When it matters this sides bottle crashes.

If we genuinely have dropped points from a winning position for the 12th time under Gerrard. That is hugely concerning.

Kamara imo isn’t suited to the majority of games in Scotland, he requires too much time on the ball which leads to his passes being intercepted or him being dispossessed, also his hesitation to win back possession or pull the trigger in and around the box is beyond frustrating.

He’ll leave for a bigger and better league and show how good he is. Games like yesterday seem to pass him by quite often.

He wasn’t the issue yesterday, I feel Gerrard maybe got the selection wrong or had his hand forced by injuries.

its a kick in the teeth, but also need to remember drawing at easter road isnt a disaster, as long as we avoid dropping points at home to killie and aberdeen etc and worse.

Its only one game but my optimism is gone now, its the same players and same issues again, we don't kill teams off and i just don't know what to say anymore I'm just fed up with it.

We have to keep going and see how the Motherwell and scum games go, I feel more confident of beating the filth than I did Hibs or Motherwell.

I’ve got a horrible feeling we’ll be having the same discussions next week after the motherwell game.

It cost £50k because of the situation with the players contracts at the time And you know that. Picking up Aribo and Kamara for £50k is great business. At a different point in their contracts that would have been a £10 million figure. People are now saying they will go for £10 million each, so I don't agree with what you are saying. What is costing the team now is a bad run of injuries.
Injuries are part and parcel of football. It is very obvious we are light in the central midfield department. Relying on an ageing Davis like we did last year won't cut it. Good player but not at a stage to play 2 times per week, Ryan Jack is also injured constantly due to wear and tear.

36 signings Gerrard has made, and yet it's still the same problems we face. The posts on Twitter that compared his win percentage with others is an embarrassing read.

Call it bottle, mental strength, resolve - whatever, but this squad doesn’t have it.

I keep seeing threads and posts comparing this squad to players from Walter Smith’s most recent 3IAR run - a period he was outspent by the mentally challengeds - and the truth is that you wouldn’t have any of the current lot over them. They might be a bit fancier now, play a bit more attractive football, but they’re not winners.

Call it bottle, mental strength, resolve - whatever, but this squad doesn’t have it.

I keep seeing threads and posts comparing this squad to players from Walter Smith’s most recent 3IAR run - a period he was outspent by the mentally challengeds - and the truth is that you wouldn’t have any of the current lot over them. They might be a bit fancier now, play a bit more attractive football, but they’re not winners.

Walter Smith had an unbelievable ability to identify suitable players and arrange a team that would always find a way to win big games in this league. You hope the current management team can somehow find something similar - although you worry that they are more wedded to a philosophy of how to play football (and not necessarily a pragmatic approach).

In defence of our current management team - they operate in an unprecedented situation where - due to our ridiculous punishment of going to Division 3 - Celtic have had a huge advantage over us (they were the primary and possibly only beneficiary of our wrongful punishment) and, importantly, it has also created a bigger gap between Celtic and all the other teams, which means they tend to drop fewer points.

A bad result against a decent and confident Hibs team and a lot of football to still be played, no one has bottled it from anything just yet. Although our mentality in previous years under Gerrard after a few bad results does leave me worried that this is the start of a downfall. We need to dust ourselves off and go out and absolutely murder Motherwell in our next league game, that's how winners deal with a bad result. Time for this squad to start proving they can be winners.

We've been having the same discussions over the past 2 seasons, 2 seasons with nothing to show for it.
1st bit of pressure this season & we fail to rise to it.
Unfortunately there are some so blind that cannot see.

I've been ripped for saying similar on here before, but we are no further forward than we were three seasons ago when he was appointed.

A certain phrase springs to mind:

It's like deja vu' all over again...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I personally don’t think we’ll know where we are until we play them. That’ll be the gauge of how far we’ve come or not come.

I think we will beat the scum in a couple weeks my worry is we go and draw and lose the next couple after its like watching the same movie again and again hope im wrong.

A bad result against a decent and confident Hibs team and a lot of football to still be played, no one has bottled it from anything just yet. Although our mentality in previous years under Gerrard after a few bad results does leave me worried that this is the start of a downfall. We need to dust ourselves off and go out and absolutely murder Motherwell in our next league game, that's how winners deal with a bad result. Time for this squad to start proving they can be winners.

All good and well and a good result against Motherwell is a must. The thing I'm worried about is this, Motherwell will come out the exact same way as Hibs. They'll get in our faces and commit dirty fouls that break the game up.
What really annoyed me about yesterday's game was that nobody in a Rangers shirt sorted this out. They let Hibs boot lumps out of us and did hee haw.
That ratbag Porteous should have been cemented early doors and a marker put down. A John Brown or Ian Ferguson would have sorted things out.
Unfortunately I don't see anything different happening on Sunday. Motherwell will kick anything that moves and we'll let them.

Last edited:
Hope in the cold light of Monday some folk here think twice about their comments. We're top of the league, albeit on a technicality, and undefeated. A few players had an off day yesterday but crucially, so did the referee (for not showing a red to Hanlon) and the linesman for not spotting an offside and a foul for their second. If not for those decision not being made, our players' off day would not have mattered.

In saying that, I do think Goldson needs a boot up the jacksie or simply dropped for a few.

We`ve had a more difficult start than the scum I don`t think they`ll win both games against Hivs and St Johnstone before the internation break.

