When King asked us to boycott?

rfcjonnya

When Dave King asked us to boycott our season tickets why did people keep their seats?

I am seeing alot of people saying ‘i have sat here for 15 years’ etc etc. Is it the case they did give up their seats and paid game by game and then got their seats back when King took over? Or did these people just decide not to give up their seat hoping we would still have a club to support anyway? Selfishness of the highest order if the latter is the case.

It has just been with the UB safe standing thing I see this excuse not to move alot even though if these people had the clubs best interests at heart they would have starved the club of money like was asked.

Not looking for another UB arguement here. Genuinely curious as to why people wouldn’t have given up their seats short term to finally rid the club of the SPIVS.

When Dave King asked us to boycott our season tickets why did people keep their seats?

I am seeing alot of people saying ‘i have sat here for 15 years’ etc etc. Is it the case they did give up their seats and paid game by game and then got their seats back when King took over? Or did these people just decide not to give up their seat hoping we would still have a club to support anyway? Selfishness of the highest order if the latter is the case.

It has just been with the UB safe standing thing I see this excuse not to move alot even though if these people had the clubs best interests at heart they would have starved the club of money like was asked.

Not looking for another UB arguement here. Genuinely curious as to why people wouldn’t have given up their seats short term to finally rid the club of the SPIVS.

Good point.

i gave mine up and got it back after the boycott, my dad also got his back and 4 of my mates took the seats nexts to me as the guys who used to sit there moved to the enclosuee next to their mates.

They were from Ballieston actually :))

I lost my seats in cf4 due to supporters of the old board relocating that season to these seats and had to move to cf2 at renewal time when the spivs were ousted

Maybe they just don't count the boycott period as nobody had a seat then?

Why does everything have to be a big conspiracy on here?

Even although there was a boycott we were still getting decent enough crowds.

Would have included more than a few season ticket holders that never boycotted

Maybe they just don't count the boycott period as nobody had a seat then?

Why does everything have to be a big conspiracy on here?
That could be the case. That is why the question is asked. Did you read the OP? A genuine question was asked, not pin pointing the finger at people. Seems like you are the one starting a conspiracy.

I thought I had given it up but my uncle renewed it for me as he'd been there for years and was mates with those around him... half of whom boycotted or moved. I was furious!

A guy I used to get the bus with though boasted on his FB that he managed to upgrade his CR1 ST to a CR3 front and centre. That made me even angrier.

Alot of people need reminding that they don't own their seat. It's not theirs it's the clubs and we rent them.

We gave up our STs and never set foot in Ibrox for the length of time the Crooks were in along with joining Craig Houston’s Sons of Struth. Where we went on demonstrations to be decried by so called Supporters, who benefited by getting improved STs viewing. We were lucky that two STs came up from people we knew who were going abroad. Pity King didn’t also say take a minimum away ticket allocation against the RATS that tried to Put Us Down!

Don't think the op has mentioned conspiracy. He's just asking a question. Which I think he has a great point

What's his point exactly? Is he expecting every single person to answer individually? By stating the question he is creating the conspiracy that some people have just kept their seat and hoped for the best.

This thread is disingenuous pish. The boycott and the UB huff are in no way comparative, and if this thread really was about asking people why they never moved a couple years back you wouldn't have brought UB into it

I gave up my season book with a heavy heart after having one from 2000 (10years old), I then got a new season ticket when King took over. It was worth it in my opinion to save our club. And although times nay be hard at the moment I am adament we will experience the good times soon. And fûck me 55 is going to be a party like has never been seen before in my lifetime.

I lost the two seats that my Dad and I had been in for 20 years in the MSF.

They were absolute belters so obviously got snapped up by people keen to have them immediately.

I sit a few rows back from them now but could only get one ticket. My old man has since stopped going to the games through ill health but I'm disappointed I couldn't get the old two (or any two for that matter) in the area for when I start taking my kids to the games.

For all that, I feel it was worth it knowing I helped oust the Spivs even if it was just in the smallest of gestures on my part.

This thread is disingenuous pish. The boycott and the UB huff are in no way comparative, and if this thread really was about asking people why they never moved a couple years back you wouldn't have brought UB into it
The UB’s where brought into it because people within the support would have tried and link the two when that wasn’t the intention of the thread. It has been a question that I have asked a few people over the last few months when hearing why they hadn’t guven up their seats or if they count the boycott years.

