When Halliday got robbed and the boy scored

Got lucky.

The same sort of mistake Halliday has been making since he put on a Rangers shirt.
You’re right.
He had time and didn’t need to take any chances.
He was definitely fouled though.
You’ll see it on the highlights thread.

You implied it was a regular event.

Well, no I didn't, so...

You've really went pretty far out of your way to take issue with a point I'd have thought on the face of it was fairly sensible.

And yes the Samaras game was a long time ago but if anything he's shown that he hasn't learned from it.

Ok. Having seen that angle it is the slightest of shoves and probably a foul. It’s a soft one, though. Most refs I don’t think would give that.

Incidentally, I like Halliday and think he offers more than Barisic in an attacking sense. Barisic has turned into one of the most negative players we have. Everything goes sideways or backwards with him these days.

All that said, I still think we got lucky win that foul being given. Probably the correct decision but most refs I don’t think give that one.
Aye, The slightest of 2 hands on the back and down you go son.
I didn't realise we were a rugby team.

After viewing the aforementioned incident I find it quite shocking that anyone, Rangers supporter or otherwise could see it as anything other than the most blatant shove in the back of Halliday.

Any Rangers fan using this as a platform to suggest we got away with one should take a long hard look in the mirror. It’s bad enough that every major decision given in our favour is continuously questioned and debated by our enemies and detractors. To that end I really cannot understand why some have chosen to cast doubt on an absolutely stonewall correct decision.

How many times has Morelos legitimately turned the last defender only to be curtailed by a completely erroneous whistle and decision? Lets stop shooting ourselves in he foot, it was a free kick every day of the week. Further the whistle went yards before he reached McGregor, in fact Collum blew four Or five bursts on his whistle rendering it so far from a disallowed goal that I beggars belief that there is any debate!!

TBF to Gerrard, I'd rather play Halliday at LB at home v Livi than risk Barisic and potentially have to play Halliday against Feyenoord.

Flanagan can't come back quick enough.
Exactly. Big game for Borna on Thursday.

%^*& knows what you’re watching, it’s never a foul.

Any excuse to not blame Halliday though I suppose because he’s one of our own.

Not even remotely dear, at the game I thought it was never a foul. Just watched the highlights and it's a clear shove on his back.

So weescht.

I didn't think it was a foul and we were very lucky with that decision. Then again we should also have had a penalty when Alfie was clearly impeded in the penalty area.

Well, no I didn't, so...

You've really went pretty far out of your way to take issue with a point I'd have thought on the face of it was fairly sensible.

And yes the Samaras game was a long time ago but if anything he's shown that he hasn't learned from it.
At least we can agree we've got a great keeper who rarely makes a mistake that costs Rangers a win.

He's actually quite a good footballer. But he's physically weak, and hasn't got much pace. Disadvantages in a full back. Even in midfield, he was always being muscled off the ball when we came up to the Premiership. Really I prefer it to be the other guy lying on the ground appealing to the referee.
Overall he has done a job; last December he more than did what was asked of him. I'd say your points are mostly fair, but Andy came at a certain time in the Club's hour of need, and has done good, overall. I'd like to see him move on next season but as a winner here.

Haven't seen any highlights but I thought Andy was looking to see how many times he could let the ball bounce before he was challenged.
Looked a foul but the situation should never been allowed to develop in the 1st place.

Its extremely soft. Halliday was utterly abysmal and that piece of defending summed up his afternoon.

No it wasn’t, it’s a blatant shove in the back which Collum rightly blew his whistle immediately for! Thereafter he blew it 4 or 5 times to assuage the offender of any doubt.

Morelos has quite exquisite turns off the last defender ridiculously blown up for fouls, this was nothing other than a very clumsy attempt to gain an advantage...Leave casting doubt on decisions we get to the highly biased and motivated against us media!!

McGregor pulled out of any challenge as the whistle went before he needed to intervene.

No guarantee it would have been a goal.

The only surprising aspect of the Halliday incident was that Willie Collum gave the free-kick, but not for the reasons advocated on this thread, such as it being soft or otherwise unworthy of punishment, rather because Willie has a habit of not seeing things correctly when Rangers are involved.

In this case, Willie got it right.
The Livvie player had his hands on Andy's back, and when this happens anywhere in the defensive third the defender always gets a free-kick.
More often than not it occurs near the corner flag as defenders try to shield the ball and attacking players put their hands on the defender's back, down he goes often too easily, but nonetheless it is quickly followed by the whistle for a foul to be awarded against the attacker.

