When does £1million not equal £1million?

Seville calculator still firing on full power. Mhedia continually trying to big the fees up pandering to the stinking fans. What’s happened to the “cash rich” club? Not heard that saying out of auld knew Keevins Nasal passage for a while have we?

His hair moved more than the rest of him.
He just does not look like a goalie.
Be interesting to see how he does if a ball is floated toward him and 4/5 big lads clatter into him at a corner.
When do they play Aberdoom again :)

He makes himself look really small somehow. He’s 6 ft 5 believe it or not.

In the summer Barkas was £6million according to the start of this video with the clip from the summer phone call

Around 49s into the same video when they splice in the updated, more recent call he's a £5million pound goalkeeper

Just yesterday the BBC reported he was £4.5mil.

By the end of the season they'll be reporting he was a free signing to spare their blushes in the transfer market.

Same with Greg Taylor I believe, transfer fee cut by a third once they realised he was pish. Suddenly a £3million pound signing became 2.

Seems that Seville calculator works in reverse!
They tell lies
Even their Tierney sale is bullshit

Greg Taylor seems to have went from playing every week to not getting a look in, which is nice :)
It's baffling to me why their fans love Laxalt so much and think Taylor is poor. Anytime I've seen Taylor for Scotland, he's looked pretty good and done well. Taylor actually has a half decent cross on him and has more assists than Laxalt and Frimpong combined this season. Laxalt's has one assist this season and it was for Ross countys second goal at the weekend.

skysports-celtic-nick-hammond_4806767-702x432.jpg

Thanks to this absolute diddy, They tried to copy us and brought in this reject.

Another pay off that will be needed.

We are so far ahead in so many areas it's glorious.
I think we as Rangers fans should all unite and praise the absolutely wonderful job Nick Hammond has done, in taking the scum backwards and wasting millions and millions of pounds on utter shite.

The best thing about it is, they are either stuck with him in the summer or they get an appointment in that doesn't have the time to scout and find targets.

Some of the money they have wasted is laughable did they not spend £3m on that klimala guy and £3m on kouassi and he never kicked a ball for them ,dont know what they paid for soro and hes never played either
Not being facetious. I don’t remember Kouassi at all. Only know Soro because I see his name on here all the time as an example of their inept transfer dealings.

Well, TM give you the info they have. It looks like Milan usually got 500k from italian clubs. Rumours are that if there's a buy-option included, Milan wanted a fixed 9m for the permanent deal. Rumours ...
£9mil for an ill disciplined (tactically naive) guy with work rate and no end product

It's baffling to me why their fans love Laxalt so much and think Taylor is poor. Anytime I've seen Taylor for Scotland, he's looked pretty good and done well. Taylor actually has a half decent cross on him and has more assists than Laxalt and Frimpong combined this season. Laxalt's has one assist this season and it was for Ross countys second goal at the weekend.
They discovered Taylor is 'not Celtc minded'.

I think we as Rangers fans should all unite and praise the absolutely wonderful job Nick Hammond has done, in taking the scum backwards and wasting millions and millions of pounds on utter shite.

The best thing about it is, they are either stuck with him in the summer or they get an appointment in that doesn't have the time to scout and find targets.

its been going on for years
the likes of Pukki and Bangura coming in for £3m then being released
CL football saved them back then
it isn't there now

its been going on for years
the likes of Pukki and Bangura coming in for £3m then being released
CL football saved them back then
it isn't there now
The thing is though, they were still signing a decent player here and there back then. Who they'd move on for decent profit.

Since Hammond came in their best signings have been Julien and Limpdong. Ones a 7 million pound shitebag (who's 28 before the end of the season) and the other is an athlete with no footballing brain. They haven't signed anyone who could make them any decent money since appointing Hammond.

In that same time frame we have spent 10-15 million less and brought in guys like Roofe, Kent and Aribo. Players who could all easily make 8 figure sales

The thing is though, they were still signing a decent player here and there back then. Who they'd move on for decent profit.

Since Hammond came in their best signings have been Julien and Limpdong. Ones a 7 million pound shitebag (who's 28 before the end of the season) and the other is an athlete with no footballing brain. They haven't signed anyone who could make them any decent money since appointing Hammond.

In that same time frame we have spent 10-15 million less and brought in guys like Roofe, Kent and Aribo. Players who could all easily make 8 figure sales

v true

the list of dross they've spent serious money for (in Scottish terms) is eye watering

Before you even talk about managers, recruitment of the correct personnel is the most important ingredient for success. Since Rogers left, they have really went backwards. The 'model' of selling players after a few years we hear so much about demands a successful, winning team. Almost instantly, Celtic's assets are unsellable. Before the season, Ajer, Edouard and Julian were being touted as 20 million pound players. Now... I genuinely don't think you'd get 15 million combined. They have a much higher cost base than us, no real sellable assets and with reported unrest in the camp, a need to rebuild. One thing though... We absolutely MUST win the league this year.

