When Jack and Dorrans are back

You've got to ask yourself what the best pairing is from: Holt, Jack, Dorrans, Docherty and Goss.
Team form strongly suggests Docherty and Goss. If we can land Goss permanently it's cause for celebration. He and Docherty could be the core of our midfield for years to come.

Would love to see these permatations together before the end of the season

Docherty, McCrorie and Dorrans.

Or

Goss, Docherty and Dorrans.

We would dominate most games with those middle 3s.

Last edited:
Jack competes with Docherty. Dorrans competes with Windass.

Goss can’t be replaced. Keeping him is priority no.1

This is what I've been thinking recently. Only difference for me being that Windass is really playing as a second striker and Dorrans would perhaps be more of an attacking midfielder. That's not a bad thing as far as Dorran's is concerned as I feel like we're a man down in midfield when out of possession because Windass doesn't track back and help get back possession.

Goss seems happy here and I think he gets “it” him a centre half and a replacement for Morelos and we are looking good

Would love to see these permatations together before the end of the season

Docherty, McCrorie and Dorrans.

Or

Goss, Docherty and Dorrans.

We would dominate most games with that middle 3.
That's a couple of good midfields, but what about Windass?
We're playing our best stuff in a 4-2-3-1. Murphy, Windass and Candeias are working brilliantly in the three supporting Morelos.

I like Jack but Goss is in a different league, McCrorie will have to be moved back I guess although I really like him in midfield

I don’t disagree on that point one bit. However it will take serious money to buy Goss in my opinion and as has been discussed elsewhere, his stock is rising due to his excellent performances with us.

Let’s not forget most of us were happy enough with Jack before he got injured so he’s not the worse person to fill Goss’ position if he goes back.

Back