When Davis never put Sakala clean through in the second half

When we were in 3v1 and Davis played a poor pass, that changed the game.

We score that and go 2-0 up it’s game over.
I agree, turning point in the game. It was a shocking pass from David to Kamara when the entire stadium knew where it should have went early. Up to that point I honestly thought we would eventually score. I know we ask see games different but his Aribo started on today is beyond me. He completely faded away into despair

Sakala was in acres of space, all alone breaking at pace which would have led to a 1v1 with their keeper. Davis refused the pass and slowed the game up that allowed Motherwell to get back before eventually being over crowded.

For me, that summed up our play today. Indecisive and poor decision making.

Stuff like that sums up our entire season.

Even at the end. Arfield had the ball at main stand side edge of the box. Tavernier running at pace into the box with two Motherwell players blocking the space infront of Arfield and the space Tav was running into.

Arfield could have played the ball between the two Motherwell players and Tav would have got a shot away. Instead Arfield went safe, played it down to touchline and Tav slid in and ended up a goal kick.

We are playing too safe.

It was a more difficult ball that it looked, to get the weight right.

I thought he choose the right option driving straight at their defence but he took 1 or 2 touches too many and should have released the ball earlier.
If he plays it early there's 40 yards of space to play it over the well man to our striker, very poor play by Davis, has to be said.

He took too many touches on that run but it was the right ball to the correct player. He takes two touches less and Kamara probably scores that.

It shouldn't have got that far. First time ball to sakala with no one near him. The rest of our players were still in our own half at that point
Sakala had a chance where he should have shot across the goal, and he went for the difficult ball, was he as good an option as Roofe was to become as Davis gets near the box?

Could be wrong but Sakala was only on briefly as Davis received the ball, then the defender split pretty quickly. Don’t think he had much choice but would like to see it again

Sakala was in acres of space, all alone breaking at pace which would have led to a 1v1 with their keeper. Davis refused the pass and slowed the game up that allowed Motherwell to get back before eventually being over crowded.

Awful decision making.

It was a more difficult ball that it looked, to get the weight right.

I thought he choose the right option driving straight at their defence but he took 1 or 2 touches too many and should have released the ball earlier.
He chose the right option, then his pass was way too heavy.

Thought he played the right pass it was just poorly executed. He’s a bit off form at the moment, I’m sure RTV said something like he has started 38 in 41 league games so maybe we need to manage his game time better

Even at the end. Arfield had the ball at main stand side edge of the box. Tavernier running at pace into the box with two Motherwell players blocking the space infront of Arfield and the space Tav was running into.

Arfield could have played the ball between the two Motherwell players and Tav would have got a shot away. Instead Arfield went safe, played it down to touchline and Tav slid in and ended up a goal kick.

We are playing too safe.
Saw that as well.. Was totally on to play between them

Pathetic effort from Davis today.Sakala was on his own a couple of times and was looking for ball,only for it to be going down the other side of the pitch and trying to walk it into the net.

Last edited:
He'll have nightmares about that pass, had to go left all day long and then overhit his pass to the right anyway

Indecision comes about because he's doesn't really want to shoot and in the end it's a who can I pass it too decision. All of our midfield naturally don't want to shoot.

Having seen it again on Sportscene he could've played it either left or right.

I will admit, I was a tad upset at that pass haha.
Davis has been brilliant for us since he came back so ill forgive him that one.

The highlights now up on the SPFL YouTube. Really doesn’t cover that pass or choice in glory. Has two of the front three on his left when he eventually overhits it to Kamara who gets a nose bleed near the box. Bizarre bizarre choice.

This has been an issue for a while. It's not just one players.

Kent is bad at this. He's absolutely rapid and he gets 1 on 1 at times and stops and plays it back inside. It's infuriating.

Similar to Thursday, I thought taking the off our best midfielder had a negative effect on the team.

Maybe he was knackered but when he was on the park we were still controlling the game, when he come off it was a disjointed mess and we created %^*& all.

When we were in 3v1 and Davis played a poor pass, that changed the game.

