When did we last have an incorrect game changing decision go in our favour?

It’s fine margins with the cheating that is hardest to overcome.

That lot go there today, Hibs don’t get allowed to kick their players unpunished, the flag goes up at the offside goal and last minute winner is given.

It’s why I get annoyed when folk say we just need to overcome it, no team in world football is at their best every game but the nature of the officiating in Scotland makes it very difficult when we’re not firing on all cylinders. Conversely, they get a little ‘help’ when they’re struggling in a match.
This is it right here.

When was the last time the Scum lost points by a wrong decision, I think we would all know because they would make more than enough noise about over to you SG.

Haven't read the whole thread so someone else may have said it already - every time the scum have lost it's because of a wrong decision. Get with the program, BA! ;)

Haven't read the whole thread so someone else may have said it already - every time the scum have lost it's because of a wrong decision. Get with the program, BA! ;)

It won't be me doing it, but it would be interesting to see how many games they have lost during 8 and a vote and the headlines the next day.

2nd half when McLaughlin made a save in the six yard box and the ball is bobbling about one of their players got pulled to the ground by the arm. Can't remember which of our players done it but it's clear in the replay.
FFS, their player stood and looked to see where our defender was and waited for the touch coming in instead of trying to win the ball.

If the ref had given that as a penalty then the game would have finally been finished for Rangers as a team.

The Tim's have had about 6 or 7 pens since we last got a penalty as well. These things all even themselves out though eh.....

I'd have laughed at any notion of referees bias a few years ago and labelled people loonballs but some of the decisions against us in recent seasons, from Clancy in particular, go way beyond the point of incompetence.

You must have missed Craig Thomsons time as a top ref and the last 10 years of Madden doing our games because its nothing knew, our refs have been cheating Rangers for years.

Its worse now as they have obviously used our time outside of the top league to get their guys in important positions and also have complete control of the media so any cheating is ignored... the bias has now spread right though refereeing these guys wont last long at the top without it, John Beaton pretty admitted being a top ref today is all about survival.

I think to focus on Clancy is a huge mistake its a trap so our enemies can bring his religion into it, hes not doing something other refs don't hes following orders from the top.

I wish these decisions would piss the players off and give them a bit of fire.

They just take them and walk off then the manager doesnt mention it.

Unfortunately I think it will continue and Gerrard will be off at the end of the season. So frustrating as we can beat every team in this league with relative ease over a season but not when it really matters.
that just harks back to them not having the bottle for the title

Heaton should be congratulated he managed to give the away team at Pittodrie a penalty kick yesterday now if only he could have done that last December.

But in big games - cup finals, league deciders, Old Firm games - absolutely never in my lifetime have Rangers got a favourable, game-changing decision.
There was a Hartson goal wrongly ruled offside in a league cup final if I remember correctly but that was a long long time ago !

The Tim's have had about 6 or 7 pens since we last got a penalty as well. These things all even themselves out though eh.....

I'd have laughed at any notion of referees bias a few years ago and labelled people loonballs but some of the decisions against us in recent seasons, from Clancy in particular, go way beyond the point of incompetence.

The turning point for me was the Beaton game against Hibs at Ibrox. They won 3-2 and it was the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. Clancy ran him close last season mind you.

We got an incorrect throw in against the mhanks a few seasons ago that we then went up the pitch and scored from. They went on about it for months.

%^*& incorrect decisions going our way. I just want the correct decisions made.

Embarrassing.
I think you’re missing the point. If incorrect decisions are just “honest mistakes“ then statistically we should benefit from them roughly as much as we lose out.

The fact that we don’t get anywhere near this can only lead to one conclusion.

But in big games - cup finals, league deciders, Old Firm games - absolutely never in my lifetime have Rangers got a favourable, game-changing decision.
Only two spring to mind and one was over two decades ago, and they still bit up.

Cadete offside and Broadfoot diving at the Piggery to win a penalty - they still bang on about that one too.

Why do people lie like this? Total hyperbole.

