When it matters this sides bottle crashes.

Im fed up with it we have no chance. Not because our team isn't good enough because i certainly believe they are. The reason is we can't afford to have a bad day and win we are not afforded that opportunity. We always need to overcome a fired up team plus a prik of an official who sees the game one way.

Its a fukin kost cause and we will lose a good young manager because that lot across the city and their fat jake ball of a manager live the life of Riley knowing they can play bad and still get a helping hand.

Some of our support really do need to wake up and smell the coffee as does some running our club.
I don’t see the scum losing a single, meaningful game this season to any of the Jock Tamson mobs.

When it matters we bottle it as soon as we got in front we had the usual players melting Tav Goldson Kamara and the manager has a inability to change it mid game to get us a win.

We can talk about that mob under pressure but we can’t put them under it when it matters sadly.

When it matters the officials lend a hand. 1st goal scorer for hibs should have seen red for achilles scrape on kent before he scored. 2nd goal build up is offside and then an illegal challenge on helander.

But we are to nice. SG wont bring it up and our team wont run after the ref asking the question. Never would happen to the unwashed.

Correct OP our Captain and Vice Captain when it matters are regulars for school boy errors....today showed that again as we have seen numerous times previously. Simple clear your lines defending from Goldson was all that was needed for their 2nd goal and he failed to deal with that! Absolutely shocking defending and on pitch leadership!

That lot drop points against Killie, takes us a week for us to do the same, they go level with us at the top of the table the very next day more dropped points. It's just taking the piss how quickly this team drop points at the first hint of being in a fight
This is it in a nutshell. These players, unless some additions are made in the engine room, will keep doing this over and over

Bottlejobs, mentality, shitebags are the new buzzwords on here now. Seems to be the popular narrative that everyone jumps on the bandwagon with when we drops points.

No objectivity in the thought when you actually dissect how we dropped points today.

Exactly. We hear it every time we don't win a game. Its utterly meaningless. Hibs will cause them problems at Parkhead next week.
We haven't won ANY crucial domestic games since we returned to SPL. Europa league is a sideshow.

I'm intrigued to understand how you're counting today's game as "crucial" but not the two New Year wins against Celtic that we've had?

Just seems that every time we drop points the game gets labelled "crucial" and the players get called bottlers.

I do feel Roofe, Aribo and Jack may have helped us over the line today, but the criticism is still valid.

More than that though it’s simply a lack of better quality and has been since Gerrard first walked in the door.

We’re gradually getting there, but it’ll be another season of second best unless we add that quality in the next two weeks.

Yup. Same people you don't see while we're winning, but one bad result and there they are, spreading the same 'told you so' shite.

It's like a race to be the first to put the boot in.

Saw the team referred to as 'bottle merchant f*cking c*nts' in the match thread.

That's not on. We drew a match. We conceded for the first time this season.
I seen that mate. Thats not criticism, that's downright abuse which I wouldn't accept if the guy was sitting next to me at a game.

Our decision making under pressure is terrible. At 2-1 there were a couple of close calls for us and that should have been the catalyst to screw the nut and see the game out but nope we try tippy tappy nonsense at the back and concede.
Now next we are away to motherwell who like livi this season and hearts last season have beem stinking but will no doubt fancy their chances of nicking something from us now.

we have dropped points away to livi on a honking park and a hibs side who are third in the league , both away from home.

we have won 6 / 8 and sitting top only conceding goals in 1 game out of the 8

We have played Hibs , Aberdeen , Hamilton and Livi all away - 2 plastic and 2 hardest away games outwith Celtic

they have played St Mirren , Ross County , Dundee Utd and Kilmarnock

far easier away games than ours. They have Hibs Aberdeen and livi still to go to away before we play the cannon fodder away

they will drop points.

lets Just relax , we will beat them at Parkhead also

When it matters, competent officials would have disallowed their goal and we’d have won.

That mob get refereeing decisions to award them wins, we get decisions to take points away. Simple as that.
This excuse only goes so far.

Goldson for their second is directly to blame, also Helander and Barisic both on the same man and both caught ball watching/under the ball. It’s schoolboy stuff that’s costing us and has been for 3 years, the players’ bottle crashes when there are expectations of them

Who said I stopped supporting ? I’ve supported my team all my life and I’ve supported better and worse Rangers teams but Gerrard is learning nothing and we have 3 seasons of proof and won absolutely nothing
We're top of the league. Name me any senior team in the world who wins every game. You won't find it and I'm not talking about some island league in the Indian Ocean.

This excuse only goes so far.

Goldson for their second is directly to blame, also Helander and Barisic both on the same man and both caught ball watching/under the ball. It’s schoolboy stuff that’s costing us and has been for 3 years, the players’ bottle crashes when there are expectations of them

Goldson’s mistake was poor, but it’s irrelevant. It lead to a goal that should have been flagged offside.

What’s the point in the rules if we’re not going to play to them?

When it matters, competent officials would have disallowed their goal and we’d have won.

