When Jack and Dorrans are back

Gascoigne

Official Ticketer
We will have a serious decision to make with regards our starting midfielders.

Jack for me is consistent and despite some early worries, I think he will be a mainstay in this team.

Dorrans started well and is obviously one of our more talented players.

But in their absence, Goss, Docherty and Holt have all done exceptionally well.

There's no way I can see Goss getting dropped, and Docherty would have a serious case to stay in the side also.

It's very refreshing to have an actual "squad" and have this potential headache.

Jack should be able to step in when Goss returns to QPR (unless in the unlikely event we can keep him).

Hopefully by the time they are back we will be in a position where we are competing in Europe and all fronts domestically. Having options and a strong squad is vital to us being successful. We’ve maybe forgot that due to not even having a strong 11 for a number of years.

Doherty and McCrorie are both young guys who have the potential to be even better than they are now. That should be encouraged. Both would be starters for me and could potentially be the lynchpins of our midfield for the next decade.

Goss is the same but unfortunately is not our player. Obviously depends what happens in the Summer.

Dorrans and Jack are both good enough to step in if needed.

Holt should be thanked for his efforts and moved on. Not the quality we need for a title winning team.

I would be looking to sign another centre mid when Goss goes back as well. The injuries we've had in that area over the last 2 seasons show that you need plenty of options.

Will be a very good problem for the manager to have come next season. All good quality players to chose from with individual skills that will allow us to change and adapt game to game.

Dorrans can play in the no 10 role aswell for when Windass is not bang at it. If we manage to get goss permanently then it’s Goss and Docherty for me over anyone else. Holt & Halliday will likely move on. McRorie will drop into defence. It’s a good problem to have.

an even bigger headache when the mighty pena returns next year:D

But i must say its a very good problem to have at the moment, i'd like us to get goss but for once in a good wee while im not shiting myself about injuries and notnhaving the depth of squad and apt replacements.

I want to see how they can play together and with different combinations.
It's bloody marvellous to have this headache.

I don’t think we’ll be keeping Goss. Not only because he’s QPR’s player but our attentions are elsewhere.

Got a feeling Goss won’t stay.

Jack and Docherty will be the two DMs.

Dorrans be lucky to get in the first 11 IMO.

You've got to ask yourself what the best pairing is from: Holt, Jack, Dorrans, Docherty and Goss.
Team form strongly suggests Docherty and Goss. If we can land Goss permanently it's cause for celebration. He and Docherty could be the core of our midfield for years to come.

I don’t think we’ll be keeping Goss. Not only because he’s QPR’s player but our attentions are elsewhere.

He's an absolute standout though mate and offers us things none of the other mids do.

He's only 22 year old and I don't see another central midfielder in the country that can control and dictate the tempo of a game the way he does.

Not to mention his passing range and set piece delivery.

An absolute gem that I'd be bursting a gut to sign up permanently.

According to Norwich fans when we first signed Dorrans, he operates better further forward(#10). He's one of our best players but since we're playing well, he might need to bide his time getting back into the team. Especially since he's been off with a lengthy injury.

He's an absolute standout though mate and offers us things none of the other mids do.

He's only 22 year old and I don't see another central midfielder in the country that can control and dictate the tempo of a game the way he does.

Not to mention his passing range and set piece delivery.

An absolute gem that I'd be bursting a gut to sign up permanently.

Although Holloway is an absolute bell end, I happen to believe that QPR genuinely wanted Goss to gain experience up here and come back.

I think they actually don't want to sell him.

We won't see Goss in a Rangers shirt next season. His showings already are proving to QPR what they have on their books.

I also think we need to carefully plan our central forward roles and CB pairing before new midfielders

More than likely morelos will be off and the money needs to be used for a 'new morelos' and cover atCB where we are still weak.

Cummings won't provide what we will lose in morelos

Rotations and other things will come in to play when it comes to squad selection.

Could be times we play with a 3 in the middle etc. I'd very much like to see Jack, Docherty and Dorrans all in the same 11.

After the summer I think it could be

Jack - Docherty
Candeias - Dorrans - Murphy

I don't think we'll manage to keep Goss, and whilst Windass is on top form at the moment if that takes a dip then Dorrans will come back in

I don't think Dorrans can play the role Windass is playing now. His game has changed over the years. In fact, I'd say he's now closer to Goss in terms of style. There were a couple of games away from home where he sat a little deeper and just dictated the match.

If we were to manage to sign Goss (which will come down to him more than anything else I reckon), we'd have a very strong midfield in terms of options. Both Jack and Dorrans have the ability to be very good players for us, but Goss and Docherty won't be easy to shift. Windass is the only player we have at the moment capable of doing the job he currently does (it's not a number 10, something a bit different from that), and I think McCrorie will move into centre half where he'll offer a really good option for dealing with teams who press high.

