When larsson was poor

This is a larsson v rangers topic, not that he wasn't a great player why people quoting his goal scoring at other clubs I've no idea

You miss the point. The craziness on this thread would have had Larsson winning the Ballon d'Or every season. He was never anywhere near that status. In fact, if its just reduced to a matter of goals Larsson scored, then Boyd being top SPL goalscorer 4 times or 5 times, better than Larsson, says he's a superior striker. Is this the ridiculous argument being played out ?
I never once said it based solely on goals, it was you were the one saying he wasn’t any good based on his ‘poor’ goalscoring record at a previous club, so if anyone’s missing the point here pal it’s you.

Think I know what the OP means. There were games against us where Larsson struggled and Amoruso/Moore had great games. On the flip side the opposite would be true in other games. They were always real contests.

I hate that game being referred to as a reaming or a doing.
It was a freak result in a game where we didn't play badly in and as per, we were on the receiving end of some ridiculous refereeing, none more so than Wilson's red card.
Wilson was red carded in the 5-1 game when Venglos was manager. Sent off by that clown Willie Young for a tackle from behind that no other player has been sent off for since. Young was another referee like Collum, Dallas and Thomson who wanted to be the centre of attention. An arsehole of the highest order.

He stunk the place out, not just in the 2002 scf but in other games against us apart from the 6-2 game he never did anything against us to merit his overblown hype, always seemed to struggle against us, unless my memory is on the slide.
I’ll have a half pint of what you’re having mate.

The thing is, when I worked with loads of mentally challengeds I used to grudgingly admit he was a tremendous player yet during all the time I worked with them not one of the c.unts ever admitted Gazza or Laudrup were tremendous in their own right.
Not f.uckin one!!
I would say that's more about your work mates.
I have a few Celtic mates all of whom say Laudrup was outstanding. I don't think anyone can deny that.

Can you confirm for other posters on here that larsson could be a dirty runt ?
You are one of these guys at fives who fly off the handle if anytime someone touches your ankle.
If you think Larsson was dirty you are clutching at straws for someone you dislike.
We get it, you don't think Larsson was very good..
But you still havn't answered the question if you would have liked him in a Rangers jersey?

Christ I thought my memory was bad.

I was delighted to eventually see the back of him. I do think he prayed on some weak Rangers defences at times too. I remember he scored a header at Ibrox and in all honesty it was more or less a free header 6 yards out and I could never fathom how it why we’d give him as much room as we did.
Exactly he didn’t play against the best of Rangers defences

Larsson was a really good player sadly he played for them.

If there was one player i could pick from them in that team it would be him and i can only imagine what he'd have done in a Rangers jersey.

There's no denying he was a very good player but he is severely overrated.

MON took decent players and organised them into a machine. Agathe (when not in his van) had tremendous pace, Alan Thompson was a great crosser of the ball, Lennon had the ability to take the ball from an opposition player's second touch, Hartson and Sutton were physical as were the defenders. He put them in a system that utilised their best attributes, there's a reason why Chesney didn't fancy Sutton or Balde.

It was a nightmare to play against but Larsson alone wasn't a player to be terrified of, he was the tip of a well oiled machine. Again it can't be denied that he was very good but he is severely overrated, otherwise the top teams in Europe would have got him in his prime.

Wilson was red carded in the 5-1 game when Venglos was manager. Sent off by that clown Willie Young for a tackle from behind that no other player has been sent off for since. Young was another referee like Collum, Dallas and Thomson who wanted to be the centre of attention. An arsehole of the highest order.
Aye my memory is shite. I'm almost certain we had a red though.

MON took decent players and organised them into a machine. Agathe (when not in his van) had tremendous pace, Alan Thompson was a great crosser of the ball, Lennon had the ability to take the ball from an opposition player's second touch, Hartson and Sutton were physical as were the defenders. He put them in a system that utilised their best attributes, there's a reason why Chesney didn't fancy Sutton or Balde.

It was a nightmare to play against but Larsson alone wasn't a player to be terrified of, he was the tip of a well oiled machine. Again it can't be denied that he was very good but he is severely overrated, otherwise the top teams in Europe would have got him in his prime.

The top teams in Europe took him when he wasn’t in his prime so that kinda debunks your argument I would have thought

The same to be said for any team really. You get a good crosser with powerful forward, and pacey full backs then it’s winning formula. The thought of him being over rated because he was the tip of well oiled iceberg could be used for us with Mols, jelavic , McCoist etc.
United also looked at him before his leg break so there were sides sniffing about.

We did make it easy by having pushovers like Michael Ball man-mark him at corners.

Spectacular player and idiotic thread, all the same.

40 games for Barca and about 10 goals, not often a starter. 7 games for Utd, 1 goal.

People really overhype those stints big time, a bit too much for a Rangers forum. He was a sensational player and one of the best to ever play in this country, but let’s not take the piss.

He didn’t look out of place at Barca or Man United in spells there. He definitely wasn’t overhyped in a Scottish context unfortunately.

Didn't we get a goal wrongly disallowed for offside when it was 3-1? There was a couple of other refs howlers iirc.
We did!
Their first goal shouldn’t have stood either.
However from 0-3 after less than ten minutes to 2-3 at half time is a different half time team talk for both sides and much, much more pressure for them.

I’ll ask you same as the op, wound you have liked to have signed him for Rangers?

Absolutely no chance mate. The guy caused us all sorts of problems for years. The best player they've ever had imo.

I'd go as far to say that, if Celtic had never signed him, they probably wouldn't have won a title from 1988 until now. He helped stop 10 and was a massive part of O'Neil's side that helped turn the tide from us being miles on top to a more equal footing which they have then taken over in recent years.

Obviously it's conjecture as they couldv'e brought someone else in or another manager who beat Advocaat a different way, but he was a huge figure for them.

And they booed him.
Think your getting confused mate we played celtic 5 times that season 4 times in the league and one in the cup . They lost 3, drew 1 a goal from Stubbs who should have been sent of. They beat us 2-0 in January 1998 .he wasn,t top scorer in the league that season either. Losing ten in a row was down to our poor form especially in the second half of the season .not Larsson.

Stop talking pish honestly it’s embarrassing anyone looking in will be laughing like %^*&.

Larsson was worshipped and praised by the mentally challenged mhedia in this country and you believed it ...how many times in a season did you see him....?

He was a very, very good player. Can't be denied. Only behind God and Gazza in the best players to play in the spfl in my lifetime. Also...seemed to carry himself with a bit more class than your average mentally challenged signing, don't remember too many instances of getting wound up by his antics (other than the fact he was a regular scorer), certainly in comparison to the majority of his horrible teammates.

Its funny though, I can still vaguely remember what I think was his debut for them and thinking they'd signed an absolute donkey. He came on as a late sub in a game against hibs with the score level. Gave the ball away with a shite pass in his own half Chic Charnley of all people proceeded to leather it home and they lost the match as a result. Was winding up my wee Celtic mate about what a duff signing he looked ... little did I know.

Absolutely no chance mate. The guy caused us all sorts of problems for years. The best player they've ever had imo.

I'd go as far to say that, if Celtic had never signed him, they probably wouldn't have won a title from 1988 until now. He helped stop 10 and was a massive part of O'Neil's side that helped turn the tide from us being miles on top to a more equal footing which they have then taken over in recent years.

Obviously it's conjecture as they couldv'e brought someone else in or another manager who beat Advocaat a different way, but he was a huge figure for them.

And they booed him.
I'd say the real defining thing in swaying the balance from Advovcaat's Rangers was the physicality of their team.

Back