When it matters this sides bottle crashes.

This might be true, but it is reductionist, to say the least. We as a club haven't won anything of note for near on a decade; a thread like this makes it sound a rather simple thing to do. As Rangers squads go, it is rather unusual in that it has so few players who have won things; when we win something it will change things in terms of "bottle".

Last edited:
The same guys who swag around when we are comfortably up against jobbers or come off the back of a good result in Europe are the same players who completely crumble in games in which there are moments where you have to face adversity.

Goldson when it’s going well looks good, assured and he lets everyone know about it. When he faces pressure? Total goes to pieces.

Tav as well, was flying then as soon as we started to feel the pinch, he was doing his usual in that he was loosing his footing slipping around like Bambi on ice. The floating crosses when he feels the pressure are not helpful to say the least.

Davis and Arfield also just seem to go totally in their shell at the first opportunity.

Fans on here were gloating about our clean sheet record, how the bheats are leaking goals and that they are “utter shite”. Well they are about to sit top of the league and have a game in hand to go a few points clear.

We are miles off this and unless we recruit some seriously good footballers in the next few weeks, then we all know how this movie ends.
Would’ve bet my mortgage you’d be on this one quickly.

I question this teams mentality when teams physically get in about us. We have a better team and squad than Hibs yet we let 2 crucial Points slip away. does this team have the mental strength to roll up their sleeves and dig in when a team mix’s it? I don’t think they do.

They're now breathing down the back of our necks and made up ground this week before we played our fixture.

Was then time for our players to stand up and be counted and they duly obliged with defensive cockups and players looking like they've played together for the first time.

Fair play to anybody who believes these players, this coaching team and this board are going to rise to the occasion of winning a league title. There's not a leader of men amongst any of them.

Remember all the whooping and guffawing at the mentally challengeds having two games postponed. Real celebrations at two games being postponed. Not lost, not forfeited, not defaulted.... simply delayed. Said at the time we'd still go to the piggery behind them in the league and I don't see me being wrong. As a support, we constantly let ourselves get distracted by stupid irrelevant 'wins' off the park. Maybe it's a problem within the squad as well.

Last edited:
The same posters having the same meltdowns when we don't win a game.

We've won plenty of big games, we've beaten plenty of good teams, we've won against packed defences.

But every time we don't win a game the same nonsense starts that we "bottle it" in big games, fail our big tests against good teams, or never manage to break down teams who sit back.

Basically just people choking to get ripped into the team whenever they can.

Hopefully seeing that you lot have gave up for the season, we wont need to suffer all your negativity for the rest of the season.

Supporters of Rangers, my arse.
Perhaps supporters see the same old shit that has cost us time and time again.

So if the offside goal is ruled out and the game ends 1-2 does their bottle still crash??

Honest to god we really are programmed to kill ourselves this league is a fukin joke and we have no chance because we need to play above and beyond every week to overcome biased and shit officials.
The opposition are also fired up for their biggest game of the season. And yet when they play the Scum they bottle it and when they finally wake up and realise the Filth actually aren’t any good, the game is already lost.

I don’t think todays results have anything to do with bottle!

We made plenty of chances and didn’t take them - thats the issue.

The players didn’t sh*t it FFS

Our centre mids are powder puff. None of them are capable of controlling the pace of the game and taking the game by the scruff on the neck.

In big games Kamara constantly looks a bag of nerves at the start of games and the opposition can smell blood.
Not getting into an argument but we sold two lads who would run through brick walls. It was all too predictable again.

I'm going to stick by my general opinion in that Gerrard won't be here next season. We look decent enough at times, but this squad has a real issue with digging out the result when it matters.
Don't think he will last the season this has happened far to often

We didn't bottle it today - we actually played pretty well after going behind.

Sure we weren't clinical enough in front of goal but that is something that is an ongoing issue that won't be resolved until we find a goal-scoring midfielder.
Same old same old

What really worried me about Gerrard is that he knows what Easter Rd is like and he went with Davis Hagi Kamara Arfield absolutely no legs in that at all and we still haven’t signed that midfielder we have been crying out for
100% mate, we need a proper attacking midfielder who can go forward and not have to worry.

Results driven business. Away to Hivs and in front and pulled back is not good. Not the end of the world but clearly not good enough. We need to win these games because they will.

Yo

ur getting supporting mixed up with cheerleading
Is that right. So supporting to you is to throw in the towel for a team who after I just checked with a quick look at the league, was astonished to see we're top, not dropping into the relegation zone.

Get a grip

Livi was the warning sign but that today was piss poor.

Arfield should've scored 2 shot right at the keeper one after the other.

Fxckiing sick off these shltebags.

That's the difference they bxstards grind out a win we are incapable of it.

now teams have a blueprint to follow against us.

this second wave of covid better hurry up.

It was absolutely f*ck all like the Livingston game.

