When Gerrard eventually leaves us

monkey magic

Hopefully not for a long time, but I reckon he'll have a lot to say regarding what Rangers and he himself had to face by both the refs and the SFA / SPFL during his tenure at Ibrox. The clear and obvious different refereeing standards when it comes to our players concerning yellow and red cards, the cheating in the recent League Cup Final, never mind Clancy's recent cheating masterclass at the Piggery in December. If in book form, it'll be a tome like War & Peace.

Don't doubt that one bit, and the people that actually matter in football will back him up. He started to in his 1st ever league game and he then saw what he was up against with scottish refs an smsm. Diabolical.

Great another thread about referees.

This thread concerns our Gaffer and if he'll spill the beans concerning the corruption from the football authorities downwards during his time at Ibrox. Personally, I hope he goes after the lot of them.

I bet Stevie G has had a few wtf moments since he appeared from down south... The refereeing decisions, the one sided reporting and the Morelos witch hunt by the authorities as well as the Scottish mhedia.

I hope this doesn't deter him and he's here for a long time.

I bet Stevie G has had a few wtf moments since he appeared from down south... The refereeing decisions, the one sided reporting and the Morelos witch hunt by the authorities as well as the Scottish mhedia.

Gerrard, with all his experience in domestic and international football, will have never seen anything like the corruption in Scottish football.

Gerrard is made of granite. Nothing will deter him from his goals.
He is no daft and absolutely sees what is happening up here at the moment. It will be giving him even more motivation.

I think Stevie is in no doubt the game up here is slanted in their favour, not so sure he would let rip publicly though. The time to do is once the league is won though if he does.

Much as I would like him to have a hard hitting attack I don't think he will. If he leaves us it will be for a big English or European club and he won't want to get into a slanging match with the Scottish media who as a man will attack any such truths.

I also don't believe that he'll go into any sort of all-out routine about what he's been up against.
He will (imo) refer to some strange decisions, the imbalance in SFA penalties and to the bias in the Scottish media.
But I don't see him going tonto about it.

However, one thing WILL happen.
He'll go to a football club that will defend its staff, players, reputation and fans.

He'll go to a football club that will not allow media and individuals to get away with denigration nor defamation.

He'll go to a football club that will absolutely insist that it is treated fairly, and on an equal level with every other club in its league.

How do I know this ?
Because we are the ONLY football club in the world that doesn't do these above things.

He will be more open about it when they can't punish the club for sure. Last time we spoke about refs we got fined didn't we? That's why we need to tread lightly.

After we win 55 I would love for him or the club to come out and stick it to the SFA
This would be the right time to do it, it wouldn't be sour grapes or excuses, winning and then complaining makes more of a statement. I felt we should have done it after the game at the piggery but sadly we remained silent.

Reckon he will be more likely to speak about winning the league and turning the team around than mention the standard of referee

When Gerrard eventually leaves us we will have multiple more trophies in the cabinet and will be a strong club than before he arrived. That's more important than any refs or SPL drama

Wish I would stop seeing threads about how much our players might go for "when" they leave and the constant spectre of Gerrard leaving, it's only started so enjoy the moment lads!

Gerrard is made of granite. Nothing will deter him from his goals.
He is no daft and absolutely sees what is happening up here at the moment. It will be giving him even more motivation.

I totally agree with this. His reaction at full time at the Crime Scene backs it up.

Hopefully its a long way away and after many league and cup trophies. He will hopefully be going away so happy we have all forgotten about sfa/spfl and media

He should be having a word with the board, for them to give these feckers a broadside!

Back