That mob get refereeing decisions to award them wins, we get decisions to take points away. Simple as that.
Yeah, but if we were 3-0 up in 1st half, then they'd have no bottle and 'officials' decisions wouldn't have an impact (or simply be a "goal-difference" impact)

Exactly. We hear it every time we don't win a game. Its utterly meaningless. Hibs will cause them problems at Parkhead next week.

I'm intrigued to understand how you're counting today's game as "crucial" but not the two New Year wins against Celtic that we've had?

I think you are being deliberately obtuse, You know exactly what people are talking about, It doesn't matter what we do in Old Firm games if we keep failing to win the games against the smaller clubs and constantly handing the advantage to Celtic

We're top of the league. Name me any senior team in the world who wins every game. You won't find it and I'm not talking about some island league in the Indian Ocean.
We have dropped 4 points in 6 games or something and constantly shit the bed at the first sign of adversity

Their winning goal was offside FFS. It’s the usual culprits on here who want to stick the boot in whenever we drop points. It’s tiring.

Spot on OP, too much evidence with this squad of players to even argue against it anymore, look at what we did after Xmas, we had chance to pile pressure on them at start of a season and we drop points at Livingston, then this today the day after Celtic went back top of the league

We have many fans telling us Celtic are shit etc etc etc, well I’m afraid they get the job done whilst we continually bottle every opportunity

This squad will not win us this league, we need additions with strong mentalities, not easy to get I grant you but we require it urgently

When did supporting Rangers equate to ignoring the negatives and ignoring the obvious in favour of saying “yeah wooooooo, a point at Easter Road, they’ll only be 2 ahead if they win their game in hand wooooo”.
When certain posters throw in the towel for the season, when they're top of the league. Was always going to be a difficult game, thinking we're going to these grounds to win, I'll say 3 or 4 nil as seemed to be the chosen scoreline by many pre match, is cuckoo land.

Never known anything like it.

Name me any senior team in the world who faces unique situation we do where very few points are dropped to top two, and in particular the current top dogs hardly ever lose?

Better watch what yer saying be accused of being a mentally challenged next
The truth is we all get emotional after a game and say crazy stuff and you get the same mixture of over reaction and guys looking for staunch points the truth is until this team win something they will always be doubted

It’s pretty self explanatory Celtic go top and put pressure on us for the following day we don’t turn up again.

Don't turn up? We came back from behind with 2 great goals then got pegged back by a goal that shouldn't have stood.

So every time we don't win a game does that mean we "don't turn up"?

That's also not what happened against Livingston, yet all I read was bottle merchants and shitebags.

Like somebody said above, it's just buzz words from folk who just want to wallow in a poor result..

We were winning the game when the referee allowed an offside goal. You shouldn’t have to win by 2 to allow for referees cheating.
Agree but at 2/1 we had to kill the game which we seem incapable of doing for 3 seasons on a trot,long season but if a similar situation occurs in another couple games partys over yet again

What really worried me about Gerrard is that he knows what Easter Rd is like and he went with Davis Hagi Kamara Arfield absolutely no legs in that at all and we still haven’t signed that midfielder we have been crying out for

Thought that as well. It looks like one of the bigger pitches in the league.

What midfielders do we have that are capable of covering ground and dominating the pitch, physically? None spring to mind.

The weak mentality and lack of genuine self-belief has never gone away. To be a winner, you have to believe you are better than your opponents. It's a vital attribute that we lack, collectively, as a team.

I just can't wait for "that crazy wank Lennon to go mad and drag them down when he cracks under pressure" which has been never, not once in three seasons.

I think you are being deliberately obtuse, You know exactly what people are talking about, It doesn't matter what we do in Old Firm games if we keep failing to win the games against the smaller clubs and constantly handing the advantage to Celtic

No, I'm responding directly to a statement that we haven't won any crucial domestic games since we came back up. Are you telling me today was crucial, but the new year Old Firms weren't?

Is it only the games we don't win that get labelled as crucial?

Name me any senior team in the world who faces unique situation we do where very few points are dropped to top two, and in particular the current top dogs hardly ever lose?

This is key EOL, we play in a league where the other teams are so shit that every draw is costly, those saying “name me another league” etc etc may want to name other leagues that are reflective of ours

Apple's & Oranges mate.
We weren't facing a team that were/are:
More technicality superior to us.
With superior resources; training, fitness, medical, training support system than us.
More incentives to win than us.
More pride than us.
With as much to lose as us.

we beat ourselves today and it is without doubt the exact same pattern
we've seen the last two seasons

Only Kent and Arfield wanted the ball today

Yes, we've drawn two games in a 38 game season and you're saying it's effectively going to be the same as last year and whatever else. It seems to me to be the textbook definition of 'bottle crashing'.

We dropped vs Livi when we had the chance to put genuine pressure on the Tim’s go top we drop points it’s not really hard to see is it?

Why should you have to win 3-0 to allow for the referee making “mistakes”?
Because, as it's been proven time and time again that officials are
corrupt so we have to have a margin of goals to overcome that - simples

Edit: just in case it's needed.....

Hard to argue with the OP. That was the first big domestic test of the season and yet again we failed to get the job done. No doubt there will be comforting excuses made by many posters but the bottom line is that we have too many results of this nature.

Aberdeen away?

Back