What's his point exactly? Is he expecting every single person to answer individually? By stating the question he is creating the conspiracy that some people have just kept their seat and hoped for the best.
Read his post. If you don't like his question then don't bother replying for an argument. Just typical FF guy puts Imo a decent question up and people just want to start and slag other fans

Read his post. If you don't like his question then don't bother replying for an argument. Just typical FF guy puts Imo a decent question up and people just want to start and slag other fans

You're at it mate.

In the question he specifically says "Genuinely curious as to why people wouldn’t have given up their seats short term to finally rid the club of the SPIVS".

Is he not the one wanting to start an argument and slag other fans here? How can he expect every single season ticket holder to answer for themselves? It's a pointless thread.

You're at it mate.

In the question he specifically says "Genuinely curious as to why people wouldn’t have given up their seats short term to finally rid the club of the SPIVS".

Is he not the one wanting to start an argument and slag other fans here? How can he expect every single season ticket holder to answer for themselves? It's a pointless thread.
Jesus are you being purposefully dense. What is the point of any question being put on a forum if every member of the support cannot answer? Going by your logic asking a question such as ‘should McCrorie start infront of Jack’ shouldn’t be asked because everyone cannot answer on here.

You're at it mate.

It’s a discussion board. Jesus christ. Maybe it’s not the topic you want to chat about - so leave it and find one you do instead of disrupting others.

I gave up mt seat in the EE, but was very lucky to get it back.

It's a shite seat, but everyone round about are what makes it.

Jesus are you being purposefully dense. What is the point of any question being put on a forum if every member of the support cannot answer? Going by your logic asking a question such as ‘should McCrorie start infront of Jack’ shouldn’t be asked because everyone cannot answer on here.

Asking if McCrorie should start ahead of Jack doesn't accuse supporters of being selfish though. He's clearly looking for a conspiracy or why would he have mentioned folk not giving up their seats and being selfish in the question?

I kept my seat.
Call it what you will. I kept it because I wanted to support the team. I was sick and tired of doing what other people said. King obviously had our best interests at heart, but then we said that about Murray, Green & Whyte as well.
Myself and my 2 brothers made the decision to pay over the 4 instalments and follow the team.
You’re entitled to your opinion of course but stick the selfish shit up your arse. Everyone has the right to choose what they do.

You're at it mate.

Other posters are answering his question without a problem or argument

Delighted to be told I'm wrong but did UB not go back before the boycott was over?

I seem to recall the team needing support was the reason but as I said could be well off here.

Not everyone does what DK says, not everyone supports him now, some still think MA would be good for us still.
Some people just want out the house to watch Rangers, some saw an opportunity to get a better seat. Some just done it out of habit.
The list is endless.

I kept my seat.
Call it what you will. I kept it because I wanted to support the team. I was sick and tired of doing what other people said. King obviously had our best interests at heart, but then we said that about Murray, Green & Whyte as well.
Myself and my 2 brothers made the decision to pay over the 4 instalments and follow the team.
You’re entitled to your opinion of course but stick the selfish shit up your arse. Everyone has the right to choose what they do.
@Baku Bear this is exactly the sort of answer I was looking for. An explanation about why someone kept their seat.

Cheers for the response mate.

What attendances were we getting? I genuinely can't remember. There will have been thousands that never gave up their tickets, of that I'm sure.

One of my mates never gave his up and he still says it's all the same people that have sat there for years.

Other posters are answering his question without a problem or argument

I answered the question too. It was my first reply. His post clearly points the finger at people and accuses supporters of being selfish even if he doesn't directly blame anyone. That was my point.

Delighted to be told I'm wrong but did UB not go back before the boycott was over?

I seem to recall the team needing support was the reason but as I said could be well off here.
Very well could have mate. Alot of people paid game by game including nyself as to starve the club of money up front.

What attendances were we getting? I genuinely can't remember. There will have been thousands that never gave up their tickets, of that I'm sure.

One of my mates never gave his up and he still says it's all the same people that have sat there for years.
Two of my best mates decided to keep their seats due to not knowing who or what to believe as it was a confusing time.

