When Davis never put Sakala clean through in the second half

Davis played well but made a balls up of that move. Even the 5 yard pass he did eventually play was awful

Sakala was in acres of space, all alone breaking at pace which would have led to a 1v1 with their keeper. Davis refused the pass and slowed the game up that allowed Motherwell to get back before eventually being over crowded.

For me, that summed up our play today. Indecisive and poor decision making.
I’d be inclined to ask why he didn’t play him in, because he clearly saw him and elected not to play the pass.

The same with why do the centre halves rubber Lundstram with a pass?

He seen it early and his first touch set it up perfectly but he chose to run with it, raging at the wee man as I had a score on fashion for the next goal.

He had an off day overall like a lot of them. One of his high pass backs to McGregor wasn't great either putting him under pressure to get rid too. I honestly think they are struggling with the pressure of the crowds being back and on their case. I watched Tav turn back and put Goldson under pressure who then mispassed back to McGregor too causing a corner and he was going ballistic. You could see their is a definite pressure that they are all feeling and making some out of character mistakes.

It was the execution of the pass to Kamara that was wrong. It wasn't just wrong, it was fucking woeful. Possibly the shittest thing I've ever seen Davis do.

I don’t know why he passed it to Kamara, he’s the only player in the team who is worse than Davis at shooting.

Sakala should've been the ball. He was arriving at the back post unmarked as the two Motherwell centre halves were being drawn to the ball.

At the moment Davis played the pass, the angle for the Sakala pass was perfect.

Kamara was also in a decent position to be played in too to be fair, but the execution was abysmal.

Just one of those days where we done the hard parts of creating chances well and the easier finishing touches poorly.

Was a terrible pass. If it was weighted properly then Sakala is in with only the keeper to beat

When I saw who was breaking, I thought that was about the last 2 of our players I'd want in that position. Davis hasn't got the pace anymore, Kamara wants to pass, not shoot. For me, Fashion was the ball.

From where I was sitting it looked like he couldn’t play the ball in front Sakala as he was too far forward and the position of the defender.

Less than 60 secs later he followed up that shocking pass with a backpass to Shagger that was way too hard, Shaggers rushed clearance going for the throw in that Motherwell scored from. Not Davis's best minute in a Rangers shirt.

One of those passes that I think the replays will show was slightly harder to make than it first appeared.

Not been on form recently, but Davis usually makes the right decision. If he didn't put Sakala through, it's probably because he couldn't.

What about Roofe missing a sitter in the first minute of the second half.
Absolute shocker!
For me Roofe is the most overrated player at the club. People cream themselves over him but he is normally like the invisible man. We are needing more quality in the forward positions.

Sakala was in acres of space, all alone breaking at pace which would have led to a 1v1 with their keeper. Davis refused the pass and slowed the game up that allowed Motherwell to get back before eventually being over crowded.

For me, that summed up our play today. Indecisive and poor decision making.
I absolutely agree and its been the story of the season so far, poor decision making davis isnt the only one whos guilty of it. Infact i thought other wise davis knocked the ball about superbly today the long range passing was superb. He was my motm dont really know how kamara got it

One of those passes that I think the replays will show was slightly harder to make than it first appeared.

Not been on form recently, but Davis usually makes the right decision. If he didn't put Sakala through, it's probably because he couldn't.
He absolutely could have with an early pass. He had three men to his left also by the time he tried to slip in Kamara.

He made the wrong decision this time.

The choice he made was correct and should still have led to a goal but the execution was poor.

We also scored about a minute after Motherwells one on one with McGregor so it balanced out really

Davis normally 99 times out of 100 makes the right pass (even ones none of us mere mortals have anticipated) but on this occasion he definitely made the wrong decision...Sakala was in acres of space.
I'm certainly not going to crucify him for it though, as our glorious esteemed leader might say...these things happen!

Back