When Jones was through on goal

KazKoz

Do you know when Jones was through on goal yesterday I was not on the edge of my seat probably because domestically at least we never score those chances.

I was so pleasantly surprised when he had that text book finish.

If we can bring that more clinical finishing side to our game, our fortunes will be 100% in our own hands this season.

It wasn’t the only time in the game that he did this and I like how he quickly diagonally cuts across the chasing defender, leaving him with that dilemma to let him go or take a booking.

with most of the Hibs defence on a booking by HT last week and them opening up at 1-2, this is the sort of pressure we should apply.

It wasn’t the only time in the game that he did this and I like how he quickly diagonally cuts across the chasing defender, leaving him with that dilemma to let him go or take a booking.

with most of the Hibs defence on a booking by HT last week and them opening up at 1-2, this is the sort of pressure we should apply.
Off topic but it's a good point and something we need to get a lot cuter at.

JJ actually did do it a few times, work himself into positions where he invited the foul.

We need to work guys sitting on cards as well.

Was a peach of a goal though, got to be happy for him.

The ball is firmly in Jones side of the court now. Gerrard has laid it down for him what he wants to see. Can he apply himself? Or will it all go to his head again?

Time will tell but he could make a real stake for that wide right role at the moment, especially with Barker & Roofe currently injured.

Really hope Jones kicks on now, think we’ve always known how dangerous he can be, would be a real boost to the squad if he forces his way into the 1st 11 from here on.

Do you know when Jones was through on goal yesterday I was not on the edge of my seat probably because domestically at least we never score those chances.

If we can bring that more clinical finishing side to our game, our fortunes will be 100% in our own hands this season.
When teams defend so deep, we don’t get too many “through with the keeper to beat” opportunities.

Alfie clean through v imps and scored.

We don't get many of they chances though as the park the bus teams sit so deep.

I think Scott Arfield deserves a mention,I just think he brings so much energy and purpose to the team and I'd have him in before Jack. Superb pass to set JJ up.

Absolutely Jack. The thing none of us mentioned was that lovely wee interplay with Tav & Davis(?) to create the space to play the defence splitting pass.

That was just quality, the work of a craftsman.

I think it was Andy Halliday I heard on the radio last week saying Arfield is a players’ player. Sounds right to me.

J6kHone.gif

Back