When David Murray called for unity - January 2009

We were certainly out of CL, not sure of existing rules re Cup-tied players for Europe back then.

To spent £12m on a Chelsea bench-warmer was utter madness. At various times, Murray showed scant regard for the Clubs finances, this was one such instance
We're on the same page.

He was reckless with our money. OUR money. The financial genius.

The nonsense he was bankrolling us, sod knows where that came from?

Not what happened.

EBTs were lawful for the period during which we used them, as long as they were operated within the letter of the law.

Our problem was that HMRC decided we didnt operate our EBTs within the letter of the law. You can't change laws retrospectively and then pursue people for past breaches of new laws. The entire case from HMRC was that the EBTs we operated fell outside of the law as it was at that time and were instead ways of disguising remuneration.
Aye but that is a technicality to go after Rangers, was ok at time

I can’t consider him in favourable terms for Rangers. The manager, team, stadium, income streams were all amongst the best in Britain when he took over. I loved the success of the Murray era but I think any good Chairman and CEO would have brought us success then.
How he sold us to Whyte (duped ) to try and protect his other interests, this to me means he cannot be considered good for Rangers.

I can’t consider him in favourable terms for Rangers. The manager, team, stadium, income streams were all amongst the best in Britain when he took over. I loved the success of the Murray era but I think any good Chairman and CEO would have brought us success then.
How he sold us to Whyte (duped ) to try and protect his other interests, this to me means he cannot be considered good for Rangers.
It's so hard to explain. We all bought into him. We all loved reading that when we bought for instance, Miko, we bought him in US Dollars as opposed to our sterling, so we got him for less. What a guy we have here.

In 1994 I was going bananas when he banned the filth from Ibrox. I'd never seen anyone stand up to that lot in my life.

But also by then, I was starting to look at how much we had spent on the club deck and the b/shit 'Judge us on Europe'

I'm no money man but he was a financial genius who paid 66% over the odds for a stand. I still will never get that. A man who made his mark in the construction game?

I will never accuse Mr Murray of doing anything naughty on a personal basis. But I do think, when you look at it, that he was careless with our money overall. The financial genius that he was.

PS, for the record I don't think he anticipated the backlash he personally got for banning the filth in April 94, so he was never the same again. Certainly not for us. Backing the club was a wash out.

Last edited:
PS, for the record I don't think he anticipated the backlash he personally got for banning the filth in April 94, so he was never the same again. Certainly not for us. Backing the club was a wash out.

If you are implying that criticism of SDM for banning them from Ibrox (which I have to say I don't recall being a particularly big deal) contributed in some way to the financial meltdown which we eventually suffered then i have to say that is one of the most bizarre suggestions I have ever seen on here.

Disgusting piece of s#*t, Murray should be wiped from our history.

People like King and even Bain tried their best to bring a halt to the Whyte takeover as they knew the guy was a shyster and taking the club for a ride.

Murray knew all along and sold us out!

The pain of the last 9 years will never be forgiven!

If you are implying that criticism of SDM for banning them from Ibrox (which I have to say I don't recall being a particularly big deal) contributed in some way to the financial meltdown which we eventually suffered then i have to say that is one of the most bizarre suggestions I have ever seen on here.
Just you bizarre away. Just keep on bizarring.

For the first time in his time at Ibrox, he was getting personal criticism.

He was never the same after that.

In no way do I equate the financial meltdown with banning the yahoos from Ibrox back in April 1994 because that is is not only bizarre it is off the scale.

Back