When King asked us to boycott?

Surely to %^*& we put our support of our club before we start trying to gain brownie points by showing how staunch we are, yes it was hard during the spivs time, but why slag a Rangers fan who kept his season ticket during that time.

So you were pinpointing people then?
There was no intended finger pointing in the OP, I asked the question why people didn’t give up their seats and I noted that I thought that people who didn’t, solely for the reason that they wanted to keep their seat, where selfish. I didn’t start out on a crusade to humiliate these people or try and blame them for anything. You getting your kicks out trying to twist peoples posts mate aye? You embarassed you did nothing to help our club or something? (That last question was finger pointing you just to let you know).

Surely to %^*& we put our support of our club before we start trying to gain brownie points by showing how staunch we are, yes it was hard during the spivs time, but why slag a Rangers fan who kept his season ticket during that time.
Personally I put having a club before the support of our club. Each to their own though. Also no-one is trying to score points. The question was asked. And people have guven their answers. People seem to get very defensive over keeping their seat though.

My mates kept buying their season tickets and continued to go.I respected their decision and never asked them why. I knew they were 100% Rangers men and loved the Club. It was not up for debate but I took a different tact and stopped going using the money I saved to buy shares and hoped that action would somehow help rid the club of the spivs . I would do the same again but would never criticise anyone who continued to go.

Exactly mate.

Although me and my family boycotted, I know plenty of good friends who kept going.

There was no right or wrong decision.

Just a horrible one.

Dave King never asked fans to boycott Ibrox, he wanted them not to buy ST and put the money into a fund to buy shares.
After the initial idea was made public, it died a death.
I believe the idea was floated by a collection of fans groups

There was no intended finger pointing in the OP, I asked the question why people didn’t give up their seats and I noted that I thought that people who didn’t, solely for the reason that they wanted to keep their seat, where selfish. I didn’t start out on a crusade to humiliate these people or try and blame them for anything. You getting your kicks out trying to twist peoples posts mate aye? You embarassed you did nothing to help our club or something? (That last question was finger pointing you just to let you know).
Nah,never helped the club in my life, that's if you don't count losing £1500 in a bond;+£500 in shares or all my admission fees for 65 years..Stick your pointing finger up your arse

Surely people who say I've sat in this seat for x amount of years have to realise that no one at Ibrox is guaranteed their seat the following season
I think the club holds the right to change your seat if required to do so
you would be offered an alternative seat and its up to you whether you except it or decline it

I do think the UB should be housed in the Copland front (CENTRAL) as this is our home support end
to do this I think it would have to install safe standing as UB don't sit down during the game which would mean the rest of the Copland would end up standing

Last I would added to this is it should be a one price season ticket to a standing area or all stands and your not allocated a space to sit or stand it would be on a first come basis

Wrong thread mate.

Personally I put having a club before the support of our club. Each to their own though. Also no-one is trying to score points. The question was asked. And people have guven their answers. People seem to get very defensive over keeping their seat though.
Yes i agree with you. a seat means sfa dont understand why people get so uptight about losing there seat. plus your comment about having a club before supporting our club what does that mean?We nearly lost our club, the THREE BEARS saved our great club and of courseour great support

I lost a seat i had for nearly 20 years and no longer have a season ticket because the only seats that come up are crap. sat at the front of the enclosure for two years and gave it up as couldnt see a thing

Lost my own seat and yes it was hellish through all the shit. However having been around the stadium on a game by game basis, there was some silver lining.

Now have a great seat apart from the prick that sits next to me now :D @Barryhopez

Some folk on here deliberately misreading a post to suit searching for an argument :D

When Dave King asked us to boycott our season tickets why did people keep their seats?

I am seeing alot of people saying ‘i have sat here for 15 years’ etc etc. Is it the case they did give up their seats and paid game by game and then got their seats back when King took over? Or did these people just decide not to give up their seat hoping we would still have a club to support anyway? Selfishness of the highest order if the latter is the case.

