When did we stop the scum from having the West Enclosure

They also had the Govan and broomloan stands for a cup game in the 90’s where my profile was sent of for a stupid foul and Hateley scored the winner in a 1-0 win if I can remember correctly. We had to be moved into the Copland that night and it was vile to see them having half the stadium
Was this not a cup game where they had the Govan and broomloan stands when Walter has a couple of goes at the coin toss to decide where the game would be played- we lost the first coin toss and Walter said that was only to see who got to call first, then we won the second coin toss to play the game at Ibrox - anyway if memory serves me huistra was sent off for a fresh air kick with the nearest scum players about 6 feet away

Despite the lies pushed by the press, Celtic cut our capacity first. It took our board years to finally put things right thanks to Papasmurf on here.
When exactly are you referring to please?

We must have got more tickets at their place post 1989 than they did at Ibrox. Post 1989, they were getting the Broomie only so around 7.5k tickets, whilst we were getting the whole “Rangers end” of Parkhead.

I’d suggest we were getting more tickets than them from more or less the redevelopment of Ibrox, certainly once we stopped giving them any of the Govan.

From roughly 1983-89 they were getting Broomie, West Enclosure and some Main Stand seats. We were getting Rangers End plus some seats in their stand. We must have been getting close to 19k tickets.

Ibrox held 44k. We had one end, they had the other. We had all the Govan plus at least 50% of the Enclosures and Main Stand

I can remember in the early 80s when we were really bad they had the Broomloan, the West Eclosure, a few sections in the main stand and even a couple of sections in the Govan, horrible to see!

We must have got more tickets at their place post 1989 than they did at Ibrox. Post 1989, they were getting the Broomie only so around 7.5k tickets, whilst we were getting the whole “Rangers end” of Parkhead.

I’d suggest we were getting more tickets than them from more or less the redevelopment of Ibrox, certainly once we stopped giving them any of the Govan.

From roughly 1983-89 they were getting Broomie, West Enclosure and some Main Stand seats. We were getting Rangers End plus some seats in their stand. We must have been getting close to 19k tickets.

Ibrox held 44k. We had one end, they had the other. We had all the Govan plus at least 50% of the Enclosures and Main Stand

I think they were more than happy to give us the whole Rangers end, they'd have struggled to sell any more than the 40,000 their own fans got, we still got that whole end right up until 94.

Used to get Broomloan, West Enclosure and part of the Main Stand once Ibrox had been redeveloped until 1988/89 season, also on a couple of occasions got a section of the Govan

Before that it was the old Broomloan terracing , part of the Centenary Stand/previous standing area - did they get part of the Main Stand and West Enclosure as well?

I believe they did.

They also had the Govan and broomloan stands for a cup game in the 90’s where my profile was sent of for a stupid foul and Hateley scored the winner in a 1-0 win if I can remember correctly. We had to be moved into the Copland that night and it was vile to see them having half the stadium

The same as we had at the piggery when Albertz and McCoist scored in the SC Semi Final.

It was a 50/50 split.

We had the whole of their Main Stand and the whole East Stand behind the goal.

I’m 54 and can’t remember ever getting 1/3 of the main stand we probably got a 1/6 of the main stand if we were lucky
I'm slightly older than you and have the same memory. I think we got the first section or so. I got tickets for their main stand early 80's front row, the game we were up 3-2 after 20 mins. The view was pish, you were that low down you couldn't see below the players knees on the far touchline due to the curviture of the pitch.

These photos show the amount of seats they used to get in the Govan Stand, as well as West Enclosure.

I think they only got Govan Stand tickets when we couldn't sell it out.

I think this was possibly towards the end of Greig's tenure as manager?

I think they only got Govan Stand tickets when we couldn't sell it out.

I think this was possibly towards the end of Greig's tenure as manager?
I remember them always getting a section of the new Govan Stand, they never got any seats in the Centenary Stand, that would have been hard to segregate perhaps. Although even after the Ibrox disaster they got almost half the old shed, as you can see from here after Rangers equalise. Don’t know why there wasn’t wholesale riots with minimal segregation.

I remember them always getting a section of the new Govan Stand, they never got any seats in the Centenary Stand, that would have been hard to segregate perhaps. Although even after the Ibrox disaster they got almost half the old shed, as you can see from here after Rangers equalise. Don’t know why there wasn’t wholesale riots with minimal segregation.

I think they got tickets in the old Centenary stand for certain games mate.

I've definitely seen YouTube footage of games with them having about 25%/30% of the Centenary Stand.

we had the west enclosure that night that's where I was with my brother

Back in the 60s and before all seater stadiums we both had roughly 50/50 at each other’s grounds and at Hampden. This all changed in the 70s

Back in the 60s and before all seater stadiums we both had roughly 50/50 at each other’s grounds and at Hampden. This all changed in the 70s

Correct. My point about them cutting our allocation first relates to them deciding to keep 52k tickets for themselves at the piggery. Before that we had an area behind the goals, although not the full 'Rangers' end'. Likewise they had the full 'Celtic end' at Ibrox (Broomloan Stand).

They then cut our allocation and stuck us in an insignificant corner. Id imagine they thought they'd get away with it by arguing that they gave us the same number of tickets that we gave them. The difference is our ground held just 44k. Theirs held 60k. That means we had around 36k seats at Ibrox for our fans while they had around 52k for theirs at the piggery.

Dont be fooled by these rhats. They started this shit. If Ibrox was rebuilt and held 80k would they be happy with 8k tickets in a shity little corner while we kept 72k for ourselves?