We score that and go 2-0 up it’s game over.
Game changing moment and a massive opportunity missed. It wasnt even a particularly difficult ball and if there was anyone you wouldve wanted to play that perfectly weighted pass it was Davo.

When that went pear shaped you kind of got the feeling things werent going to work out well.

Too many of those moments happening all over the pitch in games currently.

He had an off day overall like a lot of them. One of his high pass backs to McGregor wasn't great either putting him under pressure to get rid too. I honestly think they are struggling with the pressure of the crowds being back and on their case. I watched Tav turn back and put Goldson under pressure who then mispassed back to McGregor too causing a corner and he was going ballistic. You could see their is a definite pressure that they are all feeling and making some out of character mistakes.
You’ve been reading too many newspapers.

To be fair to Davis I was in line and felt that the pass was only on for a split second. The defender did well to put doubt into Davis, that's why he ran with it looking for the overlap. The pass at the end of the run could have been a bit better but it's not easy when you see it in real time.

Hope you've got your tin hat on op, you aren't allowed to criticize Davis on here or the minority of posters will be out with the pitch forks.
Davis has been poor most of the the time he's played this season, same could be said of a few other players that have been average at best Alfredo, tav, borna, Kent, Roofe, lundstram.
The biggest issue with that is despite being poor most weeks the majority know they are autonomic picks the following game.

Unfortunately I see more of that from Davis this season. Completely slows everything down. It’s like the Davis of 2 seasons ago.

I thought he should have had a shot, the way he went in to box I thought it was is on.
Terrible decision making.

Unfortunately I see more of that from Davis this season. Completely slows everything down. It’s like the Davis of 2 seasons ago.
I think he just needs a break. Playing international football is harming him.

apart from the absolute fairy’ism from Simpson, he doesn’t track the midfield runner and gives up for their goal.

Hopefully, Davis rams my words down my throat but this season might be a season too far for him as a top midfielder.

Some of his decisions today were bizarre, his two looping passbacks to McGregor, his ball to Kamara, his shots from outside the box...

Hopefully Jack is back soon though I have my reservations on what level he'll be coming back at.

I think our decision making on the whole in the final 3rd was poor yesterday - we continually kept picking the wrong option when it was on to shoot - we looked for the pass - when it was on to pass we looked to shoot etc - doesn’t help with all the constant changes I would grant you but if we had made better decisions yesterday even once or twice the game would have been dead long before Motherwell equalised.

Similar to Thursday, I thought taking the off our best midfielder had a negative effect on the team.

Maybe he was knackered but when he was on the park we were still controlling the game, when he come off it was a disjointed mess and we created %^*& all.

Davis was the worst player on the park on Thursday...

I would say it is widely accepted this will be Davis and McGregor's last season, I don't think that comment is that controversial, the notion they were simply going to be without any form of fault or show age this season is quite odd.

Davis has been poor the last two games.

One of those passes that I think the replays will show was slightly harder to make than it first appeared.

Not been on form recently, but Davis usually makes the right decision. If he didn't put Sakala through, it's probably because he couldn't.
The opposite of this is true.

However, we move on.

He had an off day overall like a lot of them. One of his high pass backs to McGregor wasn't great either putting him under pressure to get rid too. I honestly think they are struggling with the pressure of the crowds being back and on their case. I watched Tav turn back and put Goldson under pressure who then mispassed back to McGregor too causing a corner and he was going ballistic. You could see their is a definite pressure that they are all feeling and making some out of character mistakes.
Misplaced passes are nothing new for JT so hardly out of character

I would say it is widely accepted this will be Davis and McGregor's last season, I don't think that comment is that controversial, the notion they were simply going to be without any form of fault or show age this season is quite odd.

Davis has been poor the last two games.

I agree but I am not sure if the manager will take him out on Wednesday.

in my head I would take him out and play Lundstram in that role - which sounds good but I don't know how it will work in practice as Davis is the orchestrator of so many of our attacks with cross field balls to full backs / balls between the lines to the front 3.

Back