We'll have plenty of games for all of them to be involved in. Not sure what the right mix would be in terms of a "first choice midfield" though.

Jack competes with Docherty. Dorrans competes with Windass.

Goss can’t be replaced. Keeping him is priority no.1

You think?

There's quite a lot of attributes to jack and goss that are very similar that would make me believe those two would be challenging each other for that spot if they were to be challenging at all.

Docherty and goss with jack sitting behind them would be my option with what we have at present.

Jack being the composed defensive mid breaking up play, dictating the pace in midfield. Docherty also has a decent level of ability at breaking up play aswell and also has the vision for a good pass or run forward by the look of it. Goss range of passing speaks for itself.

Dorrans will have to step his game up from what we've seen already to get near a starting position if we keep up this level of performance. I'd assume mccrorie will go back to CB eventually although he's got the potential to make a midfield position his own aswell.

I expect that we will play a midfield 3 for most games next season of jack, dorrans and docherty (assuming we lose Goss, if not Dorrans is maybe the man to drop out).

Someone will be getting left out though and Morelos, windass, Candeias and Murphy are all difficult to leave out just now... a welcome headache

I dont see any complete overlap between Jack, Dorrans, Goss and Docherty.

They all bring something markedly different.

Its the combinations that are interesting.

You think?

There's quite a lot of attributes to jack and goss that are very similar that would make me believe those two would be challenging each other for that spot if they were to be challenging at all.

Docherty and goss with jack sitting behind them would be my option with what we have at present.

Jack being the composed defensive mid breaking up play, dictating the pace in midfield. Docherty also has a decent level of ability at breaking up play aswell and also has the vision for a good pass or run forward by the look of it. Goss range of passing speaks for itself.

Dorrans will have to step his game up from what we've seen already to get near a starting position if we keep up this level of performance. I'd assume mccrorie will go back to CB eventually although he's got the potential to make a midfield position his own aswell.
Jack does the simple things and he does them really well. They’re just that though, the simple things.

Goss is a deep lying playmaker. Everything is going through him.

Imo they aren’t comparable attributes wise.

On the evidence so far goss and Docherty start every game

Mccorie as dm in big games with one of the wide players or eu dads dropping out

The options we would have if goss stays are tremendous

A diamond like this at say the piggery

————mccorie ——-

Docherty———-goss

————-windass———

Morelos———Murphy

With candeias jack dorrans in reserve is very exciting

It’s all about the squad not the first 11, team selections will change for each game depending upon a number of factors.
Forget about a perfect 11.

I like the fact we don’t have to rush them back, getting Dorrans some game time as a sub, will help get him get back to full fitness and match sharp. I don’t think he has been fully match sharp since he arrived.

I can't help but smile whenever people question how when players are fit, how will they be fitted in to the team. It's been a regular question ever since we started to have more than just 12-13 good players,

In reality the question never comes about and never gets answered because guaranteed we will always have players out injured, that's just modern football and we rarely have anyone quality players warming the bench for any extended period.

Not been overly impressed with Dorrans he’s done ok but nothing spectacular certainly not the Dorrans of 3-4 years ago.

Jack I really like both Jack and Docherty will be in and around our first team for a long time.

Halliday as well as Holt will possibly go.

Goss should be a no brainier as I can’t see us having anyone better lined up although if QPR won’t sell him what can we do .

If Goss stays/we resign Davis it will be a case of that lottery advert- "Nicer problems to have".
I agree with the posters saying they have different strengths and attributes.Goss would still be a huge miss imo though,as he's become an integral part of our recent success and style of play which that involves.

Dorrans is our best midfielder imo

Him and Jack where awful together at the start of the season. Compared to Goss and Docherty there is no comparison. They are both good players but both will struggle to get back in the team. Windass is on fire and getting better every week and Goss and Docherty are our best midfield partnership in years.

Jack competes with Docherty. Dorrans competes with Windass.

Goss can’t be replaced. Keeping him is priority no.1
I’m trying hard not to get too attached to Goss. He’s been the catalyst for our recent run of form and I hate the idea that he might leave at the end of the season. I think he’s that important that if he stays, 55 next year is on.

I'm finding it difficult to make a case for Jack, Dorrans, McCrorrie or even S Davis being a better option than Goss.

Him and Jack where awful together at the start of the season. Compared to Goss and Docherty there is no comparison. They are both good players but both will struggle to get back in the team. Windass is on fire and getting better every week and Goss and Docherty are our best midfield partnership in years.

Awful? Jack was absolutely solid and bossed a lot of games. Dorrans scored 5 goals and 2 assists in 10 starts for us.

For me the performance of the rest of the team let them down.

Back