When Borna got booked

Happened right in front of me and we all thought there was no contact.

Not seen a replay of it but if Bacuna bear says he caught him then fair enough.

Rule was changed a few years ago, if you receive treatment due to being fouled you don't need to leave the field.

Exceptions to the requirement to leave the field of play are only when:
  • a goalkeeper is injured
  • a goalkeeper and an outfield player have collided and need attention
  • players from the same team have collided and need attention
  • a severe injury has occurred
  • a player is injured as the result of a physical offence for which the opponent is cautioned or sent off (e.g. reckless or serious foul challenge), if the assessment/treatment is completed quickly
That’s from the FA’s website

Overall the ref had a good game. Thought bornas was a soft booking OK he caught him but for me it certainly wasn't reckless or out of control

I’m not surprised the boy needed treatment and couldn’t walk off for it, it was a shocker to be fair :rolleyes:

No complaints with Bornas yellow. It was accidental but he totally mistimed it and stepped on the lads ankle.

Thought Hagi’s yellow was harsh considering there was little if any contact at all.

I thought the ref was ok last night, let the game flow and let men be men in terms of tackling and fighting for the ball, wasn’t getting drawn in to giving fouls every time someone felt contact and fell over. However his reluctance to book any Sparta players was getting on my tits as there’s were a few instances where cards probably could have been shown. He was very lenient.

The Sparta player got treatment on the pitch and then just got up and played on
I thought all outfield players had to leave the pitch after treatment
I was fuckin annoyed at that, considering Alfie was injured in the 6 yard box then had to leave the pitch and walk round to the halfway line.

Seemed inconsistent when you consider some of the fouls that by the ‘laws of the game,’ they should have had cards issued for.

That's a separate issue to saying him not leaving the field was a joke.

If Borna's booked he doesn't have to after treatment.

I still can’t understand no yellow card for a blatant jersey pull right in front of the linesman, also stopped a potential opportunity on goal.

This, along with the Hagi booking were two decisions he got wrong. I thought he was decent on the whole though. Didn't seem to buy the Sparta players bullshit of 'falling over at the slightest touch' that so many teams adopt now.

That's a separate issue to saying him not leaving the field was a joke.

If Borna's booked he doesn't have to after treatment.
Not when the Sparta player received treatment and did not have to leave the field.

The ‘laws of the game,’ are that a player has to leave the field.

Also thought the Ref was doing o.k. but was surprised at the lack of booking for a few of their players, particularly for the blatant kicks on Kent in the first half and Kamara ( if I remember right) mid way through the second.

This isn't correct.

Borna being booked means he doesn't.
Eh? Really? That’s a joke. In all the football I have watched, I have never seen a player not have to leave the pitch when the opponent is booked. Clearly something that is rarely enforced.

Eh? Really? That’s a joke. In all the football I have watched, I have never seen a player not have to leave the pitch when the opponent is booked. Clearly something that is rarely enforced.

You see it in just about every game played mate. I'm sure there will be examples of refs missing it but 'rarely enforced'? I'm not so sure. There is no grey area with this one and it's not a particularly new thing either.

You see it in just about every game played mate. I'm sure there will be examples of refs missing it but 'rarely enforced'? I'm not so sure. There is no grey area with this one and it's not a particularly new thing either.
I genuinely have never noticed it, maybe because often players need to leave the field for further treatment after a heavy tackle or because they are subbed off? Genuinely had no idea.

I genuinely have never noticed it, maybe because often players need to leave the field for further treatment after a heavy tackle or because they are subbed off? Genuinely had no idea.

Aye that's a good point. I'm also being a bit disingenuous saying 'you see it every game'. That's not really close to being true, now I think about it properly :)

It's been a rule for a good wee while, is what I meant.

Not when the Sparta player received treatment and did not have to leave the field.

The ‘laws of the game,’ are that a player has to leave the field.

What is it you're not getting about this?

If a player is booked for an incident where the opposition requires treatment, the injured player doesn't need to leave the pitch.

That's been the case for years now.

The ref got it bang on.

*edit* I see it's been covered.

Always surprised me that people who go to Ibrox regularly can miss something that's obvious. Still hear people round us shouting for players being offside from long goal kicks.

What is it you're not getting about this?

If a player is booked for an incident where the opposition requires treatment, the injured player doesn't need to leave the pitch.

That's been the case for years now.

The ref got it bang on.

*edit* I see it's been covered.

Always surprised me that people who go to Ibrox regularly can miss something that's obvious. Still hear people round us shouting for players being offside from long goal kicks.
I genuinely had no idea. It’s a rule that doesn’t really make sense anyway. A player could be more seriously hurt from an accidental incident than a bad tackle, so if the idea is that the injured party’s side doesn’t lose out, it doesn’t necessarily equate to that.

As I said elsewhere, often it seems not to be directly enforced, or so it seems but maybe that’s a false impression I’m getting due to players either being subbed off or requiring further assistance.

I genuinely had no idea. It’s a rule that doesn’t really make sense anyway. A player could be more seriously hurt from an accidental incident than a bad tackle, so if the idea is that the injured party’s side doesn’t lose out, it doesn’t necessarily equate to that.

As I said elsewhere, often it seems not to be directly enforced, or so it seems but maybe that’s a false impression I’m getting due to players either being subbed off or requiring further assistance.

I think you'll genuinely notice it now being the case as it's been pointed out. Refs, atrocious as they might be in calling decisions at times, have a far better knowledge of the laws than pretty much any fan and a lot of players.

It's not a full proof solution, as you point out in your first paragraph, but it's more to do with the idea that if you're wanting to waste time and bring on a physio, you know you're leaving the pitch for a spell. It does stop time wasting.

Generally, even if it's an accident and a player is seriously hurt, the opposition player is usually booked for it due to recklesness.

There's a few anomolies in it but it's certainly reduced the time that players use the physios generally for innocuous "injuries"

I tihnk you'll genuinely notice it now being the case as it's been pointed out. Refs, atrocious as they might be in calling decisions at times, have a far better knowledge of the laws than pretty much any fan and a lot of players.

It's not a full proof solution, as you point out in your first paragraph, but it's more to do with the idea that if you're wanting to waste time and bring on a physio, you know you're leaving the pitch for a spell. It does stop time wasting.

Generally, even if it's an accident and a player is seriously hurt, the opposition player is usually booked for it due to recklesness.

There's a few anomolies in it but it's certainly reduced the time that players use the physios generally for innocuous "injuries"
Yes, to be fair I didn’t even think of the timewasting element (I would have at the game). The number of times I have watched European games and there has been very little constructive play after about 70 mins, is incredible. You notice it even more when you are waiting on one more goal for a bet to come up.

Mental the amount of folk who don’t know the rules of football
This isn’t even a new rule

It’s been in place since the start of last season IIRC

Always funny at an away game hearing some Rangers da going tonto at the ref for not forcing a player off after treatment.

Often tempted to explain the rule but prefer hearing the rant knowing most around him will think he’s a clueless tool

Back