. A premise that has gained traction in recent times, due to the only time the Ibrox side won the Premiership Title in the past decade is when their was no fans allowed inside the ground".

Check your facts prick, we returned to the Premiership in 2016-17 season, still suffering from the effects of the spivs regime. Hardly a surprise it took some time to get going. The negativity didn’t stop them reaching a Europa League Final following sell out ties in front of those demanding Rangers fans though!

Don't want to cop a ban, but did the OP have a stroke whist typing his thread title :))

Tim like prose. Horrific :))

I have known Graeme McGarry since he was a nipper and he us 100% a Motherwell fan with no love for us or Celtic.

In the run-up to a huge, season-defining fixture McGarry elects to talk about whether or not Rangers players can handle the occasion in about 800 words.

Should we really expect anything different from a 'senior football writer' in the Scottish media?

Of course, maybe it's just me who would prefer to read some tactical insight, potential line-ups and 1v1s, how the game and consequently the season may pan out, you know a discussion of the actual football rather than a lazy summing up of our fanbase's current feelings for the team?

Back