When Celtic had their capacity cut to 23,000 because of the state of it in 1993

mdingwall

Administrator
Ft86ZBf.jpg

The Piggery is an unsafe midden then and now - I remember being in the back row of the lower tier at the east end when Hearts beat us there in the Scottish Cup Final and a panel falling off the wall and breaking a pipe - a sewer pipe and there was raw shoite everyone and on people - of course the Police were shoving people back to their seats regardless.
Two other memories of that days were the penalties some given, some not and The Sash getting a great rendition which large swathes of the Jambos joining in with !

How strange for an organisation to make rules and Celtic not to like them.

Plus ca change as they almost certainly don’t say at Parkhead

The Wankdorf stadium must have been a proper shite hole if it was worse than the old San Giro......

The state of that mob complaining about another clubs seating, anyone remember the seating they put in the jungle the following season. Must've modelled it on the wankdorf.
Brassnecks.

Normally when they played with young boys no-one was around to see it. I really don’t see the issue.

'We, along with several other clubs in Britain, are doing everything we can to meet the legislation which have resulted from disasters at Bradford and Hillsborough.'

Even 22 years on, they couldn't even mention a disaster their own club was involved in?

The filth hate, but not as we know it.
I think they're referring to legislation which came about following the Taylor and Popplewell reports.

I did laugh when I saw the bit about the "rundown" wankdorf stadium.

Surely can't have been as run down as the Piggery?????

Holy faeces.

'We, along with several other clubs in Britain, are doing everything we can to meet the legislation which have resulted from disasters at Bradford and Hillsborough.'

Even 22 years on, they couldn't even mention a disaster their own club was involved in?

The filth hate, but not as we know it.

To be fair to them, the requirement for all seated stadia came after Hillsborough. Their midden met the lesser safety standards after 1972.

I may be wrong but I’m sure when they opened the refurbished stand after besmirching Hampden for a season, there was a problem with the roof or panels and they could not get the safety certificate in time for their first game? I might be confusing things but I do recall some stooshie at the time.

I was a manager with the security company who installed CCTV, Fire Detection and Intruder Detection when the piggery got rebuilt. The big stand where the jungle was built by Miller Construction and the stands at each end by Barr. All three projects were the same material and construction wise. Cheap as fuckin chips.

Back