When larsson was poor

This reminds me of the arguments you’d have in playground at 10years old.

Not being able to accept any Rangers player was rubbish.
Not being able to accept any Celtic player was any good.

He stunk the place out, not just in the 2002 scf but in other games against us apart from the 6-2 game he never did anything against us to merit his overblown hype, always seemed to struggle against us, unless my memory is on the slide.
Utter garbage.
Let me just ask this one.
Don’t you wish Advocaat, well I guess it’d have been Smith, had known about his contract situation rather than Jansen?
He’d have been a great replacement for McCoist and light years ahead of Negri.

I'm not having that. Larsson's goalscoring record at previous clubs was poor. Add the fact he got away with absolute murder up here with countless dives for penalties and offside goals. Larsson is one of the worst cheats I've ever seen in Scottish football.
That’s very clearly not true and very easily proved wrong.

I'm not having that. Larsson's goalscoring record at previous clubs was poor. Add the fact he got away with absolute murder up here with countless dives for penalties and offside goals. Larsson is one of the worst cheats I've ever seen in Scottish football.
Did you watch the world cup in america 1994, he was superb. I'm sure sweden got to the semi finals that year.

Your post has to go down as one of the most staunchest pieces of rubbish I've read on here.

Now get back to telling everybody that the league finishes on the 17th of may.

101 appearances for Feyenoord, 26 goals.
Hogaborg. 64 games, 23 goals.
Helsingborg. 61 games, 51 goals.
Barcelona. 59 games, 19 goals.
Helsingborg again. 107 games, 54 goals.

The only time you could say his ratio was poor was at Manchester United as a backup in his mid 30s, where despite being so ‘poor’, Ferguson wanted to extend his loan and after he couldn’t he commissioned for him special dispensation to get a winners medal such was his contribution.

Additionally, I’m not really sure you could describe his Feyenoord ratio as poor either, it’s better than say Michael Mols’ in the same time.

As dirty as I feel for sticking up for Larsson, there’s really better hills to die on than very easily debunk-able ones.

101 appearances for Feyenoord, 26 goals. He tore the place up, he really did.
Christ i feel like a Larsson cheer leader here, but if truth be told i think he was played out of position a lot in Holland also used as a substitute hence the stats.
Over-rated players in good sides can win European Cups, as both Lambert and Larsson were.
Do you hoenstly think Larsson was over rated, would you have liked us to sign him or do you think he would have been over rated with us too?

He went over the top of the ball and split MacPherson's knee wide open with his studs.

IIRC Provan defended him by saying he was only protecting himself, which was absolute crap.
Ahh, that was it. Did McPherson break his jaw?

He stunk the place out, not just in the 2002 scf but in other games against us apart from the 6-2 game he never did anything against us to merit his overblown hype, always seemed to struggle against us, unless my memory is on the slide.

Memory is on the slide...

Absolutely bollocks.

End thread.

My memory of him was when we had amoroso n Moore available he wasn’t anywhere near as damaging but once either was out I think he cleaned us out .
I’m sure he was a very fine player , bit of a diver to exploit the shitebag refs true , but yes the only player bar moravcuc behold was an actual footballer in O’Neill’s squad

No offence OP but you either have amnesia or are trying to rewrite history, he was a special player who made Celtic and went on to okay for Man U and Barcelona.
Yeah he was poor in the final but was a quality player whether we like it or not

Like McCoist? Are we all 10 again pretending they haven’t had good players

Hogaborg. 64 games, 23 goals.
Helsingborg. 61 games, 51 goals.
Barcelona. 59 games, 19 goals.
Helsingborg again. 107 games, 54 goals.

The only time you could say his ratio was poor was at Manchester United as a backup in his mid 30s, where despite being so ‘poor’, Ferguson wanted to extend his loan and after he couldn’t he commissioned for him special dispensation to get a winners medal such was his contribution.

Additionally, I’m not really sure you could describe his Feyenoord ratio as poor either, it’s better than say Michael Mols’ in the same time.

As dirty as I feel for sticking up for Larsson, there’s really better hills to die on than very easily debunk-able ones.

