When it matters this sides bottle crashes.

It's not so much bottle as quality. We controlled large parts of the game and created excellent opportunities. More quality and the game is over.

Bottle seems to be an FF buzz-phrase.

You’re either stupid or at it. Either way, no interest in carrying this on.
You’re right, the big bad ref done us out of 3 points, nothing to do with the sitters we missed. Fucking worse than a beggar with that attitude

Top of the league, go have a look. Maybe when some of our supporters stop thinking turning up at the likes of easter rd for an easy 3 or 4 nil win, they might handle it better.
Not expecting a 4-0 win. I did expect us to go there and be professional for the full 90 minutes. Something we sadly struggle to do and slackness has cost us again.
You don't reckon it's a concern that despite the same old same old, Gerrard sits there looking totally disinterested throughout the game ?

Arfield, Morelos and Helander missed clear chances, in Arfield’s case a sitter. He scores that and it’s 3-1, you’ve ignored that and trying to blame the refs which is the easiest way out rather than admitting that we weren’t good enough today
Eh no ignoring the referee is one treat too many of our support excel in, the goalscorer Wright should have been off the park for a stamp on Kent’s foot, does that next week on Brown and he’ll walk.
Had to laugh at Walker, well not really at his description of Hibs being a little bit nasty, why were they allowed to be is the question the new hero of FF, Boyd should have ask the little prick.

Last edited:
Not expecting a 4-0 win. I did expect us to go there and be professional for the full 90 minutes. Something we sadly struggle to do and slackness has cost us again.
You don't reckon it's a concern that despite the same old same old, Gerrard sits there looking totally disinterested throughout the game ?
Football has changed with money being the power. From the mid 60s till we won the league when we started spending big style, we won it 3 times.

After the disaster we went through and still finding our feet, they have swept up the goods and coined it in, where they are more powerful than us.

The statement that murray made about us spending a tenner for every fiver they do, has now turned round completely.

We want new players, but well need to sell or that's not happening and if we spend 5 mill on a midfielder, they can go and spend 10 mill.

I'm going to stick by my general opinion in that Gerrard won't be here next season. We look decent enough at times, but this squad has a real issue with digging out the result when it matters.
I too have my doubts. He says all the right things but sometimes I feel he is going through the motions. I hope he proves me wrong.

This place is mental after a draw/defeat.

We are top of the league, only lost 2 goals, unbeaten, one of our best starts to a top flight season (including comparisons against Souness, Sir Walter and Advocaat teams), and we have just got a draw away from home against one of the better teams in the league, after some very dodgy decisions. We have a good squad, arguably better than the Yahoos, and are in our best position to win trophies in nearly a decade.

I am sure Greig, Jardine, Baxter, Caldow, Henderson, Gough, McCoist, Laudrup, De Boer etc had plenty of average games where we did not win.

Keep the heid Bears. It’s gonna be a long season.

This place is mental after a draw/defeat.

We are top of the league, only lost 2 goals, unbeaten, one of our best starts to a top flight season (including comparisons against Souness, Sir Walter and Advocaat teams), and we have just got a draw away from home against one of the better teams in the league, after some very dodgy decisions. We have a good squad, arguably better than the Yahoos, and are in our best position to win trophies in nearly a decade.

I am sure Greig, Jardine, Baxter, Caldow, Henderson, Gough, McCoist, Laudrup, De Boer etc had plenty of average games where we did not win.

Keep the heid Bears. It’s gonna be a long season.

Summed up perfectly. This place is actually the pits whenever we drop points.

“Bottle” and “this side” should never be in the same sentence, same paragraph, same chapter, same book or even the same kin library

Can't get the logic of this result being down to bottle unlike other performances where bottle was 100% the problem last season
We gifted 2 goals
But whilst the 2nd should have been chopped off for offside it started from Goldson's over-confidence not bottle in trying to play out instead of clearing his lines

We started really well until we gifted them the 1st then were poor for 10mins or so but came out & totally dominated the 2nd half scoring a really good goal and missing other decent chances
It seems to be the same old story where refereeing decisions come back to bite us when we don't take our chances

As I've posted elsewhere its all a case of what if and we are probably all getting sick n tired of it with dropping points in games we deserved to win only to have the 3points taken away by gifting goals and/or referess bias coming into play

Can't get the logic of this result being down to bottle unlike other performances where bottle was 100% the problem last season
We gifted 2 goals
But whilst the 2nd should have been chopped off for offside it started from Goldson's over-confidence not bottle in trying to play out instead of clearing his lines

We started really well until we gifted them the 1st then were poor for 10mins or so but came out & totally dominated the 2nd half scoring a really good goal and missing other decent chances
It seems to be the same old story where refereeing decisions come back to bite us when we don't take our chances

As I've posted elsewhere its all a case of what if and we are probably all getting sick n tired of it with dropping points in games we deserved to win only to have the 3points taken away by gifting goals and/or referess bias coming into play

Its just the buzz phrase for the posters who are prone to hissy fits whenever we don't win a game. I've yet to see one of them explain what it means or how it applies to the draw today or at Livingston.

Need a trophy in the bag or the op’s point will become more of an issue among our fans and the anti Rangers media.

Its just the buzz phrase for the posters who are prone to hissy fits whenever we don't win a game. I've yet to see one of them explain what it means or how it applies to the draw today or at Livingston.

