When can we win the league?

As it stands we win it in the game before the split at home to Dundee Utd
That's with us winning the old firm game and both teams winning all other games.
It's too unpredictable though.
Edited to fix my miscalculation.

Last edited:
If they had one last night and then next Wednesday and had we dropped points to Hibs it might’ve MIGHT have put a bit of pressure on the mind but even now it would only take it down to 20 points assuming we win on Saturday!

In reality there isn’t a title race

As it stands we win it on the first game after the split.
That's with us winning the old firm game and both teams winning all other games.
I think you're 1 game out there mate, following their dropped points last night it would be the Dundee Utd game right before the split if we matched each other till then and we won at parkhead.

Assuming we win every game of course.

With the gap being what it is, wouldn't surprise me if we start rotating more round about the european games, especially if we progress

As it stands we win it on the first game after the split.

If that’s the case we will have already won it before the split haven’t we? That scenario would put us 17 points clear after winning at Celtic park, with 6 games left. Clinching it in the 33rd game v Dundee United

If that’s the case we will have already won it before the split haven’t we? That scenario would put us 17 points clear after winning at Celtic park, with 6 games left. Clinching it in the 33rd game v Dundee United
Aye mate, I was a game out.
Canny keep up with it, they've dropped so many points lately haha.

You're right enough.
We would be 17 ahead after Utd with 15 available.
At this rate it could be much sooner than that anyway.

I of course want this over the line as soon as possible but I really want to be in Glasgow when we clinch it, and if their collapse continues then we'll have no chance of restrictions being eased slightly.

Roughly 10 more wins from us, or that can be lessened if they drop more points.

Let's start with Ross County on Saturday.

Assuming we both win every game between now and 20 March, we would go to Shark Park 14 points ahead with seven games left. If we won that day, that would put us 17 up with only 18 points left on the table, so that would effectively wrap it up, but technically, the League would not be officially won.

I’ve requested the OF & the following Monday, bastards rejected it.

Luckily leave won't be an issue for me, trying to source a house in the middle of nowhere that a few fella's could enjoy themselves with the tunes on and no fear of a knock at the door the day we win it will be the issue for myself.

Assuming we win every game of course.

With the gap being what it is, wouldn't surprise me if we start rotating more round about the european games, especially if we progress
I really hope this isint the case.

I want us full throttle 100% on the league until it’s won. Everything else takes a back seat.

Maximum points tally they can reach is 94 assuming they win 16 games on the bounce.

If my maths is correct (possibly not lol) we require 29 points from the remaining available 42 points to guarantee the title regardless of what they do.

I think you're 1 game out there mate, following their dropped points last night it would be the Dundee Utd game right before the split if we matched each other till then and we won at parkhead.

That's bang on when my annual leave starts

Please let it be

To have it in the bag before the split would be cherry on top. Then all those threads from various posters who planned ahead and forecast all the potential fixtures that would screw us over with extra away games etc can be cast up for a laugh... :rolleyes:

Just looking at the table and amazingly there are only 4 teams that can't mathematically catch us.
You'd get some odds on any of the others to! :)

Last edited:
Maximum points tally they can reach is 94 assuming they win 16 games on the bounce.

If my maths is correct (possibly not lol) we require 29 points from the remaining available 42 points to guarantee the title regardless of what they do.
You're right and someone made a great example I liked yesterday.

Its 29 points. Every point we gain that nunber drops. Every point the drop, that nunber drops.

When it hits 0 we win the title.

We have 14 games left to do it regardless of what they do.

We'll put them away twice - comfortably - and they'll drop points in at least another three games.

Six or seven wins will do it.

You're right and someone made a great example I liked yesterday.

Its 29 points. Every point we gain that nunber drops. Every point the drop, that nunber drops.

When it hits 0 we win the title.

We have 14 games left to do it regardless of what they do.

Totally in our hands mate. We are in a commanding position.
Just a matter of time for me. History beckons...

celtic have 9 games before playing us

We have 7 games before playing them.

So max points we can have is 87 points from 31 games

Their max is 73 points from 31 games.

There is therefore 21 more points left.

If we beat them at Parkhead there will be 18 points left with us being 17 points in front.

Therefore we can win at Parkhead if they drop any more than 2 points than us till then.

I want to win it at the piggery, so hopefully they fall two points further behind us
I was under the impression the league/SFA said that would never happen again. Fixtures would be re-arranged if need be. Unless it became impossible to avoid.

I think :)

Back