I'm slightly older than you and have the same memory. I think we got the first section or so. I got tickets for their main stand early 80's front row, the game we were up 3-2 after 20 mins. The view was pish, you were that low down you couldn't see below the players knees on the far touchline due to the curviture of the pitch.
I sat in the Rangers part of the stand on a couple of occasions latterly in Aug 1985. Granted the sightlines weren’t the best as it was quite low down but it gave a tremendous view of the banner unfurled by the Bears

When Ibrox was rebuilt capacity was cut to 44k. Rangers couldnt realistically give them half of that. We had no choice as our own fans couldnt get tickets so we eventually moved to a situation where they had what effectively was the 'away end'.

When Celtic rebuilt Parkhead we had most, though not all, of the traditional 'away end'. They suddenly, and unilaterally, put a stop to this. I don't know when this happened but I do remember being in the away end at Parkhead and being in the rear section nearest where the Green Brigade are.

My issue is they cut our allocation when there was no need. They claimed it was because of the demand for ST and they obviously thought we'd accept 8k tickets as that's all they got at Ibrox.

That was when Ibrox was used as a neutral venue. I was in the West Enclosure that night distressed that some rabid was on my seat in the Govan. I remember loads of people around me cleaning their seats for our next home game afterwards.

The same as we had at the piggery when Albertz and McCoist scored in the SC Semi Final.

It was a 50/50 split.

We had the whole of their Main Stand and the whole East Stand behind the goal.

Was in the main stand that day. I think Rangers were the ‘home’ team too.

That was the last match against them at that hovel I went to.

I think they got tickets in the old Centenary stand for certain games mate.

I've definitely seen YouTube footage of games with them having about 25%/30% of the Centenary Stand.
Ashamed to admit I got huckled for going to argue with one of them in the centenary stand, which was unsegregated apart from a couple of cops watching.
I say huckled but the cop let me go once we got out the back of the stand.

When Ibrox was rebuilt capacity was cut to 44k. Rangers couldnt realistically give them half of that. We had no choice as our own fans couldnt get tickets so we eventually moved to a situation where they had what effectively was the 'away end'.

When Celtic rebuilt Parkhead we had most, though not all, of the traditional 'away end'. They suddenly, and unilaterally, put a stop to this. I don't know when this happened but I do remember being in the away end at Parkhead and being in the rear section nearest where the Green Brigade are.

My issue is they cut our allocation when there was no need. They claimed it was because of the demand for ST and they obviously thought we'd accept 8k tickets as that's all they got at Ibrox.
The rebuild of Ibrox was finished in 1981. Between then and Souness coming, you’d struggle to find any league game (other than against Celtic) when the capacity was under serious threat. Indeed, I believe sections of the Govan were given over to them because we couldn’t sell all the tickets - you can see this on tv coverage of the May 1983 game, you could pay on the day and you can see our support in the Govan being moved towards the Copland to accommodate more of their fans.

I agree that when Parkhead first re-opened we had the bulk of the away end. However, if I recall correctly that was before both tiers of the away end had been built - it only held 35k when they first moved back in 1995.

Having all the away end at Parkhead had certainly finished by May 1999, you can see McCann quickly reeling away from their fans when he makes it 3-0.

I don’t get what you mean by “they cut our allocation when there was no need.” I don’t recall any games since 1995 when their ground wasn’t full against us.

It must have been around 88/89 season, as I applied for my first season ticket and got a seat in the West enclosure. I thought they had made a mistake, but it was legit.

I was in there when MoJo got the last minute winner. I think that was the first season.
That was the first game they were lobbed out (4/11/1989).
Copland front (red) that day, can still picture Bonner going phuckin nuts at everycunt in the madness after the goal!!

The rebuild of Ibrox was finished in 1981. Between then and Souness coming, you’d struggle to find any league game (other than against Celtic) when the capacity was under serious threat. Indeed, I believe sections of the Govan were given over to them because we couldn’t sell all the tickets - you can see this on tv coverage of the May 1983 game, you could pay on the day and you can see our support in the Govan being moved towards the Copland to accommodate more of their fans.

I agree that when Parkhead first re-opened we had the bulk of the away end. However, if I recall correctly that was before both tiers of the away end had been built - it only held 35k when they first moved back in 1995.

Having all the away end at Parkhead had certainly finished by May 1999, you can see McCann quickly reeling away from their fans when he makes it 3-0.

I don’t get what you mean by “they cut our allocation when there was no need.” I don’t recall any games since 1995 when their ground wasn’t full against us.

I was able to get 50 tickets to run a bus to the game in 1984 I think, when Bobby Williamson scored the winner. We weren't even a supporters club.

I mean they could have given us the area behind the goals and they'd still have had more seats for their fans than we had for ours at Ibrox. They kept 52k tickets at Parkhead and we had around 42k at Ibrox.

They could easily have continued to give us the away end just as we gave them the away end at Ibrox.

You seem determined to prove that we caused the problem.

I mean they could have given us the area behind the goals and they'd still have had more seats for their fans than we had for ours at Ibrox. They kept 52k tickets at Parkhead and we had around 42k at Ibrox.

They could easily have continued to give us the away end just as we gave them the away end at Ibrox.

You seem determined to prove that we caused the problem.
I’m fully behind the clubs decision to cut their allocation. We’d be mad to turn away people wanting to buy season tickets just so we could give more tickets to Celtic - clearly the appeal of a season ticket invalid for Celtic games is a lot less.

I’m not sure there is any problem. We’ve simply put our supporters first.

Reactions: TQ3
Back