You miss the point. The craziness on this thread would have had Larsson winning the Ballon d'Or every season. He was never anywhere near that status. In fact, if its just reduced to a matter of goals Larsson scored, then Boyd being top SPL goalscorer 4 times or 5 times, better than Larsson, says he's a superior striker. Is this the ridiculous argument being played out ?

Some of the comments on this thread are beyond embarrassing! How any level headed football supporter can claim Larsson was shite or overrated is completely beyond me. I’m saying that as someone who despised him when he played for the mentally challengeds but Jesus Christ there’s some right headcases on here at times!

If anyone thinks he wasn't one of the best players to play in this country then I'm afraid football isn't your game. I despised him. Not like Lennon though. Not because he was a khunt. Just because he had a tendency to do us.

It's actually hard to think of a non footballing reason I don't like him

Over-rated players in good sides can win European Cups, as both Lambert and Larsson were.
tenor.gif

You miss the point. The craziness on this thread would have had Larsson winning the Ballon d'Or every season. He was never anywhere near that status. In fact, if its just reduced to a matter of goals Larsson scored, then Boyd being top SPL goalscorer 4 times or 5 times, better than Larsson, says he's a superior striker. Is this the ridiculous argument being played out ?
Serious question, are you at it?
If not then can you be adult about it and admit the guy was a class act, comparing him to Boyd is embaressing, Boyd didn't play in European Championships, WCs, and aso his alround play was not as good as Larsson, no one has said should be winning Ballon d'Or every season, but i think the fact that 99% of FF are in agreement about a Celtic player would mean your having a stinker here.

Hated him mostly because he was a very dangerous player. A consistent thorn in our side I would say, and I was glad to see the back of him.

At times I wonder if there are lockdown trolls or the fact we have been locked down for so long has made us mental.

Hated the prick, but by fuuk he was their main player. I never thought he would have came back the player he was after that injury. Mols was injured the same time as him.

Good player and he left them, played for Man u and Barca at a late age makes him something. Yeah overrated.

I said apart from the 6-2 reaming, you tell me goals that he scored against us that stood out everytime I think about him playing us is Craig Moores crunching but fair tackle on the touchline
I hate that game being referred to as a reaming or a doing.
It was a freak result in a game where we didn't play badly in and as per, we were on the receiving end of some ridiculous refereeing, none more so than Wilson's red card.

The tussles between him and moore where excellent, no quarter given by any of the two of them and no moaning about it. They just got stuck in and played football.
was just talking about this again in work. great seeing the two of them get stuck in , and not much complaining from either one.
Even when moore tried to remove the right knee of hartson - no major flare up!!!

I hate when it seems we cannot genuinely appreciate a quality player, just because he played for them.

Just look at those teams again from 2002. The tims may have been more brutal/physical , but they got the job done. We played some cracking stuff.
look at the names
R de Boer
Larsson
ferguson
hartson
numan
Canniggia
Lambert

christ, our subs - Tore andre flo, vidmar, nerlinger, shota.

Will we ever see players of that quality again?

Larsson was a dirty player now? Nae bother, I get that you don’t like or rate him but I that’s not how I remember him. He was however a diving cheat who also had zero personality.
he was a dirty player and that's fact, and I can certainly remember this, he left the foot in on numerous occasions he was one fly dirty runt, and anybody that says bollocks is lying

Always used to fear Viduka more than Larson when they played for that mob

I said apart from the 6-2 reaming, you tell me goals that he scored against us that stood out everytime I think about him playing us is Craig Moores crunching but fair tackle on the touchline

Funnily enough I tend not to memorise goals by them against us.

Proper batshit crazy thread.

he was a dirty player and that's fact, and I can certainly remember this, he left the foot in on numerous occasions he was one fly dirty runt, and anybody that says bollocks is lying
I think you’ve been getting Hartson and Larsson mixed up all along.

The thing is, when I worked with loads of mentally challengeds I used to grudgingly admit he was a tremendous player yet during all the time I worked with them not one of the c.unts ever admitted Gazza or Laudrup were tremendous in their own right.
Not f.uckin one!!

Back