When did we last have an incorrect game changing decision go in our favour?

Fergie90

I wish these decisions would piss the players off and give them a bit of fire.

They just take them and walk off then the manager doesnt mention it.

Unfortunately I think it will continue and Gerrard will be off at the end of the season. So frustrating as we can beat every team in this league with relative ease over a season but not when it really matters.

Drumchapel-Bear

The Tim's have had about 6 or 7 pens since we last got a penalty as well. These things all even themselves out though eh.....

I'd have laughed at any notion of referees bias a few years ago and labelled people loonballs but some of the decisions against us in recent seasons, from Clancy in particular, go way beyond the point of incompetence.

cooprfc

2nd half when McLaughlin made a save in the six yard box and the ball is bobbling about one of their players got pulled to the ground by the arm. Can't remember which of our players done it but it's clear in the replay.

I assume you were just called John until the game yesterday?

Never a penalty ffs. But this will grow arms and legs as a way of evening out that decision.

ICA_86

Until we’re savvy/brave/clever enough to stand up and point fingers, we deserve it.

I can’t believe it’s happened again and we’ve not said a thing about it.

Bknowe

We have been on the wrong end of so many Game Changing decisions since we were promoted and it's steadily got worse as we sign better players.

steniebear

I have now come to the point where i had to stop going on about decisions against us because all of us on here and social media going on about it make no difference at all

The silence from the club allows every ref the chance to give any marginal decisions against us knowing there will be no repercussions.

We had an open goal last December with Clancy at parkhead and we should have finished his ref career right there and then. We should have demanded that he cannot ref a Rangers game and probably a Celtic game either as he is unable to show neutrality It was that blatant. Every other ref would have thought twice giving dodgy decisions against us.

If the club cant be bothered sticking up for the players and the fans then what chance do you have.

Miyagi

It’s fine margins with the cheating that is hardest to overcome.

That lot go there today, Hibs don’t get allowed to kick their players unpunished, the flag goes up at the offside goal and last minute winner is given.

It’s why I get annoyed when folk say we just need to overcome it, no team in world football is at their best every game but the nature of the officiating in Scotland makes it very difficult when we’re not firing on all cylinders. Conversely, they get a little ‘help’ when they’re struggling in a match.
This is it right here.

MelbourneBear

When was the last time the Scum lost points by a wrong decision, I think we would all know because they would make more than enough noise about over to you SG.

Haven't read the whole thread so someone else may have said it already - every time the scum have lost it's because of a wrong decision. Get with the program, BA! ;)

PunkScott

Haven't read the whole thread so someone else may have said it already - every time the scum have lost it's because of a wrong decision. Get with the program, BA! ;)

It won't be me doing it, but it would be interesting to see how many games they have lost during 8 and a vote and the headlines the next day.

bluelacoste

2nd half when McLaughlin made a save in the six yard box and the ball is bobbling about one of their players got pulled to the ground by the arm. Can't remember which of our players done it but it's clear in the replay.
FFS, their player stood and looked to see where our defender was and waited for the touch coming in instead of trying to win the ball.

If the ref had given that as a penalty then the game would have finally been finished for Rangers as a team.

Thornliebank_Bear

The Tim's have had about 6 or 7 pens since we last got a penalty as well. These things all even themselves out though eh.....

I'd have laughed at any notion of referees bias a few years ago and labelled people loonballs but some of the decisions against us in recent seasons, from Clancy in particular, go way beyond the point of incompetence.

You must have missed Craig Thomsons time as a top ref and the last 10 years of Madden doing our games because its nothing knew, our refs have been cheating Rangers for years.

Its worse now as they have obviously used our time outside of the top league to get their guys in important positions and also have complete control of the media so any cheating is ignored... the bias has now spread right though refereeing these guys wont last long at the top without it, John Beaton pretty admitted being a top ref today is all about survival.

I think to focus on Clancy is a huge mistake its a trap so our enemies can bring his religion into it, hes not doing something other refs don't hes following orders from the top.

BIG JAI

I wish these decisions would piss the players off and give them a bit of fire.

They just take them and walk off then the manager doesnt mention it.

Unfortunately I think it will continue and Gerrard will be off at the end of the season. So frustrating as we can beat every team in this league with relative ease over a season but not when it really matters.
that just harks back to them not having the bottle for the title

Bluenose Whistler

Heaton should be congratulated he managed to give the away team at Pittodrie a penalty kick yesterday now if only he could have done that last December.

aayjay

But in big games - cup finals, league deciders, Old Firm games - absolutely never in my lifetime have Rangers got a favourable, game-changing decision.
There was a Hartson goal wrongly ruled offside in a league cup final if I remember correctly but that was a long long time ago !

dt17

A mate of mine.....

The turning point for me was the Beaton game against Hibs at Ibrox. They won 3-2 and it was the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. Clancy ran him close last season mind you.

cullybear

We got an incorrect throw in against the mhanks a few seasons ago that we then went up the pitch and scored from. They went on about it for months.