It has just been with the UB safe standing thing I see this excuse not to move alot even though if these people had the clubs best interests at heart they would have starved the club of money like was asked.

Not looking for another UB arguement here. Genuinely curious as to why people wouldn’t have given up their seats short term to finally rid the club of the SPIVS.

I didn’t give up my seat. That particular seat has been in my family for a long, long time and I made the decision, despite knowing exactly what was going on at the club, to keep a hold of it because of what it means to me.

I have an attachment to that seat that has passed through 3 generations of my family that I wasn’t willing to risk losing.

You may call that selfish (I don’t particularly care what you think) but that’s my reason seeing as you asked!

I wouldn’t dream of giving up my season ticket as I love going to watch Rangers and I am not a lemming. No judgement here either though :cool:
That is all.

Me and my old man kept ours, we discussed it a lot at the time and went back and forth but decided to renew in the end.

I have a few mates who did different things, one who gave his up just drifted away bar the odd game which I think was probably quite common for some, while another skipped the lower league years and came back for the Premiership.

I lost the two seats that my Dad and I had been in for 20 years in the MSF.

They were absolute belters so obviously got snapped up by people keen to have them immediately.

I sit a few rows back from them now but could only get one ticket. My old man has since stopped going to the games through ill health but I'm disappointed I couldn't get the old two (or any two for that matter) in the area for when I start taking my kids to the games.

For all that, I feel it was worth it knowing I helped oust the Spivs even if it was just in the smallest of gestures on my part.

My son and myself, with very heavy hearts, two good seats in the Copland front as we felt that our sacrifice was nothing in the grand scale of things as we(all us fans) had to rid the club of the crooks, asset strippers, immoral gangsters and rats (Including Cashley!) in order to save Rangers from the fate that Third Lanark suffered, and get us back to the top! We arn't quite there yet and Cashley is still trying to screw us but we are in the position now to get where we want to be, and despite recent setbacks, I believe we are not as far away as some would suggest.
As big Marvin said "Keep believing."
P.S. We now have two really good seats in the East Enclosure.:))

W.A.T.P.

I don't dislike anyone who didn't boycott or anyone who did. No-one knew, the only fact was everyone knew what was going on and the support felt utterly helpless. Really dark times.

What does stick in the throat regarding boycotts is the people who attended Tannadice that day.
The only ones I have a gripe with are the handful who jumped straight in and nabbed boycotters seats doing folk out of where they had sat for years.

They would be the only ones Id suggest were a tad selfish though i dont care that I had to move

When Graeme Souness came into the quintessential Louden and told supporters that he was making the unbelievably difficult decision in giving up the seat that his grandfather sat in , all who were in that night understood it was time to follow suit...

Two of my best mates decided to keep their seats due to not knowing who or what to believe as it was a confusing time.
This was a very good point and one often overlooked. We had been force fed so much crap by so many people it was hard to know what the truth actually was. I have no issue at all with people who kept their seats.
Similarly, I have huge respect for the bears who did boycott, especially those who had their seats for many years, it wasn’t an easy decision

The only ones I have a gripe with are the handful who jumped straight in and nabbed boycotters seats doing folk out of where they had sat for years.

They would be the only ones Id suggest were a tad selfish though i dont care that I had to move
And boasted about it on social media which I found sickening to be honest

A very confusing time for all. My son and I changed our minds umpteen times. By the time we decided to renew our seats in the EE they were gone. We then bought 2 for the Govan Rear and have been there ever since. I often wonder who had the 2 seats and whether they were part of the boycott. When we sat in them for the first time I wondered if we would be approached and told we were scabs:(

All joking aside it was a horrible time in our illustrious history and there was no right or wrong. Lets make sure it never happens again Bears!!

There were some at the time who quite brazenly viewed it as an opportunity to get a better seat in the stadium unfortunately.

I kept my seat - have since moved seats to get ones together with my sons, right enough.

I didn’t hear a convincing enough argument, that I could genuinely trust, to make me give up my season ticket and pay game by game.

Back