Remember Weir tripping Maloney in the box at Ibrox, no penalty given. Broadfoot diving for a penalty at Parkhead in the 3-1 game. That’s 2 off the top of my head

It’s hard to have a serious discussion without people posting absolute nonsense

They will argue that the penalty in the 1986 League Cup Final, and the one in the 1999 League decider game were "soft" even though they were genuine penalties. And Amoruso's chest/handball in the 1999 Cup final (which clearly wasn't).

And guess what? The referee who gave these decisions got hounded out of his job!

Remember Weir tripping Maloney in the box at Ibrox, no penalty given. Broadfoot diving for a penalty at Parkhead in the 3-1 game. That’s 2 off the top of my head

It's not lying.

Maybe a slight exaggeration for effect but the point still stands. I have no memory of David Were tripping Maloney. As for Broadfoot - that was a clear penalty. He might have 'exaggerated for effect' but it was a foul and not a dive.

They still go on about the Cadete offside call at Ibrox from 24 years ago ffs.

That tells you all you need to know about more recent times.

There are at least a dozen examples of officials directly costing us points or cup games in the last 4 years.

Then there are the numerous other examples like last Sunday and the filth game in in December where we manage to win in spite of them.

It is now gross negligence from the club.

It's not lying.

Maybe a slight exaggeration for effect but the point still stands. I have no memory of David Were tripping Maloney. As for Broadfoot - that was a clear penalty. He might have 'exaggerated for effect' but it was a foul and not a dive.

Found the Broadfoot dive reference a bit strange myself.

Found the Broadfoot dive reference a bit strange myself.

It was an extremely soft penalty that was given by the ref (collum if I remember correctly) without actually seeing it.

Do I care he dived? No. Did we benefit from it? Yes. But to say we’ve never benefitted is hyperbole and it’s hard to have reasoned discussions with anyone who genuinely believes we’ve never benefitted from a big decision.

The ref Thomson came out and publicly apologised to Celtic for the Weir incident, when does that happen after bad decisions against Rangers?

Broadfoot never dived that’s a nonsense lie, even they don’t claim that, their gripe on that is that Collum didn’t see it.

The ref Thomson came out and publicly apologised to Celtic for the Weir incident, when does that happen after bad decisions against Rangers?

Broadfoot never dived that’s a nonsense lie, even they don’t claim that, their gripe on that is that Collum didn’t see it.

Re the first point, I’d agree with you but that’s not what the guy said I was responding to, he said we never benefit from decisions in big games - that’s an example of one we definitely did benefit from, no?

Second point, I still maintain he went down far too easily and exaggerated the fall = a dive. The fact the ref didn’t actually see it either further proves we’ve benefited from decisions

This narrative some of our fans try and portray is embarrassing

It was an extremely soft penalty that was given by the ref (collum if I remember correctly) without actually seeing it.

Do I care he dived? No. Did we benefit from it? Yes. But to say we’ve never benefitted is hyperbole and it’s hard to have reasoned discussions with anyone who genuinely believes we’ve never benefitted from a big decision.
Why are you accusing others of lying when a simple google search shows Collum was looking right at Mahstorovic pushing Broadfoot?

think we got a penalty at st mirren. we were winning the game easily so it was not decisive. And if i remember right the ref was dallas. Due to the fact we got a record of penaltys that day we got tabloids running stories of how many penaltys we have had. And hoe ONE was very soft!

cue the last time we got a penalty was motherwell Ibrox this time last year in premiership.

Meanwhile that lot have had 6 and they have been points winning ones.

Agree regarding the statement saying that we have never benefitted.

The last 4 years however we have been absolutely shafted by officials whilst they get everything going.

Referees are absolutely petrified of them and get an easy life by ruling against us.

Why are you accusing others of lying when a simple google search shows Collum was looking right at Mahstorovic pushing Broadfoot?