Spudgun

%^*& incorrect decisions going our way. I just want the correct decisions made.

Embarrassing.
I think you’re missing the point. If incorrect decisions are just “honest mistakes“ then statistically we should benefit from them roughly as much as we lose out.

The fact that we don’t get anywhere near this can only lead to one conclusion.

Leopold

But in big games - cup finals, league deciders, Old Firm games - absolutely never in my lifetime have Rangers got a favourable, game-changing decision.
Only two spring to mind and one was over two decades ago, and they still bit up.

Cadete offside and Broadfoot diving at the Piggery to win a penalty - they still bang on about that one too.

Aww Skew

Why do people lie like this? Total hyperbole.

Remember Weir tripping Maloney in the box at Ibrox, no penalty given. Broadfoot diving for a penalty at Parkhead in the 3-1 game. That’s 2 off the top of my head

It’s hard to have a serious discussion without people posting absolute nonsense

gordon_blue

They will argue that the penalty in the 1986 League Cup Final, and the one in the 1999 League decider game were "soft" even though they were genuine penalties. And Amoruso's chest/handball in the 1999 Cup final (which clearly wasn't).

And guess what? The referee who gave these decisions got hounded out of his job!

Jonathan E

Remember Weir tripping Maloney in the box at Ibrox, no penalty given. Broadfoot diving for a penalty at Parkhead in the 3-1 game. That’s 2 off the top of my head

It's not lying.

Maybe a slight exaggeration for effect but the point still stands. I have no memory of David Were tripping Maloney. As for Broadfoot - that was a clear penalty. He might have 'exaggerated for effect' but it was a foul and not a dive.

Brick_Top

Official Ticketer
They still go on about the Cadete offside call at Ibrox from 24 years ago ffs.

That tells you all you need to know about more recent times.

There are at least a dozen examples of officials directly costing us points or cup games in the last 4 years.

Then there are the numerous other examples like last Sunday and the filth game in in December where we manage to win in spite of them.

It is now gross negligence from the club.

Brick_Top

Official Ticketer
It's not lying.

Maybe a slight exaggeration for effect but the point still stands. I have no memory of David Were tripping Maloney. As for Broadfoot - that was a clear penalty. He might have 'exaggerated for effect' but it was a foul and not a dive.

Found the Broadfoot dive reference a bit strange myself.

Aww Skew

Found the Broadfoot dive reference a bit strange myself.

It was an extremely soft penalty that was given by the ref (collum if I remember correctly) without actually seeing it.

Do I care he dived? No. Did we benefit from it? Yes. But to say we’ve never benefitted is hyperbole and it’s hard to have reasoned discussions with anyone who genuinely believes we’ve never benefitted from a big decision.

Tagsbear

The ref Thomson came out and publicly apologised to Celtic for the Weir incident, when does that happen after bad decisions against Rangers?

Broadfoot never dived that’s a nonsense lie, even they don’t claim that, their gripe on that is that Collum didn’t see it.

Aww Skew

The ref Thomson came out and publicly apologised to Celtic for the Weir incident, when does that happen after bad decisions against Rangers?

Broadfoot never dived that’s a nonsense lie, even they don’t claim that, their gripe on that is that Collum didn’t see it.

Re the first point, I’d agree with you but that’s not what the guy said I was responding to, he said we never benefit from decisions in big games - that’s an example of one we definitely did benefit from, no?

Second point, I still maintain he went down far too easily and exaggerated the fall = a dive. The fact the ref didn’t actually see it either further proves we’ve benefited from decisions

This narrative some of our fans try and portray is embarrassing

GazzaG

Official Ticketer
It was an extremely soft penalty that was given by the ref (collum if I remember correctly) without actually seeing it.

Do I care he dived? No. Did we benefit from it? Yes. But to say we’ve never benefitted is hyperbole and it’s hard to have reasoned discussions with anyone who genuinely believes we’ve never benefitted from a big decision.
Why are you accusing others of lying when a simple google search shows Collum was looking right at Mahstorovic pushing Broadfoot?

Harrogate Bluenose

think we got a penalty at st mirren. we were winning the game easily so it was not decisive. And if i remember right the ref was dallas. Due to the fact we got a record of penaltys that day we got tabloids running stories of how many penaltys we have had. And hoe ONE was very soft!

cue the last time we got a penalty was motherwell Ibrox this time last year in premiership.

Meanwhile that lot have had 6 and they have been points winning ones.

Brick_Top

Official Ticketer

Agree regarding the statement saying that we have never benefitted.

The last 4 years however we have been absolutely shafted by officials whilst they get everything going.

Referees are absolutely petrified of them and get an easy life by ruling against us.

Aww Skew

Why are you accusing others of lying when a simple google search shows Collum was looking right at Mahstorovic pushing Broadfoot?

You’re joking, right? He literally had his back to it

I’ve just watched a clip on the Archives FB page and maintain it’s a soft penalty

change consent