Two of my best mates decided to keep their seats due to not knowing who or what to believe as it was a confusing time.
Am sure he said he couldn't bear to give the seat he had sat for years in up.

To be honest what annoys me slightly more is a couple of other mates who never went once when we were in the lower divisions, by their own admission they couldn't be bothered cos the football was shit, as soon as we got promoted to the top league they get season tickets back and are now going to most of the away games as well

Fair enough, but why bring up the "selfishness of the highest order" part before anyone's even given you an answer?
In my opinion if someone knew exactly what was going on at the club (many didn’t as it was chaos at the time) but decided to say fûck it and keep their seat anyway out of some sort of sense of nostalgia rather than helping the club, I would classify that as selfish. People probably did do this. But others, as stated above, didn’t know what was going in, uncles had re-newed anyway and didn’t know there was a boycott.
I personally know people who just didn’t care and renewed, I find that selfish.

Some did the its my seat. Support the team. Others took the opportunity to take the seat of a bear that was now standing outside. The numbers that walked past us was a joke and maybe things would be better today if they had followed the boycott.

In my opinion if someone knew exactly what was going on at the club (many didn’t as it was chaos at the time) but decided to say fûck it and keep their seat anyway out of some sort of sense of nostalgia rather than helping the club, I would classify that as selfish. People probably did do this. But others, as stated above, didn’t know what was going in, uncles had re-newed anyway and didn’t know there was a boycott.
I personally know people who just didn’t care and renewed, I find that selfish.

I'd say it's selfish too, but a lot of people who post on here and claim to have sat in their seat for 15 years wouldn't fall into that bracket imo. I had to move a few rows away due to the boycott, but I'd still tell people I've had my season ticket for 10 years if it came up.

Giving up my ticket was one of the hardest decisions of my life, I had a season ticket every year since Souness arrived.

I don't hold any animosity to the fans who did buy tickets, I was almost one myself.
I thought it was one of the easiest decisions of my life.

There's no way I could have allowed myself to knowingly fund crooks who were out to rape my club.

I'd say it's selfish too, but a lot of people who post on here and claim to have sat in their seat for 15 years wouldn't fall into that bracket imo. I had to move a few rows away due to the boycott, but I'd still tell people I've had my season ticket for 10 years if it came up.
If you posted on here, you couldn't claim not to know what you were buying into.
I'd say those who relied on papers and tv news would be more likely to have renewed.

I kept my seat had since Souness wasn’t chucking it for anyone. Selfish? I guess that’s for debate but not in my view

I am beginning to think to do the same tbh.

Had my ST for X number of years is just a turn of phrase. Not thinking anybody is going to question but what about the time DK asked us to PAYG (not boycott).

So what is your opinion on the UB moving? Do you think people should move to allocate them? Do they deserve a seat in prime location more than others? Just genuinely curious

@Baku Bear this is exactly the sort of answer I was looking for. An explanation about why someone kept their seat.

Cheers for the response mate.

People (like I did) will get a bit upset about it because for each and everyone of us it is up there with the toughest times of our footballing lives (certainly even my life in general)
We all had decisions to make. I think in the past it’s been used as some sort of stick to beat the people who did still go to matches with and that’s why @Bakubear will question why anyone’s asking again.

There was no right or wrong answer imo. It’s different to the SD deal as it’s clear as the nose on your face that we are being shafted, so much so that official communication from the club was to not buy.
Following or supporting the team is emotive though. It’s not as simple as not buying a shirt when you’ve felt only 2/3 years earlier that the club you’ve loved since you could walk was going to cease to exist.

I kept my seat.

Figured it was still cheaper than forking out on a game by game basis and I had the bonus of sitting next to the directors box and - believe me - Easdale and the other thieves heard what I thought about them every game. Still feel the Hearts cancelled game was a big turning point.

If you want to call that selfish then feel free.

Boycotted and lost my seat got one 2 rows in front.Asked the guy who took my seat during the boycott if he fancied a swap and explained what had happened.Unlucky for myself he refused.Still can’t say alright to him even now.

So what is your opinion on the UB moving? Do you think people should move to allocate them? Do they deserve a seat in prime location more than others? Just genuinely curious
I have clearly stated I am not wanting that arguement on this thread. If I wanted to have the arguement I would go into the numerous other UB threads and state my opinion.

Back