Still undefeated if we can stay that way with minimal draws then we take the league.
We show bottle yesterday to get back in front and lacked composure and siege mentality to stay there.

Even though the hibs player was offside we still had 2 chances to deal with it, Taverneir should never have allowed boyle to get the cross in & Helander could possibly have done better with the cross into the box

Helander? The Hibs player had two hands on his shoulders.

All good and well and a good result against Motherwell is a must. The thing I'm worried about is this, Motherwell will come out the exact same way as Hibs. They'll get in our faces and commit dirty fowels that break the game up.
What really annoyed me about yesterday's game was that nobody in a Rangers shirt sorted this out. They let Hibs boot lumps out of us and did hee haw.
That ratbag Portius should have been cemented early doors and a marker put down. A John Brown or Ian Ferguson would have sorted things out.
Unfortunately I don't see anything different happening on Sunday. Motherwell will kick anything that moves and we'll let them.
This is exactly , we can’t deal with it

They're now breathing down the back of our necks and made up ground this week before we played our fixture.

Was then time for our players to stand up and be counted and they duly obliged with defensive cockups and players looking like they've played together for the first time.

Fair play to anybody who believes these players, this coaching team and this board are going to rise to the occasion of winning a league title. There's not a leader of men amongst any of them.
Well I am afraid you will have to accept that we will have to get behind the players as we aren’t getting another team or coaching staff any time soon. I personally don’t think it’s a team off bottlers but that’s my opinion.

When did supporting Rangers equate to ignoring the negatives and ignoring the obvious in favour of saying “yeah wooooooo, a point at Easter Road, they’ll only be 2 ahead if they win their game in hand wooooo”.
Don’t you think celtic will drop points?

All good and well and a good result against Motherwell is a must. The thing I'm worried about is this, Motherwell will come out the exact same way as Hibs. They'll get in our faces and commit dirty fouls that break the game up.
That ratbag Porteous should have been cemented early doors and a marker put down. A John Brown or Ian Ferguson would have sorted things out.
This 100% punksnotdead. Back in the day, a rangers captain and a couple of his lieutenants would have taken retribution during the game (covertly).
Now we have a captain and vice-captain and most of the team going in the huffs because the Hibs players booted f**k out of them.

F*****G MAN UP.

Our very own version of the S.A.S. (soft as shite).

I personally don’t think we’ll know where we are until we play them. That’ll be the gauge of how far we’ve come or not come.

Not really. The results against the jobbers have cost us in recent seasons, won’t be any different this year.

I am more nervous about going to Fir Park on Sunday than I would be going to the Piggery.

If you give Walter Smith the exact same squad we win the league. Sometimes it's not just about buying players, it's about moulding a team of winners. Unfortunately managers like Walter don't grow on trees.

This all day long. New players in the squad this year - apart from a midfielder which we all acknowledge we need - mean squad depth is no longer an excuse. We have an extremely strong squad with a terrible mental attitude.

That’s coming from the management team because there has been a lot of players in the 25 man squad over the past three seasons and the team cannot handle the pressure regardless of the players in the squad.

After 15 minutes on Sunday, or even at 1-2, did anyone honestly think that we would win comfortably. Let’s be honest, it was clearly a draw all day long and the most painful thing is that we can see it coming...

I'm not directly blaming helander although he didn't seem to be aware of their player running in & i do agree that he was fouled.
Try watching a replay of it, Helander did a cracking job of watching the runner.
Look at the replay from the side the cross comes in and tell us Helander wasn't aware of him.

We've been having the same discussions over the past 2 seasons, 2 seasons with nothing to show for it.
1st bit of pressure this season & we fail to rise to it.
Unfortunately there are some so blind that cannot see.
Yesterday wasn’t pressure though was it? It was about making a statement that said ok use get your dodgy decision and we will go out and smash it or at least grab it.

Now to be fair now that the dust settles if Kent or Arfield take their chances then we are flying again however they didn’t

This all day long. New players in the squad this year - apart from a midfielder which we all acknowledge we need - mean squad depth is no longer an excuse. We have an extremely strong squad with a terrible mental attitude.

That’s coming from the management team because there has been a lot of players in the 25 man squad over the past three seasons and the team cannot handle the pressure regardless of the players in the squad.

After 15 minutes on Sunday, or even at 1-2, did anyone honestly think that we would win comfortably. Let’s be honest, it was clearly a draw all day long and the most painful thing is that we can see it coming...
There’s still to many player hanging or were allowed to hang about getting random shots like Jones, Stewart, Barker, Ojo, katic.

It’s actually baffling! Am not even sure Gerrard 100 % knows how to play the players in the game he wants to play if that makes sense?

Arfield - where to play him

Aribo Where to play him

Itten - Morelos - Roofe - where to fit them in oh and Defoe

Kamara, Jack. Davis - players same position but we have to fudge to in for the a game in the SPL ?

Hagi - where to pay him ?

I am confused now

We will likely play them with the same team that played v Hibs.

Too many injuries just now
3 weeks on Saturday ? With an international break right before hand? However it would give these 2 key players needed time to come in and settle for at least a decent Period but we will no doubt mess that up

3 weeks on Saturday ? With an international break right before hand? However it would give these 2 key players needed time to come in and settle for at least a decent Period but we will no doubt mess that up
Aye, I dont think anyone could potentially miss up to 6 weeks with muscle injury, then come straight into the starting line up. They will need eased back in

Back