Lemon is incapable of outhinking Stevie. We just need to make sure not to drop many more points against other teams, but they will as well as we have seen. The scum are leaking goals more than us.
I hate Lennon but unlike Gerrard he's not afraid to stand on the technical area and fire off instructions to his team. Gerrard would much rather try and look like he's playing it cool.

The opposition are also fired up for their biggest game of the season. And yet when they play the Scum they bottle it and when they finally wake up and realise the Filth actually aren’t any good, the game is already lost.

Im fed up with it we have no chance. Not because our team isn't good enough because i certainly believe they are. The reason is we can't afford to have a bad day and win we are not afforded that opportunity. We always need to overcome a fired up team plus a prik of an official who sees the game one way.

Its a fukin kost cause and we will lose a good young manager because that lot across the city and their fat jake ball of a manager live the life of Riley knowing they can play bad and still get a helping hand.

Some of our support really do need to wake up and smell the coffee as does some running our club.

Spot on. Utter shitebags calling the players shitebags, and it’s always the same names.
Yup. Same people you don't see while we're winning, but one bad result and there they are, spreading the same 'told you so' shite.

It's like a race to be the first to put the boot in.

Saw the team referred to as 'bottle merchant f*cking c*nts' in the match thread.

That's not on. We drew a match. We conceded for the first time this season.

Nah I think that’s absolute rubbish. Nobody bottled anything today. A few chances missed which would have won us the game on another occasion. The ref let Hibs players away with various books or offences which didn’t help. We were building up a head of steam towards making it 3 when he gave a foul against Tav which wasn’t and this stopped our momentum. Poor touch from Connor which lead to their goal. Phil needed to be more aggressive to clear it - but their guy was charging in.
Hibs played well but also got away with far too many fouls. We
might find as the season progresses that scoring two away at their ground and getting the draw wasn’t that bad a result.
onwards and upwards.

We've won plenty of big games, we've beaten plenty of good teams, we've won against packed defences.

But every time we don't win a game the same nonsense starts that we "bottle it" in big games, fail our big tests against good teams, or never manage to break down teams who sit back.

Celtic went top yesterday so it was the first pressure game of the season for us and the team did bottle it unfortunately.

Should have won but once again you can`t account for terrible officiating, changes should have been made earlier and perhaps a change of system but its like groundhog day

Is that right. So supporting to you is to throw in the towel for a team who after I just checked with a quick look at the league, was astonished to see we're top, not dropping into the relegation zone.

Get a grip
Who said I stopped supporting ? I’ve supported my team all my life and I’ve supported better and worse Rangers teams but Gerrard is learning nothing and we have 3 seasons of proof and won absolutely nothing

Bottlejobs, mentality, shitebags are the new buzzwords on here now. Seems to be the popular narrative that everyone jumps on the bandwagon with when we drops points.

No objectivity in the thought when you actually dissect how we dropped points today.

We really can’t afford to lose Morelos in this transfer window as he is without doubt our best striker. We could also do with signing or loaning a better class of midfielder than we currently have, preferably a hard bugger.

Hopefully seeing that you lot have gave up for the season, we wont need to suffer all your negativity for the rest of the season.

Supporters of Rangers, my arse.

When did supporting Rangers equate to ignoring the negatives and ignoring the obvious in favour of saying “yeah wooooooo, a point at Easter Road, they’ll only be 2 ahead if they win their game in hand wooooo”.

We haven't won ANY crucial domestic games since we returned to SPL. Europa league is a sideshow.

Kamara and Davis gave the ball far too much for any game especially a tough away game. We have all been shouting about getting a midfielder in and it still hasn't happened which is a bit of a joke.

I'm afraid the criticism has to be expected. We seem to fail to meet domestic challenges again and again. We have missed some simple chances yet again and made some pretty dreadful defensive mistakes.

I have not seen much of Celtic but I regularly read on here that they are utterly dreadful. Well they are a dreadful team that are likely to go two points clear of us.

Yup. Same people you don't see while we're winning, but one bad result and there they are, spreading the same 'told you so' shite.

It's like a race to be the first to put the boot in.

Saw the team referred to as 'bottle merchant f*cking c*nts' in the match thread.

That's not on. We drew a match. We conceded for the first time this season.

Rangers supporters or not, they’re arseholes.

I can’t ever imagine taking enjoyment when we drop points, yet these folks thrive off it.

So if the offside goal is ruled out and the game ends 1-2 does their bottle still crash??

Honest to god we really are programmed to kill ourselves this league is a fukin joke and we have no chance because we need to play above and beyond every week to overcome biased and shit officials.
We'll win hee haw if we keep making excuses...

I cant understand why we just stopped playing when we got 2-1 in front.

There was no lack of bottle after we went 1 down.

Ultimately it's 2 points dropped though.
Me neither mate. I thought we would go on and score a couple more at that point but we just retreated into our shells,like we usually do.

Back