Where did the St Mirren keeper we were linked with end up? I thought he was cert to go to one of the OF teams

FFS and many (including himself) seemed to think he was a cert to come here.
He’ll be on good money there, I would happily have taken him as backup but I did not think we’d sign a keeper of Jon McLaughlin’s calibre in his place! We definitely got the better keeper

Before you even talk about managers, recruitment of the correct personnel is the most important ingredient for success. Since Rogers left, they have really went backwards. The 'model' of selling players after a few years we hear so much about demands a successful, winning team. Almost instantly, Celtic's assets are unsellable. Before the season, Ajer, Edouard and Julian were being touted as 20 million pound players. Now... I genuinely don't think you'd get 15 million combined. They have a much higher cost base than us, no real sellable assets and with reported unrest in the camp, a need to rebuild. One thing though... We absolutely MUST win the league this year.
Is me Julie one of the guys in his last 18 month too

Greg Taylor seems to have went from playing every week to not getting a look in, which is nice :)

They signing Bongoli summer of 2019 for £3m
realise he is utterly pish
splash out £2.2m on Taylor in the same window - £5.2m on left backs

this summer they go out and spend (guessing £1m) to loan Laxalt with an option to buy reportedly in place

now up at £6.2m + high wages for three dud LBs

utter madness

this summer they go out and spend (guessing £1m) to loan Laxalt with an option to buy reportedly in place

utter madness
Seem to recall this being a long running saga, when they had the likes of Edson Braffhied, some Moroccan sounding guy, vidar riseth, Stephan Mahe.

They finally get a decent one and punt him after 5 minutes. Hilarious stuff.

Seem to recall this being a long running saga, when they had the likes of Edson Braffhied, some Moroccan sounding guy, vidar riseth, Stephan Mahe.

They finally get a decent one and punt him after 5 minutes. Hilarious stuff.

think they did the same at RB
signed the Israeli, then brought in Bauer at the end of the window + Pingpong

then at GK they know Forster is only a loan - leave themselves only the dire Bain as their only 1st team keeper & have to scramble to pay over the odds for a donkey

we know Fod was leaving - go out and secure an experienced understudy international early doors for free

who is the better run club then pundits?

utter madness
£2.2 million you say?

I agree, £2million probably closer to what they paid, but £3mil was the figure their media placemen were bandying around before he signed and before he lost his spot in the team.

They've spent a fortune in recent years on guys that have barely played for them. You do have to laugh at how quickly the inflated fees, deflate after a few months of poor performances. Until you find out they pay half of what was reported at the time.

Apparently Hammond scouted Barkas for over a year. Which just makes it even more funny. You do get the sense that Hammond is just there and basically does whatever Lawwell tells him to do, without being allowed to deviate much from it.

I read a twitter post from one of them, that quite boldly claimed that it was bringing in Brendan Rodgers as manager that murdered their scout, buy cheap and sell big model. I can see what they mean, Rodgers signed some utter shite during his stint. The obvious signings did well but the lesser known ones either didn't feature much or quickly disappeared out on loan never to be seen again.

I'm genuinely still pretty staggered at how badly they've let things slide. They should be light years ahead of us when it comes to this stuff. We've been shopping in different markets for the best part of the past decade. They really don't have an excuse other than arrogance and negligence.

They've spent a fortune in recent years on guys that have barely played for them. You do have to laugh at how quickly the inflated fees, deflate after a few months of poor performances. Until you find out they pay half of what was reported at the time.

Apparently Hammond scouted Barkas for over a year. Which just makes it even more funny. You do get the sense that Hammond is just there and basically does whatever Lawwell tells him to do, without being allowed to deviate much from it.

I read a twitter post from one of them, that quite boldly claimed that it was bringing in Brendan Rodgers as manager that murdered their scout, buy cheap and sell big model. I can see what they mean, Rodgers signed some utter shite during his stint. The obvious signings did well but the lesser known ones either didn't feature much or quickly disappeared out on loan never to be seen again.

I'm genuinely still pretty staggered at how badly they've let things slide. They should be light years ahead of us when it comes to this stuff. We've been shopping in different markets for the best part of the past decade. They really don't have an excuse other than arrogance and negligence.
You have to hand it to Hammond. He’s clearly just in it for the holidays.

Back