I am not defending Andy's dithering nor am I making a claim that such incidents are not indeed soft awards, but they are consistently given, had it not been so yesterday then it would have been an injustice against Rangers.

Simples.

No it wasn’t, it’s a blatant shove in the back which Collum rightly blew his whistle immediately for! Thereafter he blew it 4 or 5 times to assuage the offender of any doubt.

Morelos has quite exquisite turns off the last defender ridiculously blown up for fouls, this was nothing other than a very clumsy attempt to gain an advantage...Leave casting doubt on decisions we get to the highly biased and motivated against us media!!
I think Halliday was lucky. He shouldn't have let the ball bounce. It was dreadful defending.

Was it a foul? Couldn’t see too clearly from Copland but it looked like Halliday was a bit too casual and not that much in it.

Thought he got away with 1 there.
Having seen the replay of it the lad definitely fouled him, the surprise for me was that Collum called it correctly.

Regardless of whether it was a foul or not, Halliday is rank rotten. It’s become clear that he isn’t even competent enough to fill in in a game like Livingston, and sooner or later it is going to cost us.

I didn't think it was a foul and we were very lucky with that decision. Then again we should also have had a penalty when Alfie was clearly impeded in the penalty area.

I’m looking forward to seeing that one MM. From where I was it looked a penalty albeit from the Main Stand Rangers end so I wasn’t 100%.

He was garbage today. Never a left back in a million years. No idea why Barasic wasn’t playing.

PS to answer your question he got away with one. He made a right c()nt if it and the ref saved him.

Bairisic wasnt playing because he played twice for Croatia and we absolutely cant go with Halliday on Thursday.

It was the right decision today despite how poor AH was.

Even if he was eventually fouled, the boy shouldn't even have had a chance of getting possession. Ball should have been dealt with before it bounced for a 3rd time.

Last edited:
Connor Goldson continues to worry me.
He is either carrying an injury or he is now looking like he is lacking confidence after the old firm game.Thought he looked ropey yesterday and him and Katic now not looking as solid, with for me Katic looking the more assured out of the two.

Andy played the situation for a foul. The striker put his hands on him and he has went down. Definite foul so dont understand why the debate is at the level it is.

Andy played the situation for a foul. The striker put his hands on him and he has went down. Definite foul so dont understand why the debate is at the level it is.

In real time it doesn’t but when you see the replay from behind the goal it’s a clear foul.

He is either carrying an injury or he is now looking like he is lacking confidence after the old firm game.Thought he looked ropey yesterday and him and Katic now not looking as solid, with for me Katic looking the more assured out of the two.
Katic was horrendous yesterday. Strange to single out Goldson after that game.

A lot more sharpness and awareness from AH and these situations won't occur. He knows what playing for RANGERS is all about by now. 100% application required and not just by him.

Yes that was exactly what he did, waited for the foul to come.
But surely he would have been better just dealing with it as he had plenty time to do, rather than taking a huge risk like that?!

I had a very good view and if roles were reversed we would be going tonto

Just watched the highlights.

If their penalty was a foul( which I think it was) then Halliday was also fouled. Both barged from the back and bowled over.
Halliday didn't "get away with one". He was fouled.
IMHO caveat

Just watched Sportscene. Seems I was wrong. I thought the pen was for Aribo's push on the Livy player. Didn't notice the Arfield trip. My bad.
Still a foul on Halliday, though

Last edited:
At the match I thought it could have gone either way but you have to stick with the officials' judgement. We won 3-1 and I'm happy with this even though it was a moderate performance.

Bairisic wasnt playing because he played twice for Crostia and we absolutely cant go with Halliday on Thursday.

It was the right decision today despite how poor AH was.

Even if he was eventually fouled, the boy shouldn't even have had a chance of getting possession. Ball should have been dealt with before it bounced for a 3rd time.
Where's the third bounce, I only see it bounce anywhere near him once and as he's about to pass it back to Greegs, he gets shoved in the back.

Where's the third bounce, I only see it bounce anywhere near him once and as he's about to pass it back to Greegs, he gets shoved in the back.

I suggest you watch it again then.

From 5.15 here...

Bounces twice and then he casually tries to control it on his thigh at the third bounce.

It's a foul (just and no more) but he put himself in a position where with even the slightest bit of leeway a ref could have let play go on.

It's not how to defend a ball like that whatsoever.

Katic was terrible yesterday.

The Livingston forward didn't score it was a clear and obvious foul ,camera angle from behind the goal shows it .Collum had no choice but to give it .Anyway if he hadn't blown for it McGregor would have saved it

Back