They'll have read it in an Athletic article or something 6 months ago.

Yes because when the pressure is on it’s us that melt and gift goals.

Same side same mentality it’s there for all to see you can deny and kid on being mr positive but it’s easy to see trough it.

You think I'm "kidding on"?

I'm quite happy to tell you I'm not.

It's a claim that will only be quelled with silverware.

I do have a nagging feeling that Rugby Park, Easter Road, Tynecastle and Pittodrie will be the death knell for Gerrard at Rangers.

I reckon this team will give us plenty of moments to cheer this year, but have the same suspicion that our form at these venues will see that we fall short in the league.

The truth may be that we are simply not good enough.

Comparison with our past title winning teams is largely irrelevant.

We currently compete in a relatively poor league against rivals who rarely drop points to anyone apart from us

I haven’t looked it up but, excluding old firm games, I would imagine it would normally take them almost half a seasons worth of games to drop the 4 points we have managed to fritter away in 8 games.

The brutal fact is that we are up against a team which does not drop many points.

So, unless we are content with 2nd place, we can’t afford to drop points the way we currently do.

A glimmer of hope may be that they haven’t played the top half teams as yet but even if they did drop points would we be capable of going on a sustained run?

Hard to argue with the OP. That was the first big domestic test of the season and yet again we failed to get the job done. No doubt there will be comforting excuses made by many posters but the bottom line is that we have too many results of this nature.

P=8 , W=6 ,D=2......?

Bottle ??? Not so sure of that cause I've noticed a distinct desire recently to battle and win balls. The question is do they have the desire and hunger to win a title ?

We should never lose a game like this after the way we owned the match.

Eh no ignoring the referee is one treat too many of our support excel in, the goalscorer Wright should have been off the park for a stamp on Kent’s foot, does that next week on Brown and he’ll walk.
Had to laugh at Walker, well not really at his description of Hibs being a little bit nasty, why were they allowed to be is the question the new hero of FF, Boyd should have ask the little prick.
It’s not ignoring them, my point is that we shouldn’t be leaving it in their hands. Had ample opportunities to kill the game off but the bottle went and we paid for it. Everyone knows what the referees are, incompetent, useless and not fit for purpose but the fact remains that we didn’t kill the game off when the opportunity presented itself

Instead of turning on the team and manager as usually happens we should be going for throats of the officials who were yet again abysmal and cost us yet again.

Goldson gifted the ball to a hibs player in a real dangerous position and Helander got bullied at the other goal, very sloppy at both. I am gutted at this result today.

The utter panty wetting and meltdowns within the support because of a draw in a game we totally dominated and cheating officials to boot is stupid. Every time we don’t win a game all the players are shite the manager is shite get a fucking grip ffs

It’s not ignoring them, my point is that we shouldn’t be leaving it in their hands. Had ample opportunities to kill the game off but the bottle went and we paid for it. Everyone knows what the referees are, incompetent, useless and not fit for purpose but the fact remains that we didn’t kill the game off when the opportunity presented itself
All that is true but again another decision goes against us, leaving it in the hands of someone perfectly positioned to see Boyle being offside, again didn’t do his job, so from reading your post you are ignoring them.

I disagree. This side don’t have any bottle to begin with.

Every time the pressure is on in the league, every time we have the opportunity to exert some pressure and open up a lead in the table, every single time this team blow it. And every single time the same players are responsible for gifting goals, making terrible mistakes or missing easy goal scoring chances. Every time for the last 2 and a bit years, and it still continues.

Questions should be asked but won’t be. Plus we should be exerting pressure on the appalling decisions against us, but every single time our management refuse to do so. Every single time. The management doesn’t change, the players don’t change, therefore the results don’t change. Is anyone surprised?

Its actually been explained to you a couple of times but you've chosen to ignore them as it doesn't suit you for what ever reason :)

And "bottle" is hardly a new phrase or buzz word its been around forever

We gifted 2 goals

If Alfie's goal had stood would we still be bottlers?

Are you surprised? I am fucking sick that we dropped points today and it hurts. Can’t be arsed with those who shrug there shoulders and say never mind. It seems that a lot on here are happy with mediocrity
My belief is there has been some psychological damage done to some, not all, of our support who are genuinely semi-content at finishing second as long as they can get away trips in Europe to get on the piss.

I've had a night's sleep to calm down and think about it but I am around 80% sure this is Gerrard's last season at the club and he's going to slunk out the door before that lot lift the title in May.

My belief is there has been some psychological damage done to some, not all, of our support who are genuinely semi-content at finishing second as long as they can get away trips in Europe to get on the piss.

I've had a night's sleep to calm down and think about it but I am around 80% sure this is Gerrard's last season at the club and he's going to slunk out the door before that lot lift the title in May.

Unless he gets over his fear of making subs and grows a set to call out the officials then it will be.

Problem been there for 3 years and is still there. Midfield enforcer and midfielder who can and does score.

Our midfield cost £50k and sometimes it shows.

Problem been there for 3 years and is still there. Midfield enforcer and midfielder who can and does score.

Our midfield cost £50k and sometimes it shows.
It cost £50k because of the situation with the players contracts at the time And you know that. Picking up Aribo and Kamara for £50k is great business. At a different point in their contracts that would have been a £10 million figure. People are now saying they will go for £10 million each, so I don't agree with what you are saying. What is costing the team now is a bad run of injuries.

Back