You’re joking, right? He literally had his back to it

I’ve just watched a clip on the Archives FB page and maintain it’s a soft penalty

We re just looking to be treated fairly not getting favours, week in week out we re seeing a common theme, the manky mob getting offside goals, getting dodgie free kicks that lead to goals,they foul opposition player on lead up to a goal and getting penalties ryt left n centre!! Opposite team not getting penalties against them etc etc!!
Where as us we don’t get the benefit of doubt wen a player is completely blocked and he receives the booking for dare question why he never got a foul. fouls end up goals, offside goals, player getting chopped, elbowed!! the opposition always get the benefit of doubt. If refs followed the letter of the law more often than not we would be playing against 8/9 men. But they’re only to happy to book our players for next to nothing.
a mean the most attacking team in the league has not had a penally in a year where as the other lot sit top of the table what does that tell you!!

Only two spring to mind and one was over two decades ago, and they still bit up.

Cadete offside and Broadfoot diving at the Piggery to win a penalty - they still bang on about that one too.
Came on to mention the Cadete one. Some finish as well LOL. Never seen Walter Smith celebrate as wildly when the 3rd goes in.

I'll ask again, why are you accusing others of lying?

As for it being a soft penalty? It's a foul.
Anywhere else on the pitch, a free kick is given.

Go and watch the video, broadfoots already going down in that still frame.

We both know that theory isn’t applied in practice; how many soft free kicks are given in the middle of the park that wouldn’t be penalised if it happened in the box? You know full well that’s the case so it’s a weak argument

Go and watch the video, broadfoots already going down in that still frame.

We both know that theory isn’t applied in practice; how many soft free kicks are given in the middle of the park that wouldn’t be penalised if it happened in the box? You know full well that’s the case so it’s a weak argument
It was a foul in the box with the referee looking at a two handed push!

You actually made a good point earlier with the Maloney one which was an absolute stonewaller, but trying to play this one down, never mind saying the ref didn't see it is mad.

I've given you proof that Collum is looking at the point Majstorovic makes contact, if you choose to deny it there's no point in continuing this.

The only one I remember against them recently is the in the 1-1 at Parkhead. A few minutes after Clint Hill scored, he took down Griffiths last man and got away with it.

Re the first point, I’d agree with you but that’s not what the guy said I was responding to, he said we never benefit from decisions in big games - that’s an example of one we definitely did benefit from, no?

Second point, I still maintain he went down far too easily and exaggerated the fall = a dive. The fact the ref didn’t actually see it either further proves we’ve benefited from decisions

This narrative some of our fans try and portray is embarrassing

Mate you're citing incidents from a decade ago, which proves the OP correct not wrong, since coming back to the top league you could count on one hand us getting game changing decisions that won us a game, but would run out of fingers and toes with those that have went against us that cost us 3 points and also a cup final.

broadfoot didnt dive and it was, according to them, that collum didnt see it when replays showed he did. Just mentally challengeds ignoring facts as always.

Mate you're citing incidents from a decade ago, which proves the OP correct not wrong, since coming back to the top league you could count on one hand us getting game changing decisions that won us a game, but would run out of fingers and toes with those that have went against us that cost us 3 points and also a cup final.

His exact post was we’ve never benefitted from decisions. That was hyperbole and you see messages of that ilk regularly

Last time I can remember was when Davy Weir, downed the Mic in our penalty box and they got zilch, how many years back is that?

Back to the original point, I remember very few in the last five years. Morelos at Hearts a few seasons ago was very marginally offside, Goldson against Hamilton last year.

Otherwise, on the flip side, in every match this season we are on the wrong side of ridiculous decisions. Penalties not given, thugs given free reign to slice our players legs, elbow and forearm smash, rake achilles tendons, stamp on feet and ankles without any fear whatsoever of receiving the correct punishment. Offside goals not called, Morelos booked as soon as he complains about the thuggery, ridiculously small amounts of time added on when we need a goal despite the opposition booting the ball into the stand and not having other balls available.

It really is never ending, and we are not even a quarter of the season gone.

Back